Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:04:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next week my dad finds out the staging for his melanoma  (Read 684 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

So any kind words or anything would greatly appreciated. And no this isn't a begging post, this is just a post relaying a simple fact.

I would really appreciate kind words because this is the 3rd family member in a months time that has been diagnosed with cancer. It's getting to the point where eating and sleeping is impossible, so please if you could I'd really appreciate it.

What else could I say?
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:18:59 PM

So any kind words or anything would greatly appreciated. And no this isn't a begging post, this is just a post relaying a simple fact.

I would really appreciate kind words because this is the 3rd family member in a months time that has been diagnosed with cancer. It's getting to the point where eating and sleeping is impossible, so please if you could I'd really appreciate it.

Good Luck Bro, I hope that your father will cure, seriously.

Cancer is cursed, but, with a great doctor, your father will feel good ! I feel it !

You have all of my comprehension, come on, don't feel bad !

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

good luck to you and your family.

i think you might be perceiving us as negative because.. you probably operate differently from us. i know i don't like airing out personal issues on a forum, and i don't really look for people to empathize with my pain. i'm not saying i'm right or wrong for being that way, but just that.. that's how i am.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:31:36 PM

i think you might be perceiving us as negative because.. you probably operate differently from us. i know i don't like airing out personal issues on a forum, and i don't really look for people to empathize with my pain. i'm not saying i'm right or wrong for being that way, but just that.. that's how i am.

Yeah a lot of it is probably my fault, I'm an open book when it comes to my life. Nothing I've said here or anywhere else has been falsely stated or an exaggeration. That's the way I operate because I have nothing to hide. I felt like posting this particularly topic because it just seems unimaginable that 3 people in my family right now are dealing with this, and that it happened so quickly in succession to each other. I don't mean to come off as "needy" or whatever, but I just need some help, I can't do all of this alone and I feel alone, even when my mother comes to me to ask for help it feels as if I'm taking all of the responsibility of the world on my shoulders.

If I've crossed words with you I apologize, I'm just under a great amount of stress right now and nothing is helping me relax.

What else could I say?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:11:14 AM

Yeah a lot of it is probably my fault, I'm an open book when it comes to my life. Nothing I've said here or anywhere else has been falsely stated or an exaggeration. That's the way I operate because I have nothing to hide. I felt like posting this particularly topic because it just seems unimaginable that 3 people in my family right now are dealing with this, and that it happened so quickly in succession to each other. I don't mean to come off as "needy" or whatever, but I just need some help, I can't do all of this alone and I feel alone, even when my mother comes to me to ask for help it feels as if I'm taking all of the responsibility of the world on my shoulders.

If I've crossed words with you I apologize, I'm just under a great amount of stress right now and nothing is helping me relax.

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you're going through. If there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:44:11 AM

So he was supposed to go Tuesday to find out about the staging of his melanoma, and on the way into the hospital in his infinite wisdom, he fell. He's supposed to be using a walker when he's out and about and used a cane instead, I forgot to mention somewhere that he also has Parkinson's so he falls more often now then he did before. He was also inflicted with an auto immune disease that took a man that weighed close to 250 to 140 when it was in the worst part.

At any rate, he is learning how to walk and move on his own again, on the way into the hospital to find out what was going on he fell, my mother tried to catch him and my dad fell on her. She ended up having to get hospitalized herself with a compressed injury (?) and is now needing a brace for a while until however that ends up fixing itself happens. So I still don't know much about what's going on with his cancer.

But I thank you all for the kind words, I'm glad I found a community like this to talk to. Even if I don't talk to a lot of people on here being able to vent a little bit helps when it seems like a world of madness is going on around me.

Thank you guys.

What else could I say?
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:35:40 AM

best of luck mate!
I dont know you, but that doesnt matter. hope all is well for your dad.

my sister had a scare the other week. she had to do the thing where they take a bit out to check. it was all good luckily.
no joke a week later my mom had same scare.. same operation.. and again.. all good.. but both need to check back in 3 months.

it sucks  hardcore when this stuff happens.
can't imagine what you are going through but really do hope the best for  you and your family.

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:08:52 AM

Best of luck to you and your father.    Cancer isn't a death sentence as much as it used to be, so it could very well be treatable.  Another way to look at it is be thankful that you still have your father in your life.  I lost my father just over 4 years ago, and I still regret the time I missed spending with him.  I hadn't seen my father for over a year when he died.

Spend as much time with him as you can, and try to not think about the bad stuff.  Just enjoy the time you have with him. 
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:21:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation this is hard. I have recently been looking into skin cancer and feel like i wont be catching sun or sitting at the beach with top off etc ever again.   

From my experience with 1 family member they had skin cancer many many times and lived to be a very old age, but yes it was the cause of death in the end.
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:59:42 PM

best of luck mate!
I dont know you, but that doesnt matter. hope all is well for your dad.

my sister had a scare the other week. she had to do the thing where they take a bit out to check. it was all good luckily.
no joke a week later my mom had same scare.. same operation.. and again.. all good.. but both need to check back in 3 months.

it sucks  hardcore when this stuff happens.
can't imagine what you are going through but really do hope the best for  you and your family.

Thank you, I'm happy to hear that everything turned out ok with your family. More than likely they will have to do the surgery to remove it, and he will have to check back every couple of months but we aren't sure of the staging yet.

Best of luck to you and your father.    Cancer isn't a death sentence as much as it used to be, so it could very well be treatable.  Another way to look at it is be thankful that you still have your father in your life.  I lost my father just over 4 years ago, and I still regret the time I missed spending with him.  I hadn't seen my father for over a year when he died.

Spend as much time with him as you can, and try to not think about the bad stuff.  Just enjoy the time you have with him. 

Yeah, I was reading somewhere the recovery and what not from this is pretty good if you catch it early which I believe they did, although my dad is the type of person well...he's a "man's man" who won't tell you he's sick unless it's really bad. Like if he has a really bad cold he won't do anything about it until it's super bad. But he luckily learned the hard way a couple of years ago when he ended up losing 70 pounds and most of his muscle mass. So he had to learn to take his health a lot more seriously.

Sorry to hear about your situation this is hard. I have recently been looking into skin cancer and feel like i wont be catching sun or sitting at the beach with top off etc ever again.   

From my experience with 1 family member they had skin cancer many many times and lived to be a very old age, but yes it was the cause of death in the end.

Yeah I always wear a hat, and try to wear sunscreen and what not when I'm out in the sun now, it's crazy but I wouldn't have though of those things when I was in my teens or twenties and now I'm all about it.

My dad is 67 (turning 68 this July) he has a family history of cancer that runs pretty deep but hopefully this will just be a one time scare for him and he'll be ok.

Thank you all for the kind words.

What else could I say?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: