Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:52:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ==== Eligius, please pay my 200+ BTC ====  (Read 12592 times)
Brucexie (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:50:18 PM

I'm innocent until proven guilty in your country.
Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

So would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?

We have some issue with our mining infrastructure, which caused BTCGuild froze our account on the beginning of May.
After a fast fix and a test on various pool include Eligius, we saw block solved (totally 5) on Eligius block page and think that the issue was resolved, then we switch back to BTCguild under its administrator's checking on the log of our share we mine after this incident.
But we found that Eligius refused to pay for shares of our test.
In a internal review of this issue, we think that eligius may know this issue and build a plot aimed to this issue.
Then, the left is all known by all here.

Can I ask what miners do you use?
By which manufacturer(s) and at what hashing power?
 - specifically for each miner you have from each manufacturer if more than one.

we use modified cgminer.
hashing power is manufacturer by ourselves, including chips.
Now our hash power is distributed among several public pool expect of eligius, and the miner's lucky value matches pool's.

So the one that is really behind this is a Chinese ASIC manufacturer, that "test's" their hardware before they start selling it, just to make sure they work.
I am right?

We don't sell them.
It is still working under my name when I typing these word.

OK, you got me confused here.
You said that the addresses are yours, then you said they belong to someone else, now you say they work for you.

So what is it?

Where I said it belongs to someone else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HypnoticGuy

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:51:16 PM

bruCEXie

Thank you for adding more interesting information.

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

However, not one time that I have seen have you stated that you are innocent.

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  

Luckily, I have no need to prove that I'm innocent both under my government and bitcoin way, since it is a by-default. If someone wants to announce that I'm guilty, Hi must prove.
I just want someone to get my money back according to his public visible account page.
I don't like to announce something which I cannot prove, this is not a bitcoin way.

You still have not answered my one question. How are the conditions in the jails in your country?

In our country, bitcoin or hash power was treated as stuff with no value.

You still have not answered my one question. How are the conditions in the jails in your country?

Not good.

And how often do people in your country go to jail just because the get attention from the police, or the government authorities due to some negative incident, even though technically there is no proof they did anything wrong?
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:55:46 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Brucexie, you spend a lot of time stating that what you are accused of cannot be proven, so clearly you know, and understand a lot about the issue.  

When accused of a crime most people would start by saying they didn't do it.  It is the guilty who will start by claiming it can't be proven that they did it.

If there is evidence of your actions, and your government is notified, I wonder what actions, if any, they will take against you.  Are you innocent until proven guilty in your country?  How are the conditions at the jails in your country?  

Not good.

And how often do people in your country go to jail just because the get attention from the police, or the government authorities due to some negative incident, even though technically there is no proof they did anything wrong?

I don't know. But I do know their government REALLY hates bitcoin  Cheesy

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:56:44 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Not good.

And how often do people in your country go to jail just because the get attention from the police, or the government authorities due to some negative incident, even though technically they did nothing wrong?

Rare.
if "they did nothing wrong", it is not a criminal felony, and they cannot be jailed.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Not good.

Yours welcome bitcoin?
HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:00:12 PM

bruCEXie

my pleasure.

Not good.

Yeah.  I was just kind of wondering how much trouble it could cause if hundreds of people internationally started contacting his government demanding action to investigate his bitcoin involvement and possible unethical activities.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:02:29 PM

Yeah.  I was just kind of wondering how much trouble it could cause if hundreds of people internationally started contacting his government demanding action to investigate his bitcoin involvement and possible unethical activities.

In that case you will be put in jail instantly.
Smart lawyer works everytime.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

So would you mind to explain what happend at BTCGuild?

We have some issue with our mining infrastructure, which caused BTCGuild froze our account on the beginning of May.
After a fast fix and a test on various pool include Eligius, we saw block solved (totally 5) on Eligius block page and think that the issue was resolved, then we switch back to BTCguild under its administrator's checking on the log of our share we mine after this incident.
But we found that Eligius refused to pay for shares of our test.
In a internal review of this issue, we think that eligius may know this issue and build a plot aimed to this issue.
Then, the left is all known by all here.

Can I ask what miners do you use?
By which manufacturer(s) and at what hashing power?
 - specifically for each miner you have from each manufacturer if more than one.

we use modified cgminer.
hashing power is manufacturer by ourselves, including chips.
Now our hash power is distributed among several public pool expect of eligius, and the miner's lucky value matches pool's.

So the one that is really behind this is a Chinese ASIC manufacturer, that "test's" their hardware before they start selling it, just to make sure they work.
I am right?

We don't sell them.
It is still working under my name when I typing these word.

OK, you got me confused here.
You said that the addresses are yours, then you said they belong to someone else, now you say they work for you.

So what is it?

Where I said it belongs to someone else?

Here:

I am the owner of 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc , 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.

Can you provide us with cryptographic proof of ownership?

No need, because whatever the end of this story is like, The speaking user "Brucexie" on bitcointalk cannot directly get even a cent from it.

17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u will take all.

You can treat me as a volunteer if you don't believe.
grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

I'm the owner of 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.

Can you provide cryptographic proof of this, please?

Yes, but just after you tell me why it is necessary.
The basic crypt knowledge tells me do not sign until it is necessary, i don't know why but I obey.

Because your refusal to answer most questions weakens your argument.  And producing a message signed by one or both of the addresses in question costs you nothing, and reveals nothing.  It would simply prove that you do in fact have standing to speak as (or on behalf of) the owner of those addresses.

For all we know, you could be just be a troll with no relation at all to this issue, other than you saw an opportunity to mess with us.  (And if so....  :slow clap:  Well played. :slow clap:)

grnbrg.
capa

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:08:14 PM

According to: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/blocks.php

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u

found two blocks and is owed 103 BTC.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc

found five blocks and is owed 122 BTC.

These stats do not seem out of the ordinary.

Maybe wizkid can enlighten us as to how he has deduced that these addresses below to the block withholder.

To be clear, I'm not on anyone's side here and have suffered a 50 BTC loss from eligius' bad luck. I'd just like to know all of the facts and how wizkid came to his conclusions.

5 of the 7 blocks you mentioned were discovered after the potential scam or custom mining software mistake was discovered and the miner notified (May 3rd). It might have been that he fixed or change the mining software or that he stop the scam once he was discovered. The problem is with all the time he spent mining before that time without submitting any shares that were found.

BTC TO

Every eligius block is tagged with "Eligius" ..
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:08:33 PM

Here:

I am the owner of 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc , 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.

Can you provide us with cryptographic proof of ownership?

No need, because whatever the end of this story is like, The speaking user "Brucexie" on bitcointalk cannot directly get even a cent from it.

17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u will take all.

You can treat me as a volunteer if you don't believe.

I explained why I don't want to make such proof in this post.
If you want's to buy something from me, and wants to pay to these address, I can help sign a message.

HypnoticGuy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:09:57 PM

My hunch is your government is just looking for reasons to shut down larger bitcoin mining operations.  I could be wrong though.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:16:25 PM

I'm the owner of 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.

The basic crypt knowledge tells me do not sign until it is necessary, i don't know why but I obey.

Because your refusal to answer most questions weakens your argument.  And producing a message signed by one or both of the addresses in question costs you nothing, and reveals nothing.  It would simply prove that you do in fact have standing to speak as (or on behalf of) the owner of those addresses.

For all we know, you could be just be a troll with no relation at all to this issue, other than you saw an opportunity to mess with us.  (And if so....  :slow clap:  Well played. :slow clap:)

grnbrg.

Anyone, who claim that he has enough authority to investigate into this thing, and think that refusal to give this signature is a block issue of such investigation, can PM/reply to me, and I give signature to him instantly.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:19:03 PM

My hunch is your government is just looking for reasons to shut down larger bitcoin mining operations.  I could be wrong though.

My government loves people who buy its electricity very much, especially who product no pollution.
bitcoin mining industry is one of them.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Because other than the obvious evidence you've spent the last hour or so claiming to be the owner and refreshing BTCTalk constantly to reply to various comments about what you should or should not do or should or should not have done, we have absolutely no reason to believe you are the true and rightful owner of the mined coins, or representing the owner of the mined coins.

Even ignoring the Eligius and BTCGuild accusations, for all we know, you are some random person wanting to troll us into thinking you have a claim on the lost coins. We have no reason to believe you have a right to speak for the owner of those two addresses. And frankly, without cryptographic proof, I don't believe you own either address. Nor should anyone else. This seems to be obvious to everyone but yourself at the moment, so I'm recommending you provide proof to add to the veracity of your claims.

If you need help and you want to make sure you're not doing anything risky, it is recommended you address names and locations and even dates when signing, so that others cannot just copy the message and paste it elsewhere attempting to prove to be you at a later date or time. Aside from that, for the purposes of verification, almost any signed message is sufficient as long as includes the claim in question (that you own both addresses). For example here's something you would NOT want to sign:

If you only signed that, then anyone who receives a copy can copy/paste it to any of their friends and attempt to claim to be you. So instead you should include details that link your BTCTalk account to the addresses. You can also specify date so that if someone tries to copy it, it'll look weird.

The following message should be safe to sign and post publicly for anyone to see (you can sign it with either address):

Per Raize's request on the BTCTalk forums dated 6/13/2014, I, owner of the Brucexie account on BTCTalk forums, am also the rightful owner of the wallet storing the Bitcoin addresses 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.
Brucexie (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:46:55 PM

Because other than the obvious evidence you've spent the last hour or so claiming to be the owner and refreshing BTCTalk constantly to reply to various comments about what you should or should not do or should or should not have done, we have absolutely no reason to believe you are the true and rightful owner of the mined coins, or representing the owner of the mined coins.

Even ignoring the Eligius and BTCGuild accusations, for all we know, you are some random person wanting to troll us into thinking you have a claim on the lost coins. We have no reason to believe you have a right to speak for the owner of those two addresses. And frankly, without cryptographic proof, I don't believe you own either address. Nor should anyone else. This seems to be obvious to everyone but yourself at the moment, so I'm recommending you provide proof to add to the veracity of your claims.

If you need help and you want to make sure you're not doing anything risky, it is recommended you address names and locations and even dates when signing, so that others cannot just copy the message and paste it elsewhere attempting to prove to be you at a later date or time. Aside from that, for the purposes of verification, almost any signed message is sufficient as long as includes the claim in question (that you own both addresses). For example here's something you would NOT want to sign:

If you only signed that, then anyone who receives a copy can copy/paste it to any of their friends and attempt to claim to be you. So instead you should include details that link your BTCTalk account to the addresses. You can also specify date so that if someone tries to copy it, it'll look weird.

The following message should be safe to sign and post publicly for anyone to see (you can sign it with either address):

Per Raize's request on the BTCTalk forums dated 6/13/2014, I, owner of the Brucexie account on BTCTalk forums, am also the rightful owner of the wallet storing the Bitcoin addresses 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u.

It makes sense.
I'll paste a signature after the approve of my mining group, they're sleeping so this may be out in one day.
Do you think this is working?
I, owner of the Brucexie account on bitcointalk.org forums, am also the rightful owner of the wallet storing the Bitcoin addresses 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u. This signature only works before 6/30/2014 and only used for the talking about unpaid issue of eligius of the following 2 address.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

Brucexie,

Please pay me the 100 BTC I was cheated out of while mining at BTCGuild due to your 'defective' equipment.
1NGEBWTYndRkxTLVBuMcvJg2hJ3oURhdy8

After payment is received, I will be happy to support your claims against Eligius.

aosmith

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

I wonder if the Eligius guys have your BruceXIE's somewhere... Maybe they should just turn it over to the authorities?  Seems like fraud, deceptive practices etc.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

It makes sense.
I'll paste a signature after the approve of my mining group, they're sleeping so this may be out in one day.
Do you think this is working?
I, owner of the Brucexie account on bitcointalk.org forums, am also the rightful owner of the wallet storing the Bitcoin addresses 17JkL94B2ngJg4QQZuiozDQjnxXB6B7yTc and 1Gu8zxRi8cyENV8CQe52D7QEsiZ7ruT73u. This signature only works before 6/30/2014 and only used for the talking about unpaid issue of eligius of the following 2 address.

Yeah I imagine that or something very like it would be sufficient. Putting an expiration on the signature like that isn't a bad idea, either.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:30:57 AM

whew...I'm stuffed on popcorn...this is getting good  Cheesy

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: