Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI coins on the move!  (Read 6835 times)
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

Or it could just be funds were moved to a different wallet...

I'm back, with little bit more alcohol in my blood (won some BTC on football bet so i had to drink).
That is just too simple. It's never THAT simple. It has to involve, masons, al qaeda, FBI, NSA....(what's that god dman russian secret service)...whatever....something like that. And hacking of course.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

https://blockchain.info/tags has now tagged the new address as "DPR Seized Coins 2", with a link to https://bitcoin.org/en/. They only allow such a link if the page contains the address in question. The site doesn't currently show that address, however. Did someone at the Bitcoin Foundation receive these coins, or simply take the opportunity to squat the link by temporarily adding the address to the page? I'm guessing the latter, but it would be incredible if the seized coins did end up in the hands of the Bitcoin Foundation!

As a rule the link on address tags must contain the BTC address on the page. Also as a rule in order to create a "tag" someone with access to the private keys must sign a message allowing the tag to be changed.

There are several exceptions to this rule when blockchian.info will just create a tag on it's own. These tags are very similar to media reporting as the tag would serve some kind of legitimate public interest to know the significance of a particular address.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Well I'm glad someone was keeping tabs on the FBI coins
If they sent them to an exchange that would explain why the price was dropping  Grin
The FBI coins are to blame lol.

And the beggar threads begin
https://blockchain.info/address/1i7cZdoE9NcHSdAL5eGjmTJbBVqeQDwgw

There are several large addresses that have begging spam on them. I have never sent begging spam nor have I sent funds to an address asking for a donation but the public notes are very entertaining to read.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

Stop freaking out and screaming like little girls.

The feds have no intention to crash BTC.

Satoshi did them a favor.

They now know how to track what they couldn't.

Anyone stupid enough not to recognize this is an idiot.

Moving coins around means jack shit.

If they wanted they could have damaged BTC by now.

But they didn't did they? .....

BTC cant be damaged. Its not a physical coin Cheesy

Come out of wonderland and look at reality.
BTC is already in the process of being completely centralized.
You just haven't realized that yet.

Say it to the newbies investing in alt coin. They'll be glad to know BTC is getting centralized and their ALT is the great de-centralized one. Tell me buddy, how in your real world, BTC is centralized ?

p.s. I guess, either you'll come up with Ghash.io excuse or Bitcoin Foundation madness.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:31:21 PM

Stop freaking out and screaming like little girls.

The feds have no intention to crash BTC.

Satoshi did them a favor.

They now know how to track what they couldn't.

Anyone stupid enough not to recognize this is an idiot.

Moving coins around means jack shit.

If they wanted they could have damaged BTC by now.

But they didn't did they? .....

BTC cant be damaged. Its not a physical coin Cheesy

Come out of wonderland and look at reality.
BTC is already in the process of being completely centralized.
You just haven't realized that yet.

Say it to the newbies investing in alt coin. They'll be glad to know BTC is getting centralized and their ALT is the great de-centralized one. Tell me buddy, how in your real world, BTC is centralized ?

p.s. I guess, either you'll come up with Ghash.io excuse or Bitcoin Foundation madness.

BTC generation as Satoshi once called it is now completely controlled.
Double spending occurs NOT JUST on the major pools but on the major players as well.
Follow these addresses:

1AF4og9Epgw7Q7hVzNeDf8ZAvzRhJ8pQG
1H5NvB7W5hGhf3aPACDZPam7vmy3bYuTDa
1MrkKXCaQQ6Pz8E3yk1E3vCvz3KqfU4439
14Tud2jEf4rV3TJssKg7VYuoLh6VgRxXBY
1BX5YoLwvqzvVwSrdD4dC32vbouHQn2tuF
1CvS5MdmmHZinsVirPmsakFo8Pz1pCgp2c
1MimPd6LrPKGftPRHWdfk8S3KYBfN4ELnD
123cqgiQKeKLWjE1vsX9n8spznQikwVLj1
1BwZeHJo7b7M2op7VDfYnsmcpXsUYEcVHm
1H1sq6Msgt9HjRrBuz8ieZdThzWXS6oPVA

and these do not belong to an ASIC manufacturer like KnC for example here: 1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

Notice a familiar warning message on all of these addresses?

Get something clear to your head...
ANYONE with a tiny bit of power will always try and abuse their power.

LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:34:58 PM

Before everyone freaks out (because we know whales will use any news as an excuse to dump and accumulate)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/06/12/silk-road-bitcoin-on-the-move-as-government-prepares-to-auction-off-18-million-worth/

It’s an E-bay style auction for digital coin, taking place over a 12-hour period in two weeks, on June 27 from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Eastern. “Bids will be accepted by email from registered bidders using a form available from the U.S. Marshals Web page,” says the release. “In order to make a bid in this auction, potential bidders must register between the period of June 16 at 9 a.m. through June 23 at noon EDT and make a refundable deposit of $200,000 via wire transfer from a bank account in the United States.”

The new addresses for the Bitcoin are here (29,658 Bitcoin from the Silk Road) and here (144,341 Bitcoin from Ross Ulbricht). Ulbricht, who has plead not guilty, claimed his Bitcoin aren’t subject to civil forfeiture rules.

First of all, just to bid you need to put down a $200k deposit. So for anyone worried the FBI is going to dump cheap Bitcoins on us peasant masses and crash the price, keep dreaming. Second this article confirms they are being moved for consolidation as they will be sold off in blocks of 3,000 BTC at a time.

why would they even dump cheap coins anyways? the higher they sell, the more money they get for their operations.

btw, they will be sold in 3,000 coin blocks.. 9ish total. who can really afford 3,000 coins? i'd guess wall street has that kind of capital. at $600/btc, that's 1.8 million per block.

I wonder if I could get a group buy together for this.

I guess it would have to work something like this:

3,000 people all contribute 1 BTC to the group buy.  The bitcoins from the group buy are used as collateral for a loan (from someone here with a lot of capital?).  The loan is used to bid on a 3,000 BTC block of coins from the government at significantly below market value at the time of the bidding.

If we are out-bid on all attempts, then the loan is paid back (with some bitcoins as interest) and everyone gets most of their bitcoins back (minus their share of the loan interest).

If we win a bid, the bitcoins are sold over time (at bitstamp?) until enough cash is raised to pay off the loan and interest.  Everyone gets their bitcoin contribution back along with a matching share of the leftover bitcoin profits.

The most difficult part will be finding someone with enough capital to make the loan.

I'd definitely be up for/contribute to this! It might be tough to find that many people to put up the 1 Bitcoin entry fee. I may actually know someone who would furnish the loan. One would think that these coins will likely go for well under spot, which could potentially make the investor a nice, quick and easy profit!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:36:12 PM

They're only requiring $67/btc deposit 

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:39:41 PM

My guess is that's 10% and they want $670 a coin.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:40:50 PM

I'd definitely be up for/contribute to this! It might be tough to find that many people to put up the 1 Bitcoin entry fee. I may actually know someone who would furnish the loan. One would think that these coins will likely go for well under spot, which could potentially make the investor a nice, quick and easy profit!

It wouldn't really need to be a 1 BTC entry fee.  Some people could contribute more if they like.  I don't think I'd want to be dealing with 10's of thousands of 0.1 BTC (or smaller!) transactions though.  The profits (or losses) would be distributed among the contributors based on the percentage of the total they contributed.

We'd have to find out what the lender wants as collateral for the loan as well. They might be willing to accept less than 3,000 BTC, but they also might be require more.
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:48:15 PM

Double spending occurs NOT JUST on the major pools but on the major players as well.
Follow these addresses:

and these do not belong to an ASIC manufacturer like KnC for example here: 1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

No, all are not showing warning, but those, marked red are showing...

Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

Gonna create a separate topic regarding this, if I dont get a satisfactory explanation of it in the thread.

CaptEmulation

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:57:15 PM

Follow these addresses:

Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address.

Gonna create a separate topic regarding this, if I dont get a satisfactory explanation of it in the thread.

This happens in the case of a legitimate orphan block.  For example, on p2pool there was an orphaned blocked last month.  Every p2pool payout address now has this tag.  You can see it here on my own personal p2pool payout address:  https://blockchain.info/address/1B3rKJhzZjDBKexr2DCwAzzyczgSjibs1Z.

Never-mind, it looks like enough time has passed that the warning has been removed.

Anyway, in conclusion-- this message can occur during a normal orphaning of a block.

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

I wonder if I could get a group buy together for this...

Danny, this is a fantastic idea.  

Perhaps the creditor could hold one of the multisig keys.  The signers for the multisig account could move 100 BTC chunks into Bitstamp, where they would be sold by the trustee and wired to the creditor's bank account to pay back the loan.  I guess the biggest trust issue would be that the trustee has the USMS transfer the coins to the multisig address and not to their own tropic-island fund.  I wonder how the actual transfer would go down?    

I'm in if you can organize it!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:03:37 PM

Follow these addresses:

This happens in the case of a legitimate orphan block.  For example, on p2pool there was an orphaned blocked last month.  Every p2pool payout address now has this tag.  You can see it here on my own personal p2pool payout address:  https://blockchain.info/address/1B3rKJhzZjDBKexr2DCwAzzyczgSjibs1Z.

Never-mind, it looks like enough time has passed that the warning has been removed.

Anyway, in conclusion-- this message can occur during a normal orphaning of a block.

Would u mind if I ask u whether the transactions on your given address are from some pool ?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:06:07 PM

Perhaps the creditor could hold one of the multisig keys.  The signers for the multisig account could move 100 BTC chunks into Bitstamp, where they would be sold by the trustee and wired to the creditor's bank account to pay back the loan.  I guess the biggest trust issue would be that the trustee has the USMS transfer the coins to the multisig address and not to their own tropic-island fund.  I wonder how the actual transfer would go down?    

If anyone knows anyone with the capital and interest in lending such an amount, have them contact me.

I'll start figuring out how much collateral they'll want in the form of bitcoins.  If we get a few interested lenders, there will be an opportunity for them to reduce their individual risk by each lending only a portion.  There will also be some competition which could help drive down the interest rate and collateral requirements.

I really don't think I'm going to find anyone willing to make the entire loan themselves.  If someone was willing to do that, they'd just buy the bitcoins at auction themselves.  There might be a few people who each individually don't have enough capital to participate in the auction, but who might be willing to fund a portion of the loan.

At this point its mostly just an idea.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pull it together fast enough, but I'll see what happens.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

^ that's kind of a lot of risk to be taking, especially knowing that you are unsure of what the reward is.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:12:02 PM

If anyone knows anyone with the capital and interest in lending such an amount, have them contact me.

I'll start figuring out how much collateral they'll want in the form of bitcoins.  If we get a few interested lenders, there will be an opportunity for them to reduce their individual risk by each lending only a portion.  There will also be some competition which could help drive down the interest rate and collateral requirements.

I really don't think I'm going to find anyone willing to make the entire loan themselves.  If someone was willing to do that, they'd just buy the bitcoins at auction themselves.  There might be a few people who each individually don't have enough capital to participate in the auction, but who might be willing to fund a portion of the loan.

At this point its mostly just an idea.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pull it together fast enough, but I'll see what happens.

I've created a separate self-moderated thread for this discussion so the conversation doesn't have to be broken up by all the other conversations in this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650229.0
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:33:21 PM

How did they get access to the coins?

securing wallets were obviously the first steps of SR, long before it could be infiltrated.

Someone had to be on the inside the whole time, right? These guys wouldnt give private keys to anyone..

Because they are "keeping" his personal stash, which is what they werent given access to..

So who was given access?  I'm pretty sure Silk Road came back, is it the inside guy busting kids left and right or what?

I'm sure people are discussing this somewhere, I'm just a bit curious now that I see they literally took all that coin right before the price peak, right before china ended up with so much btc.  They had quite the money making machine in starting a drug market and busting the independent tech guy that set it up after it became turnkey. WOULDNT SURPRISE ME!
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

How did they get access to the coins?

You arrest someone and tell him he will go xx ammount of years to jail. If he gives you access to wallet he goed xx/2 years to jail (if found guilty ofc).

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:52:37 PM

(Colbert is so funny ;-)
Coindesk put up the news too
http://www.coindesk.com/18-million-worth-of-silk-road-bitcoin-to-be-sold-by-us-government/

I'm interested to see how price is going to be effected for awhile.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
cryptojoe

Activity: 353

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:54:24 PM

Hey does anybody know how 144,000 btc just appeared in my electrum wallet?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: