Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 1488 times)
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:47:36 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 06:06:28 AM by acs267

Ok, everything was answered well...

One more question: Will you mine only Bitcoin or will you mine other alts that may have a higher profitability rate than bitcoin?

good question. i think that would be a question all investors would have to vote on.
But won't this effect the hardware that is purchased? I think it has to be decided before anything is purchased.

we have now decided to use the rig fot Bitcoins only.

I don't think you know much about mining, then. If you think you could earn a lot from Bitcoin mining now, you're mistaken. Designing a Alt-Coin rig is a lesser cost, and you get more for a profit in a shorter time-span.

Thanks for giving me a reason for wanting to work with you, Ranger.

And not to mention, shouldn't you let the Investors decide instead, since they're buying it? But then again, you have that 1337 mining logic, sooooo...

ACS with 4 terrahertz you can mine bitcoins and make back money in 70 days no?Huh??   I get miners for 1500 and can make money back in 60 days.  the whole point of selling miners is for them to profit on at least two months of mining.

Nope. That's most likely a ASIC. That's like comparing a USB erupter to a rig. A GPU still might get 4 TH/s, but it's not as powerful as a ASIC, still. And the risk is lower with a ASIC, since you can achieve roughly 4 TH/s faster than with a GPU. They're also a lesser cost, then having to build a rig with twenty GPUs.

And even if they buy that many GPUs, they would still need to break the money up amongst the investors. But the power cost would be tremendous, almost ridiculous on the makers of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:48:24 AM

ok I have a question for you , you a miner right?   

so you saying the brand name Asic which gets there chips from china will over power this rig?

Here are the specs

Chip

40pcs of Coincraft A1 28nm chip

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
acs267

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:01:35 PM

ok I have a question for you , you a miner right?   

so you saying the brand name Asic which gets there chips from china will over power this rig?

Here are the specs

Chip

40pcs of Coincraft A1 28nm chip

Zolace, Zolace, Zolace. I don't know exactly why I defend my opinions like dying babies, or if it's worse I rolled out of bed to answer this, or actually felt the need to.

I'm just going to imagine you found those specs somewhere hidden on this mystical page.

"25 GH/s in nominal and up to 40 GH/s" 40 X 25 = 1,000 GH/s. That's all fine and dandy. But guess what? That's one TH/s. 40 x 40 = 1,600.

Anyway:

Ops. Can't get a good approximation, since the only info we got was that they live in Sweden. Google'd it, and going to pass this off as Google being a jackass, and not wanting to work. Or me just being a idiot. People having forty of those badasses reported 860-900 watts, if I'm correct. Dumped this into Coinwarz, along with other stuff. Said about $559.34 USD. I don't even think that's possible, but, I did get it off of Google so don't hold me to it.

But oh no, please read that header. "Coincraft A1 28nm ASIC"

You're trying to say a ASIC chip is more powerful than another ASIC chip? Okay, yes, fine. That is. However, that's irrelevant to what they're going to use. I was clearly not bringing up a Chip, but woop-de-doo. A GPU. Which heavily points to what they're going to use, because, jeez, they want to build a rig but don't know how to buy/what to use.
acs267

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:06:02 PM

Ok, everything was answered well...

One more question: Will you mine only Bitcoin or will you mine other alts that may have a higher profitability rate than bitcoin?

good question. i think that would be a question all investors would have to vote on.
But won't this effect the hardware that is purchased? I think it has to be decided before anything is purchased.

we have now decided to use the rig fot Bitcoins only.

I don't think you know much about mining, then. If you think you could earn a lot from Bitcoin mining now, you're mistaken. Designing a Alt-Coin rig is a lesser cost, and you get more for a profit in a shorter time-span.

Thanks for giving me a reason for wanting to work with you, Ranger.

And not to mention, shouldn't you let the Investors decide instead, since they're buying it? But then again, you have that 1337 mining logic, sooooo...

i didn't make that choise on my own. i asked the investors we have at the moment.

Who are these mystical investors, that have no idea what they're investing in? I hate to question the intelligence of another human being, but what the fuck dude? They want to spend more money and get less money. But then again, they're MYSTICAL.

since they do not have to pay for any bills then can't lose more then they invest. only earn,

I don't think you realize what a investment is. And, most people invest to get money back fast. Not for someone to throw together 20 GPUs that could only earn them a few cents a day.

You're sort of clueless, you and your mystical investors, and your friends.

we are not going to throw '20' GPUs together,,, the investments will go to buy various ASIC with atleast 1TH/S

I really hope you're joking, because I swear, this is going to be the last time I get up:

You literally said in the first post/topic:

Hello! me and my 2 brothers and a friend are going to invest some money into building a big Mining rig and we're looking for more fellow investors.

So instead of building a rig, my God, you're going to do what anybody could do: Buy a ASIC and slap it together. Somebody would be far better off just buying a rig, but heavens god, if CEX.IO could fool people, you can too.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:01:54 PM

Wait wait wait
So you're buying a 1TH/s miner at $2,000 American.

Profitability calculator says you can pay it off (Maybe), with $0 spent anywhere on electricity, you can pay it off in about two and a half years.

At 0.06/kWh, it'll take over a year to get an ROI. And then your profitability starts decreasing.

So are you really pushing for this still?
acs267

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

Wait wait wait

Profitability calculator says you can pay it off (Maybe), with $0 spent anywhere on electricity, you can pay it off in about two and a half years.

At 0.06/kWh, it'll take over a year to get an ROI. And then your profitability starts decreasing.

yes i am. i have my belives the BTC will rise in value.

You're kidding me. Whatever, all of the red flags and errors aside. Not even going to comment on that. What's your business plan?
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

Oh my fault ACS I should have read the thread much more better, Can I talk with you privatley you seem to know alot more then I do and can use advise. 

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:34:20 PM

Wait wait wait

You're kidding me. Whatever, all of the red flags and errors aside. Not even going to comment on that. What's your business plan?
Agreed. This is nuts.

So, how will you convince investors? I really think you're super optimistic in this scenario. You make about 3BTC (at best) per year, but on year 2, at .1% mining profitability loss, you start losing BTC.

And people will invest in this why? Apparently you want to hold until BTC increases in value, so you can pay off your equipment. When will the investors get their part of it? You're holding about 4BTC(At $598) in wait to have it go up?

Do you know how long it takes for something to change dramatically? The rise to $1200 was because of bots with millions of dollars behind them.

Due to it being about $2400 per Terrahash, and you wanna get 7-15 (7 for this calculation), you will need $16,800. If each investor gives you $300, you need 56 investors to get all the funds. Each investor will expect a large part of the coins mined, and you will HAVE to take off large fees to make enough to pay it off within 5 YEARS. People don't invest to carry you and have them pay for your stuff. They want their money. You taking all the mined coins and holding till they increase will make people unhappy very quickly, regardless how much you say it will go up in value.

It's also about 8 investors to a single miner. 1 BTC every third of a year means 0.125BTC per investor every 4 months. If you take the 0.005 off as fees, you get 0.04 BTC every 4 months, or the equivalent of $22.80 USD. This turns into $68.40/year in fees you can maybe take.

So what IS your plan?
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

Wait wait wait

Agreed. This is nuts.

So, how will you convince investors? I really think you're super optimistic in this scenario. You make about 3BTC (at best) per year, but on year 2, at .1% mining profitability loss, you start losing BTC.

And people will invest in this why? Apparently you want to hold until BTC increases in value, so you can pay off your equipment. When will the investors get their part of it? You're holding about 4BTC(At $598) in wait to have it go up?

Do you know how long it takes for something to change dramatically? The rise to $1200 was because of bots with millions of dollars behind them.

Due to it being about $2400 per Terrahash, and you wanna get 7-15 (7 for this calculation), you will need $16,800. If each investor gives you $300, you need 56 investors to get all the funds. Each investor will expect a large part of the coins mined, and you will HAVE to take off large fees to make enough to pay it off within 5 YEARS. People don't invest to carry you and have them pay for your stuff. They want their money. You taking all the mined coins and holding till they increase will make people unhappy very quickly, regardless how much you say it will go up in value.

It's also about 8 investors to a single miner. 1 BTC every third of a year means 0.125BTC per investor every 4 months. If you take the 0.005 off as fees, you get 0.04 BTC every 4 months, or the equivalent of $22.80 USD. This turns into $68.40/year in fees you can maybe take.

So what IS your plan?

His plan is simple: he is hopping that him, his two broders and a friend find some more brothers and some more friends.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

I recommend altcoin mining or cloud mining. Bitcoin mining in your case won't be profitable, as you have:
-small budget
-no suitable location
-no previous experience in hosting

acs267

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

Wait wait wait

Agreed. This is nuts.

So what IS your plan?

First of all i will not hold the BTC until they go up, every month we'll send of a share of BTC to all investors, and people aren't suppose to ''pay'' fpr our stuff, all investments can be sent back whenever they would like it back

Why would someone prefer you over PB, then? At PB, they get Bitcoins back every Sunday I think. And how can you send back a investment if they're paying for the rigs you're making? Do you even know how to make a rig? So you don't have a plan...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: