Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silkroad seized bitcoins to impact price?  (Read 4313 times)
ZiG

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:37:47 PM

I'm enough worried about price of Bitcoin because the news that U.S. Government  wants to sell 30.000 BTC yesterday evening had drop the price of 60$ !

So, only time will give us the answer !

There is only 1 winner on the auction. He paid over 700 usd per coin, well above market rate.

Long term investor...BUY & HOLD... Wink
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:43:36 PM

Looks like all of the 30k BTC was scooped up by one buyer.   They did not disclose the buyer.   I think there is a good chance that it was the US gov't itself that purchased the coins.   There is literally no accountability at the highest level, so it is very feasible that if in fact it was the US gov't that bought the coins, that they did not even have the highest bid...  I find it hard to believe that Second Market was outbid on every block
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:45:53 PM

We know who bought the coins check the press section lol

CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:07:01 PM

There is only 1 winner on the auction. He paid over 700 usd per coin, well above market rate.

How do you know he paid over 700?  I haven't been able to find that info.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:31:51 AM

I'm enough worried about price of Bitcoin because the news that U.S. Government  wants to sell 30.000 BTC yesterday evening had drop the price of 60$ !

Do you have a source on the price? The media reports that I have read have said that he declined to comment on the price.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:32:38 PM

I'm enough worried about price of Bitcoin because the news that U.S. Government  wants to sell 30.000 BTC yesterday evening had drop the price of 60$ !

Do you have a source on the price? The media reports that I have read have said that he declined to comment on the price.

Who are we talking about anyway? Or is the identity kept secret?
SelbyTsang

Activity: 577
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

I'm enough worried about price of Bitcoin because the news that U.S. Government  wants to sell 30.000 BTC yesterday evening had drop the price of 60$ !

You may want to read the following 2 coindesk articless.
http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-revealed-silk-road-bitcoin-auction-winner/
http://www.coindesk.com/silk-road-auction-winner-tim-draper-world-embrace-bitcoin/

The winner is Tim Draper, but I don't see him talking about the price. Smiley

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:18:36 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/silk-road-auction-winner-tim-draper-world-embrace-bitcoin/

He is not going to release the price. He is also going to do very good things with the bitcoin he purchased.
InwardContour

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:50:55 AM

I am very excited about this! Tim is going to try to expand the acceptance of bitcoin to places where it is not widely used today (even less widely used then the much of the world)
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:36:10 AM

He is not going to release the price. He is also going to do very good things with the bitcoin he purchased.

I don't see the reason behind all this secrecy.
InwardContour

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

I don't see the reason behind all this secrecy.
He likely wants to release as little information about his finances as he can. If people know that he has a certain level of assets then he will be open to more attacks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: