Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FTC] Feathercoin Development Overview  (Read 26823 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:29:06 AM

Should something have been done earlier, probably.
Is FTC irrelevant, well, I'd say this is decided the same way price for a coin is decided, by anyone and everyone.
It might end up in a big nosedive, or it might be a huge success, nobody knows as of right now. I mean after all, we haven't switched algo yet so how could one know? Smiley

I find it interesting that everyone seem to deem the future of a coin purely based on how it's traded right now.

"FTC have a low price and low trading volume, hence it's an irrelevant coin that's going to fade away and die."

Does this really make sense? Will the trading volume or price never go up once it's gone down? I fail to see how this kind of argument is even valid in a discussion like this  Huh

With that said, I truly respect your opinion smoothie, however I also truly believe that you're wrong about FTC being irrelevant Smiley

Traded right now?

FTC has been in the gutter for months. Hardly a "right now" supposition of price.

my point still stands, and with that said I have an honest question for you before we go on debating what's right and wrong Smiley
Do you honestly believe that once a coin has gone down it's not possible for it to rise again?

First your point was never validated after I made my post about it above.

Second, the price can go up. But in the long run I do not see FTC as relevant anymore as it is behind the curve of coin development. Laggards end up holding the bag.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:32:35 AM

Thank you for Bumping our thread Smothie  Wink

BTW looking at all time chart, man this coin have so much potential.
It was pumped several times without any obvious news (except first pump where Justabit scammed us all with unocs).
Now we have major news for the first time...new algorithm.

You are welcome. It seems i'm among the few who will post in this thread which again proves my point...interest in FTC is almost non-existent and in my view irrelevant.

Accumulate and sell at a higher price to another unsuspecting investor that may or may not know what to do with their FTC.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:35:43 AM

Since my name has been mentioned above I will mention why I am backing FTC.

As also mentioned above FTC has been around for some time.
I don't really care about the origins of how it was originally created.
I like the fact it has always had a strong community.
I remember reading with interest back in March about the creation of Hullcoin which the FTC team helped set up.

A noble cause I thought for the FTC team to help a local government come up and implement a radical new idea to help combat poverty.
Will it work?
No idea, but I applaud Hull city council and the FTC coin team for trying.

What ultimately will make any altcoin succeed?
I don't claim to truly know the answer to that question, but a good starting point is strong community support, to help develop and expand its use, and to that end I'm currently doing my part to develop an Arcade machine payment device based on a Raspberry Pi, which once complete will be released on Github for anyone to freely use.

Smoothie I have no problem with you taking it and using it for Litecoin, as I'm assuming they have a similar API to Feathercoin, and I have no issues with you considering FTC irrelevant, as I do for many other altcoins.
But can I ask you to stop and just contemplate that just because you consider FTC is irrelevant  doesn't mean you are correct.

Rather than spending your energy being negative, why don't you spend it doing something positive?
I look forward to you bringing something positive to the debate, be it about Feathercoin, Litecoin, or some other Alt.

Yes it is my opinion, not necessarily "right" or "wrong". But more often than not I have been right in my calls. Please look at my track record before discrediting anything I have to say. Thanks.

Good luck to those who "believe" in FTC.

Sometimes being "negative" isn't about being negative at all. It is about calling things as I see it.

Just because people don't want to hear what I have to say doesn't mean what I have to say is negative.

In your perception what I have to say is negative. But it could be a positive should someone who reads what I write ends up not using FTC and thus not losing money in the future should the market go in the direction they would not have wanted it to.

It depends on how you view it. I believe I am doing a community service by speaking my mind on what I honestly think are good developments, coins, and businesses and outing scams and calling out trolls who have propaganda (not that the last two are in this thread).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

vizay

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:58:35 AM

But in the long run I do not see FTC as relevant anymore as it is behind the curve of coin development. Laggards end up holding the bag.

I'm curious (honestly curious, not trying to be an ass about what you write) what you base that impression on. When I look at FTC I see a dedicated community of people and a lot of projects going on that have the possibility to push things in a better direction. I see a will to change things for the better, without to much conservatism trying to keep things as they've always been. I also see a coin where influence and new ideas are pretty easy to push for even though you might be a total newcomer to the community.

With that said, yes of course I'm biased (I can probably be labeled as a fanboy). The fact that I see these things, and you seem not to, tells me that we might be way to private about our stuff over at our own forums. Can we improve our coin & community, probably Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:04:39 AM

But in the long run I do not see FTC as relevant anymore as it is behind the curve of coin development. Laggards end up holding the bag.

I'm curious (honestly curious, not trying to be an ass about what you write) what you base that impression on. When I look at FTC I see a dedicated community of people and a lot of projects going on that have the possibility to push things in a better direction. I see a will to change things for the better, without to much conservatism trying to keep things as they've always been. I also see a coin where influence and new ideas are pretty easy to push for even though you might be a total newcomer to the community.

With that said, yes of course I'm biased (I can probably be labeled as a fanboy). The fact that I see these things, and you seem not to, tells me that we might be way to private about our stuff over at our own forums. Can we improve our coin & community, probably Smiley

I've followed FTC community for over a year...do you realize how much talking has gone on without actual action? Many of the "developments" that have gone on were merely changing mining parameters to suit themselves and not to keep the rules as is from the beginning. Current events form future trends. FTC was a absolute copy-paste of the Litecoin code base as the alert system was still linked to the Litecoin network meaning FTC clients were getting Litecoin updates which I thought was quite funny.

Do not get me wrong. The people of FTC are likely good people, I just see nothing inspirational that makes me or others want to jump in and add any of our developments, insights, and marketing etc to it as there is little to no value there from a purely crypto-coin perspective.

What you see and what I see are different perhaps because I was there when it launched and went through UNOCS, Jon M., etc.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong, but I do not see FTC being used by the average joe en masse in any meaningful way.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:51:12 AM

It was pumped several times without any obvious news (except first pump where Justabit scammed us all with unocs).

You are welcome. It seems i'm among the few who will post in this thread which again proves my point...interest in FTC is almost non-existent and in my view irrelevant.

Accumulate and sell at a higher price to another unsuspecting investor that may or may not know what to do with their FTC.  Tongue

With that said you are attacking the essence of trading. Of course there are idiots buying on top of the pump.
Thanks God for them! I am saying obvious accumulation phase is going on right now, that actually might save some investors from buying to high.
I will not talk to people to buy when the price rocket up...

What is wrong on trading Smothie? This is free market.
peter378

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:59:59 AM

How did the Justabit scam work?
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:46:10 AM

Justabit scam:

1. He worked very well for comuninty, welcome new members, organize contests, bounties, motivate other members to work...hell he made 2000 posts in first two months
2. We loved him
3. Then he came up with idea of UNOCS = cooperation of FTC WDC and PXC (at that time some clever members started to be suspicious as PXC had to many red flags)
4. Pump the shit out of the 3 coins instead of 1 only
5. When PXC was later confirmed as 100% scam (after PhenixExchange stole coins from traders) he played dead bug: I am sorry it wasn't working, but I did lot of good work so I suppose you still love me...
6. UNOCS was never meant to work

Justabit is no longer welcomed by FTC, in fact he should rot in prison as he just scammed NXT coin with Cointropolis.
Not sure if he did scam during his PPC era, but wouldn't be surprised...

Our real hero is Ghostlander.
Ghostlander took over develepment of dead PXC as prevoius devs abondoned project (and walked away with stolen money).
Now after months of hard work he finished Neoscrypt.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:46:17 AM

Nothing wrong with trading. Just can't help but notice the focus in the post I replied to was on trading so I could not help myself with some humor.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Nothing wrong with trading. Just can't help but notice the focus in the post I replied to was on trading so I could not help myself with some humor.  Tongue

Ok than Smiley
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

This coin was complete dogshit back when it was popular.  I can't believe you ever fooled anyone even for a single day.

I knew from day one Feather would be a dead ShitCoin in no time simply by the utter lack of imagination and creativity from the devs.

FEATHER?

Seriously?  Why not BeakCoin?  Haha!

Last year any dev could have had their choice of cool and clever coin names yet these idiots chose FEATHER.

Hahahaa.

Oh yeah, one more thing, when feather was trading 50 times higher than iXcoin I told you all Feather [and Beak] coin had not future and that iXcoin would rule and look at that, the coin you arrogant clowns called a dead coin has been sitting at a stable and consistent valuation of ~$1 million all year long and I'm just getting warmed up.

Now ya'll add those sweet features and algos to FEATHER, I'm sure people will run to that copy and paste "innovation".

Bwhaahahahaaa.

Deliverance is SWEET [oh Lord]!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:57:53 PM

This coin was complete dogshit back when it was popular.  I can't believe you ever fooled anyone even for a single day.

I knew from day one Feather would be a dead ShitCoin in no time simply by the utter lack of imagination and creativity from the devs.

FEATHER?

Last year any dev could have had their choice of cool and clever coin names yet these idiots chose FEATHER.

Hahahaa.

Oh yeah, one more thing, when feather was trading 50 times higher than iXcoin I told you all Feather [and Beak] coin had not future and that iXcoin would rule and look at that, the coin you arrogant clowns called a dead coin has been sitting at a stable and consistent valuation of ~$1 million all year long and I'm just getting warmed up.

Now ya'll add those sweet features and algos to FEATHER, I'm sure people will run to that copy and paste "innovation".

Bwhaahahahaaa.

Hey!
Its obviously the name what matters you are right on that.  Roll Eyes
- Next point is that nearly every PoW coin out there is a copy and paste of Bitcoin so whats the point on that?
- Iam happy for you that your iXcoin is stable.
- But where comes your hate from?
- If you are not happy with that what Feathercoin is doing, just dont buy/mine any of them?

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

FEATHER?

Hahahaa.

Bwhaahahahaaa.

Hey!
Its obviously the name what matters you are right on that.  Roll Eyes
- Next point is that nearly every PoW coin out there is a copy and paste of Bitcoin so whats the point on that?
- Iam happy for you that your iXcoin is stable.
- But where comes your hate from?
- If you are not happy with that what Feathercoin is doing, just dont buy/mine any of them?

Regards,
ChekaZ

I don't know why, I've just always hated feathers since I was a baby. Maybe I choked on one or something as a little tyke.  That and the sheer arrogance on display last year from all the feather coin devs.  I couldn't make a single comment which criticized their coin without getting banned.  Had they listened they would have seen this coming and maybe prevented it but then again, how can anyone with no imagination or creativity see anything coming.

Amirite?

I'll stop posting now on this thread - it just felt great to have been right and to see the arrogant finally humbled.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:14:56 AM

.... it just felt great to have been right and to see the arrogant finally humbled.

What behavior from the ftc devs? This is news to me as I only started with ftc at the end of last year.

.. no imagination or creativity..

That has all changed now.

Just have a look at what we already have. Plus there's much more in development.

Last night one of the team tipped Coblee ftc via our twitter tipbot.. How many coins can say that they have done that..

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:03:33 AM

.... it just felt great to have been right and to see the arrogant finally humbled.

What behavior from the ftc devs? This is news to me as I only started with ftc at the end of last year.

.. no imagination or creativity..

That has all changed now.

Just have a look at what we already have. Plus there's much more in development.

Last night one of the team tipped Coblee ftc via our twitter tipbot.. How many coins can say that they have done that..

I don't understand why people skip reading the first post in this thread and then make themself look like complete idiots.
Why they do it?
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:53:45 AM

UFOcoin has an epic bounty for the GPU miner now!

http://ufocoin.co/bounties

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:07:33 PM

Watch 4:30-5:40!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgvN75tzR0I#t=431
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:19:12 PM

Thanks for starting the thread, Chekaz. FTC has been quietly going on about its business and building up. Quite a few will get surprised by it soon.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:39:33 PM

I think the thing that put me off was feathercoin's lack of genesis block, which suggests the whole thing was a balls-up from the start.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:16:26 AM

Not sure if justabit was part of a scam there. It seemed to me he had good intentions but he was too noob to see what was coming.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: