Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.instant-bitcoins.com and PayProCoin - Breaking UK Laws?  (Read 2385 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:27:10 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 02:49:58 PM by raskul

This 'business' professes to be able to integrate their coin 'PayProCoin' into the UK nationwide network of PayPoint - PayPoint is used for many things, including paying utility bills by hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of UK residents.

I asked a simple question on the [ANN] thread;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643028.0

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

please answer my question, how will you get away with breaking the law?
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

https://www.instant-bitcoins.com/refunds.php

you are breaking UK law?

Refund Policy

Refund Policy

All transactions are final. No refunds can be issued.

As a UK registered business, you should know that any purchaser has the legal right within 14 days to cancel any transaction they make on your website, and receive a full refund.

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
- waiting.

by deleting every genuine concern about your coin?

the OP reply was a racist comment;

Im sick of idiots like you SHOUTING YOUR MOUTHS OFF without waiting for an answer to a question.

Go and have a wank or beat up your wife or whatever your Scotish scum do for a living.

You make me sick - your nothing but a TROLL

grow up for fukin idiot

The OP threads have been locked and my post deleted.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

to offer the benefit of the doubt, I have contacted PayPoint to find out more details on their partnership with instant-bitcoins Uk; Company Number: 09047686

raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:06:27 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 03:17:12 PM by raskul

If I receive a positive response from PayPoint, I may well invest in the IPO, however;

If premine is managed transparent and fair, there is def no problem at all.

One of our difference with others coins is the total transparence of the project and the people behind it Smiley

Yes deleting legitimate questions is transparency at it's best.....

and then giving racist abuse by PM.  Roll Eyes

Please file away.

Im sick of idiots like you SHOUTING YOUR MOUTHS OFF without waiting for an answer to a question.

Go and have a wank or beat up your wife or whatever your Scotish scum do for a living.

i'll mine it.  Cheesy

EDIT: I helped to mine the coin, my PAYPRO wallet address is PuHrXTnCF11oVAtiuH9Hjc66QYVfooEaeE

PayProCoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

You were breaking the law by TROLLING.

You asked a question and moments laters spammed my thread without waiting for an answer.

The UK law states that NO REFUNDS apply to certain transactions and this is covered.

As a businessman - i thought you may know this

------------------------------------

If you continue with this thread - I will have no option but to sue you for false accusations and slander.

I know who you are and my legal actions will be swift.

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
CEO

CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:26:03 PM

If this goes through it will be very positive for the UK btc scene, but how you are handling some of these comments is a little concerning for a businessman. 
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM

You were breaking the law by TROLLING.

You asked a question and moments laters spammed my thread without waiting for an answer.

The UK law states that NO REFUNDS apply to certain transactions and this is covered.

As a businessman - i thought you may know this

------------------------------------

If you continue with this thread - I will have no option but to sue you for false accusations and slander.

I know who you are and my legal actions will be swift.

Kind Regards
Darren Palmer
CEO

good luck with that. i've nothing to hide. this thread is not self moderated, and i'm happy to answer your questions.
It is my opinion, and I think; that, you are preparing a money laundering scam

raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

If this goes through it will be very positive for the UK btc scene, but how you are handling some of these comments is a little concerning for a businessman. 

this is exactly my point. I would be greatly happy to see BTC integrated into the PayPoint network.

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:37:36 PM

this is exactly my point. I would be greatly happy to see BTC integrated into the PayPoint network.

Yup it was be so useful to pay bills with BTC.

But going about with talk like that on the biggest BTC thread will effect your business pretty bad.
CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:38:27 PM

Also....

http://www.instant-bitcoin.com/

Doesnt seem to be working either now, so not a great start.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:42:23 PM

Also....

http://www.instant-bitcoin.com/

Doesnt seem to be working either now, so not a great start.

perhaps PayPoint received my questions  Undecided
oh well, another disappointment - not the first, and certainly won't be the last.  Sad

Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:53:42 PM

Its www.instant-bitcoins.com not www.instant-bitcoin.com that's why the website is not working for you.
CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Its www.instant-bitcoins.com not www.instant-bitcoin.com that's why the website is not working for you.

Yep you are correct, I just followed the link on the thread title.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:03:18 PM

Yep you are correct, I just followed the link on the thread title.

my error, I should change that.

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

Now it would be nice if this also worked the other way round, so we can get money back at the shops for paying in BTC.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:17:47 PM

Now it would be nice if this also worked the other way round, so we can get money back at the shops for paying in BTC.

Like a reward system?

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:19:54 PM

Like a reward system?

Nah, poorly worded by me, ment just exchange BTC for fiat.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:08:47 PM

Like a reward system?

Nah, poorly worded by me, ment just exchange BTC for fiat.

PayPoint could easily just buy up a few BTC ATM's and place them in the shops they already have point-of-sale terminals, they don't need a third party like instant-bitcoins to do that, do they? I very much doubt that they would invest the money it would take to transform their already in-situ POS terminals into BTC exchanges... I reckon instant-bitcoins uk would need to fund that, and i'm pretty damn sure, they don't have the £millions it would take, to do so. I could be wrong however.

darrenwgray

Activity: 756
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:18:26 PM

An interesting thread.
I think purely on the attitude of the CEO I won't be using Instant-BitCoins for my next purchase, but I am interested as to which piece of regulation raskul thinks the website is in breach of:

* Coins are not a tangible asset therefore not covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979
* Coins are not a digital download as you are not actually downloading anything and therefore not covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations
* The (old) Distance Selling Regulations (being replaced by the CCRs above from today) do not apply to goods or services where the price is dependent on market fluctuations for value (think stock markets)

The Financial Conduct Authority have long distanced themselves from being a regulator of digital currencies and went as far as de-registering a company who had managed to become registered under the radar.
The HMRC responded to a question about VAT on BitCoin transactions stating that bitcoin currency was to be treated as a single-purpose, face-value voucher.

UK Law does not effectively have any consumer regulation that manages to cover bitcoin, in my opinion
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:25:06 PM

An interesting thread.
I think purely on the attitude of the CEO I won't be using Instant-BitCoins for my next purchase, but I am interested as to which piece of regulation raskul thinks the website is in breach of:

* Coins are not a tangible asset therefore not covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979
* Coins are not a digital download as you are not actually downloading anything and therefore not covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations
* The (old) Distance Selling Regulations (being replaced by the CCRs above from today) do not apply to goods or services where the price is dependent on market fluctuations for value (think stock markets)

The Financial Conduct Authority have long distanced themselves from being a regulator of digital currencies and went as far as de-registering a company who had managed to become registered under the radar.
The HMRC responded to a question about VAT on BitCoin transactions stating that bitcoin currency was to be treated as a single-purpose, face-value voucher.

UK Law does not effectively have any consumer regulation that manages to cover bitcoin, in my opinion

indeed, it was purely a question on my part, thank you for answering it.
So, would this no-refund policy also cover an IPO for shares? As it is indeed, an initial public offering which is taking place with regards the ProPayCoin, they have given each 'share'  a set value and have a set amount for sale. cheers

raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

don't get me wrong, i'm going to mine the coin, but i'm not falling for the 'ATM's in every city across the world' thing.
I like a good old pump and dump, and there is nothing special about this clone coin. 1% premine is an awful big number.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: