Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news from China causing panic sell again?  (Read 2410 times)
Armando (OP)

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:22:39 AM

Found an interesting post on one blog:

As Caixin, media group providing financial and business news, reports, The People’s Bank of China issued a document on further consecutive prevention of risks associated with Bitcoin.
Chinese authorities’ regulation of Bitcoin has been strengthened on 3d of December, 2013, when The People’s Bank of China and five associated ministries issued “Prevention of Risks Associated with Bitcoin”.
It was required that financial and payment institutions hadn’t to use Bitcoin pricing for products or services, hadn’t to buy or sell Bitcoins, hadn’t to act as a central counterparty in Bitcoin trading, hadn’t to offer insurance products associated with Bitcoin, hadn’t to provide direct or indirect Bitcoin-related services to customers, including: registering, trading, settling, clearing or other services; accepting Bitcoin or use of Bitcoin as a clearing tool; trading Bitcoin with CNY or foreign currencies; storing, issuing Bitcoin-related financial products; and using Bitcoin as a means of investment for trusts and funds.
In March The People’s Bank of China issued “Circular on Further Strengthening Bitcoin risk prevention work”, the document required banks and third-party payment agencies to close all trading accounts within the territory of more than a dozen Bitcoin platform.
In mid-May there were already 13 banks (including five state-owned commercial banks and joint-stock commercial banks mostly) and partial payment institutions announced that hadn’t longer bitcoin trading accounts.
Currently 15 bitcoin exchanges of China were reviewed to exclude the possibility of access to the network. Among them such large-volume exchanges as BTC China and OKCoin. As soon as this news came, rumors of the possible closure of all Chinese Bitcoin exchanges spreaded immediately, and Bitcoin prices fell more than 10%. Likely with the beginning of a new day this tendency will increase.

Original post in english found here: http://ecurrency.ec/2014/06/%D1%80%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-15-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%85-bitcoin-%D0%B1%D0%B8/

That blog also has a link to original post from Chinese website. Seems legit to me, but the strange thing is that CoinDesc and other major blogs know nothing about it.

I bet here are many traders from China, what's happening there? Any proof or rebuttal from CEOs of local exchanges maybe?
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:24:55 AM

As Caixin, media group providing financial and business news, reports, The People’s Bank of China issued a document on further consecutive prevention of risks associated with Bitcoin.
Chinese authorities’ regulation of Bitcoin has been strengthened on 3d of December, 2013, when The People’s Bank of China and five associated ministries issued “Prevention of Risks Associated with Bitcoin”.
It was required that financial and payment institutions hadn’t to use Bitcoin pricing for products or services, hadn’t to buy or sell Bitcoins, hadn’t to act as a central counterparty in Bitcoin trading, hadn’t to offer insurance products associated with Bitcoin, hadn’t to provide direct or indirect Bitcoin-related services to customers, including: registering, trading, settling, clearing or other services; accepting Bitcoin or use of Bitcoin as a clearing tool; trading Bitcoin with CNY or foreign currencies; storing, issuing Bitcoin-related financial products; and using Bitcoin as a means of investment for trusts and funds.
In March The People’s Bank of China issued “Circular on Further Strengthening Bitcoin risk prevention work”, the document required banks and third-party payment agencies to close all trading accounts within the territory of more than a dozen Bitcoin platform.
In mid-May there were already 13 banks (including five state-owned commercial banks and joint-stock commercial banks mostly) and partial payment institutions announced that hadn’t longer bitcoin trading accounts.
Currently 15 bitcoin exchanges of China were reviewed to exclude the possibility of access to the network. Among them such large-volume exchanges as BTC China and OKCoin. As soon as this news came, rumors of the possible closure of all Chinese Bitcoin exchanges spreaded immediately, and Bitcoin prices fell more than 10%. Likely with the beginning of a new day this tendency will increase.

Original post in english found here: http://ecurrency.ec/2014/06/%D1%80%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-15-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D1%85-bitcoin-%D0%B1%D0%B8/

That blog also has a link to original post from Chinese website. Seems legit to me, but the strange thing is that CoinDesc and other major blogs know nothing about it.

I bet here are many traders from China, what's happening there? Any proof or rebuttal from CEOs of local exchanges maybe?

Where have you been? Price falling is because FBI will sell Silk Road btc by the end of June.
Armando (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:14:38 AM

Where have you been? Price falling is because FBI will sell Silk Road btc by the end of June.

I am not sure that FBI clearance sale can seriously affect the price.

I believe people who will buy big amounts of coins close to market price (as I can remember, this is going to be an open auction) will not dump it right after purchase. Why they will want to loose money? Also, there are not so many exchangers with enough liquidity and reliability to handle many big sales orders at once. Withdrawing huge amounts is also not so easy, you should have nice relationships with bank in loyal jurisdiction, that also "likes" bitcoins.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't imagine who will spend five or six figures amounts for bitcoins and sell them with loss right after that, just to lower the price?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:20:24 AM

CNY "crash" is lagging behind USD "crash." I'm pretty sure the Chinese have better and faster access to news affecting them. Therefor, not China. (or it's Westerners over-reacting again, which is always possible, but this is the first I've seen of this news)
stamp dropped 630 to 550 (lost 13%)
BTC-e dropped from 632 to 560 (lost 12%)
bfx dropped 644 to 575 (lost 11%)
okcoin dropped 4.022 to 3.700 (lost 8%)
huobi dropped 4.023 to 3.700 (lost 8%)
btchina dropped 4.026 to 3.700 (lost 8%)
(Numbers calculated from past 24 hour max and min as reported on bitcoinity)
(if you look at charts, you'll see China didn't drop first, either)
Armando (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:27:56 AM

CNY "crash" is lagging behind USD "crash." I'm pretty sure the Chinese have better and faster access to news affecting them. Therefor, not China. (or it's Westerners over-reacting again, which is always possible, but this is the first I've seen of this news)

Can't disagree, so it really more likely that we have panic sell caused by "FBI sell" news. Damn panic sellers =)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:30:09 AM

Can't disagree, so it really more likely that we have panic sell caused by "FBI sell" news. Damn panic sellers =)
There's another theory floating around suggesting the price crash is intentional by True BelieBTCers to force the FBI to receive less money for the coins. I'm not sure if the theory's serious or not -- Kashmir floated it in her Forbes article on the DPR coins.
Armando (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:15:01 AM

There's another theory floating around suggesting the price crash is intentional by True BelieBTCers to force the FBI to receive less money for the coins. I'm not sure if the theory's serious or not -- Kashmir floated it in her Forbes article on the DPR coins.

This is realy crazy if true =) Whoever is doing this - you can just send me your bitcoins instead of burning it to lower the price, I promise to keep it away from FBI  Grin
Glizlack

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:18:18 AM

I also think it's due to the FBI sale. China news affects the market very little lately. I think we could have more dramatic drops before the 27th

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BTCfan1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:18:00 AM

this is also happening:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Central_(2014)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:13:01 PM

|
v  this
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:32:39 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 01:55:37 PM by Torque

It was pretty clear yesterday that the elite FUDsters decided to coordinate their media FUD campaign in 5 different areas simultaneously:

U.S.-based FUD:  The Forbes article of the FBI auction of Silk Road coins, spread fear of coins getting dumped on the exchanges

Bitcoin-based FUD:  Spread renewed fears of a 51% attack by GHash.IO

China-based FUD:  The Caixin bitcoin article re-asserting China bank ban fears

Stamp-based FUD:  Spread rumors of lagging transactions and widening price spread (possible problems with Stamp?), rumors of whales moving away from Stamp to other exchanges

Bitfinex-based FUD:  Spread fears of over-leveraged longs being squeezed

Don't you guys see what's really happening?  There's just no way all of these things would naturally come out simultaneously on the exact same day.  The only way is if it is a coordinated FUD campaign designed by the troll whale traders (who have multiple accounts on different exchanges).  They needed FUD to happen on all the major exchanges simultaneously to have the greatest impact on the panic selling.  And it worked beautifully.  The pigs and sheep got confused by all the possible reasons, thought they were legit, and said "I'm not sure what, but something bad's happening! F it! It's going down, I gotta SELL!!"

People need to wake the F up and realize just how much they are being played.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

No one cares about China any more.. it was the FED news..
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:18:36 PM

agreed. lolz.. thanks to those scrub nubs that sold their cheap coins.. i manage to scoop a few =) hahaha buy 650 sell <600 thanks GUYS!!
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:18:51 PM

No one outside of China cares about China any more.. it was the FED news..
FTFY
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:22:22 PM

Not china news for sure, huobi price is highest now.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

Nono, is not the bad news from China.

Sell again is caused by the news of U.S. Government which wants to sell 30.000 BTC with an auction !

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:51:13 AM

Nope, the China dragon is silent....for now, until the 6th or 7th China ban begins.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:09:05 AM

I've just added China to my ignore list Smiley
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:54:33 AM

It was pretty clear yesterday that the elite FUDsters decided to coordinate their media FUD campaign in 5 different areas simultaneously:

U.S.-based FUD:  The Forbes article of the FBI auction of Silk Road coins, spread fear of coins getting dumped on the exchanges

Bitcoin-based FUD:  Spread renewed fears of a 51% attack by GHash.IO

China-based FUD:  The Caixin bitcoin article re-asserting China bank ban fears

Stamp-based FUD:  Spread rumors of lagging transactions and widening price spread (possible problems with Stamp?), rumors of whales moving away from Stamp to other exchanges

Bitfinex-based FUD:  Spread fears of over-leveraged longs being squeezed

Don't you guys see what's really happening?  There's just no way all of these things would naturally come out simultaneously on the exact same day.  The only way is if it is a coordinated FUD campaign designed by the troll whale traders (who have multiple accounts on different exchanges).  They needed FUD to happen on all the major exchanges simultaneously to have the greatest impact on the panic selling.  And it worked beautifully.  The pigs and sheep got confused by all the possible reasons, thought they were legit, and said "I'm not sure what, but something bad's happening! F it! It's going down, I gotta SELL!!"

People need to wake the F up and realize just how much they are being played.

When the market is moved by the FUD, what are you going to do? Try to fight the market? Even if you are a whale, you will lose.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:37:45 AM

When the market is moved by the FUD, what are you going to do? Try to fight the market? Even if you are a whale, you will lose.

The market wouldn't be so sensitive to 'FUD', if it were not already wildly over extended and speculative.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: