Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NFD] NFD Complaint, Criticism, Etc. Thread [UNMODERATED]  (Read 2717 times)
MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:24:36 AM

hello dev,

in which i will get my coins?
still waiting to receive it,
is that distributed??

They are already there since 15th of June.

hash:           7be3b6a83368298a76301d8627f6f80af09a30c1bbf634829611eba5e20b2b07   
accountId:    9254385618896609269   
accountIdRS: NFD-3RZP-Q34F-YSVT-AGKV2

https://wallet.nfdcoin.com:8876/blockExplorer/?id=NFD-3RZP-Q34F-YSVT-AGKV2
trafficolaa   

1496062.99212598 NFD
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:53:54 AM

Just a heads-up from the Nxt world:

If you haven't seen this thread, please check it out:

"Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post"

Best estimate is that a scammer stole ~200 BTC from trusting Nxters through the Asset Exchange. The amount stolen has made the fellow who scammed us look like a small-change hustler...

Thankfully, this is one kind of "scam-dal" that has not plagued the NFD world! But please read through it and take it as a reminder to be on your guard. The trouble with the Asset Exchange is that it's 100% trust-based at the moment.

So, in the abstract, that big Nxt AE robbery was entirely foreseeable...but still...

So please be cautious. I don't know if it's me, but there seems to be a whole new crime wave directed against Nxt & its clones. The crypto world, at least seemingly, has gotten more dangerous recently . "Safety first" is inconvenient, but it doesn't hurt. Smiley

EDIT: Please withhold your judgement about the incident until all the facts are in. I meant for this post to be a "it can happen to you..." cautionary note, and nothing more.

A little update on the above: The scam was not pulled off thru the Asset Exchange. It was a pretty simple forum account hack followed by some sneaky social engineering: the forum account belonging to JustaBit was used to post a request for an immediate investment opportunity and asked people to simply send BTC to the posters BTC address. Not a very innovative scam, no actual hacking skills needed apart from obtaining the forum password, and there was no compromise of the NXT AE technology or any part of the NXT network. So NFD is also safe, in case you were worrying. The sneaky bit was that the scam was started at roughly the same moment that JustaBit got on a trans-Atlantic flight, so he was completely out of contact for half a day.
The total BTC netted was actually round 78 BTC, which is still very painful for those concerned, but thanks to the quick actions of forum members the scammer didn't reach the 400BTC target she/he/they/it were aiming for.

The lesson is: no matter how much you may think you can trust a forum post, do more investigation before handing over funds or insist on reputable escrow.

On NFD...good job, guys. Really.
I'm running an NFD forging node 24/7 since the launch, and I might set it up as a public node if I'm feeling really generous.
Has NFD had any changes made from the NXT network architecture, apart from port assignments?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:37:50 PM

[A little update on the above: The scam was not pulled off thru the Asset Exchange. It was a pretty simple forum account hack followed by some sneaky social engineering: the forum account belonging to JustaBit was used to post a request for an immediate investment opportunity and asked people to simply send BTC to the posters BTC address. Not a very innovative scam, no actual hacking skills needed apart from obtaining the forum password, and there was no compromise of the NXT AE technology or any part of the NXT network. So NFD is also safe, in case you were worrying.

Yes, that is why I was worrying. Since NFD's Asset Exchange is a clone of Nxt's, any attack vector in the former is an attack vector in the latter. To be frank, I wasn't worried about any purported hardcode flaw: I was worried about social-engineering attacks by slick con artists issuing fake assets on the AE. (I still am.) That's what I thought had took place when I posted that original warning. Even though that was not the case specifically this time, it was close enough to my "worry spot" to prompt me to warn the NFD community to look out for themselves if they see a new asset listed on NFD's AE.

[And no, I'm not referring to EvilCoin.Smiley]

The lesson is: no matter how much you may think you can trust a forum post, do more investigation before handing over funds or insist on reputable escrow.

Yeah...that can't be drummed in enough. Thankfully, we're not at the point where we would have to advise, "don't trust anyone you don't know personally."

On NFD...good job, guys. Really.
I'm running an NFD forging node 24/7 since the launch, and I might set it up as a public node if I'm feeling really generous.
Has NFD had any changes made from the NXT network architecture, apart from port assignments?

Thanks a lot! As of now, there aren't any changes worth mentioning - but we're working on it.

Actually, we're in a bit of a dilemma as to what development path we want to follow:

1) coevolution - we adapt Nxt's advances and offer our advances (once we have them) to the Nxt community for adaptation into Nxt itself?
2) divergence - we go our own way and the Nxt devs go theirs?

There's a fair bit of sympathy in the dev team for (1) because every one of them has some Nxt experience.Smiley But #2 is standard in the clonecoin track...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

Buy NXT you slaves. Bow to your superior being bcnext and friends. Why buy shit cola when you can have THE COKE.

~CfB~

Why buy Starbucks when you can have Tim Horton's? Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Trishula

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:12:43 PM

when will it be available on an exchange?
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:54:53 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 10:06:35 PM by Nxtblg

when will it be available on an exchange?

We're working on Bittrex right now.

And by "we," I mean a lot of us!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497351.180

~half of the prior page's posts are to add NFD too!

I just wrote Bittrex-Bill to call attention to the slight expansion Wink of his thread.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: