Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer multi gpu question  (Read 428 times)
sflen (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:27:13 PM

Hey all, long time lurker. I've been mining successfully for some time now with "multi GPU' setup but recently changed my config which has caused some issues.

Originally, I was mining on a 7950 but used Intel graphics for my display (so I can mine full time on the card). I had to plug in a dummy display into the 7950 so it would actually mine, but I used the Intel graphics to...display. This is what my cgminer looked like to get it to work:

--scrypt --thread-concurrency 21712 -w 256 -I 20 -g 1 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-platform 1 -d 0

What changed is that I had to get rid of my dummy monitor. As expected, not having anything plugged into my 7950 causes the mining to stop.

Now my main display has 2 DVI ports, and so I thought plugging a second cable from the monitor to the 7950 would work. Sure enough, my graphics properties look fine, the GPU is active. However, I'm unable to actually start mining. I've tweaked the settings, and it's possible I've been doing it wrong, but no luck.

The only way so far I've been able to start mining is disconnecting the Intel graphics display and start mining when only the 7950 is plugged in. I can switch the display then, but regardless the UI is still laggy, so it's not really usable.

Is it possible to rig this up in such a way that I can mine? Where am I screwing up?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: