Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitoring headless Mining PCs  (Read 2241 times)
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 05:13:01 PM

I am sure many have built several dedicated mining rigs without monitors attached.
How do you guys monitor the PCs to make sure the mining program is still running and not hanged?
I know I can use VNC to remotely login into the PC and check on it, but that requires me login into individual PCs.
I am in need of a way to monitor all mining clients all at once, whats the best way to do it?

Thanks, and happy mining!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 05:20:51 PM

How do you guys monitor the PCs to make sure the mining program is still running and not hanged?
Interesting. Both hung and hanged could work in this sentence, with the latter as more of a metaphor.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 05:21:32 PM

I am sure many have built several dedicated mining rigs without monitors attached.
I know I can use VNC to remotely login into the PC and check on it, but that requires me login into individual PCs.
I am in need of a way to monitor all mining clients all at once, whats the best way to do it?
What parameters do you want to monitor ? Hashing speeds, temps or what else ?

You can see how the mining program is running by looking at your personal page on the pool's site.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 05:45:52 PM

What parameters do you want to monitor ? Hashing speeds, temps or what else ?

You can see how the mining program is running by looking at your personal page on the pool's site.
I just want to know if the mining program is still running, and hash speed if possible.

On the pool's site, in the case of deepbit.net, I would be looking at the "Shares" column?
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 06:01:49 PM

I just want to know if the mining program is still running, and hash speed if possible.
On the pool's site, in the case of deepbit.net, I would be looking at the "Shares" column?
Yes. Also you can set timeout threshold and worker name will turn red if no share is received within that time.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 06:24:43 PM

I cant wait for Tycho to implement notification for when a miner is down. I just check his site on my iPhone once an hour now but itll be nice to be able to chill by the pool without having to check.
[Tycho]

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2011, 06:32:25 PM

I cant wait for Tycho to implement notification for when a miner is down. I just check his site on my iPhone once an hour now but itll be nice to be able to chill by the pool without having to check.
Thanks for this reminder :)

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 06:42:39 PM

If you're using Linux clients, run all the miners in a Screen session, then you can ssh in and reattatch the screen to check on their status.
ghost

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 06:45:53 PM

Tmux is a more modern alternative to screen that might be worth checking out.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 06:50:29 PM

Munin is good for this kind of stuff - you could monitor every rig from the comfort of your browser. Cdecker wrote a Munin plugin for monitoring Slush's pool, which would be fairly easy to adapt for other pools.  I've got Munin plugins for fan speeds and GPU temperatures, I've even got a plugin for MtGox prices :-) Munin is very easy to write plugins for.

You don't say what OS or OSs you need this for, but Munin runs on pretty much everything.

This space intentionally left blank.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 07:03:23 PM

well, i am running Windows.
bitjet

Activity: 696

View Profile
April 25, 2011, 10:08:24 PM

well, i am running Windows.

I use teamviewer. It works pretty good, its like your at the pc. You can even log into your computer with an android phone. Its all free too.
My pc in my basement has no mon/k/m at all.
Just one thing, dont attempt to disable the network connection and think your going to cycle it manually while remotly logged in Smiley I just did that. hah..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: