Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:49:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with Blockchain SharedCoin  (Read 700 times)
jthom342 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:04:46 AM

I attempted to use Blockchain SharedCoin around a week ago. I do not know if others have experienced this, but the program brought up a dialog box that was in progress for over 2 hours. Eventually, my internet correction was interrupted and so was SharedCoin. When I logged back on, I found that my coins were gone, but they had not arrived at my destination.

I assumed that they had been caught at one of the intermediate addresses since I was doing 5 repetitions. Blockchain has a feature that allows you to recover these coins, however, the feature froze and quit every time I attempted to use it.
After initiating a customer service request with Blockchain, they informed me that the address where the coins landed is associated with a phishing attack that is stealing a lot of coins from people. They indicated that the attack works through a false link by way of email. It is hard for me to believe that this happened, as I have no email with the account and was using it on a secure computer.

Has anybody else ever dealt with similar issues? Blockchain says I have no way recourse to get my coins back, but I am still at a loss for what happened. Any help is appreciated.

The address where the coins ended up is: 1EJcTLZNfy9HALtgovGuUJbLi1ERmoo6uZ
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:15:11 AM

How do you know where the coins ended up? Shared Sent TX have at least 10+ inputs and outputs for each layer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: