Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PPC is how you do PoS fairly, Sunny King should be applauded, NXT is a scam copy  (Read 2695 times)
Mtinie

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:21:35 PM

That Peershares things looks like vaporware that hopes to someday copy what NXT already has.  Is it not?

https://github.com/Peershares/Peershares/releases

The Peershares template has already been released, so there's nothing "vaporware" about it. I know of a couple of implementations that are running, but none that are publicly available on an exchange at this point.

Coincidentally, it was announced on the same day that NXT was announced, and you'd be hard pressed to really consider them competitors at this point, because they are intended to address different use cases.

macdadon34

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:59:10 AM

What happens to peercoin if sunny king gets hit by a bus? The btc and ltc devs have more then a 1 man team, I also don't trust that slimeball since he took the bribe from bushstar and fixed feathercoin.I rather buy dogecoin then ppc.

How is the fact that he contributed to feathercoin a problem? He's an independant developper not contractually tied to Peercoin, and I think it's quite honourable that he contributed to another crypto and didn't partake in the petty wars between coins.

Very admirable indeed. The community can only grow with help from each other.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:15:50 AM

What happens to peercoin if sunny king gets hit by a bus? The btc and ltc devs have more then a 1 man team, I also don't trust that slimeball since he took the bribe from bushstar and fixed feathercoin.I rather buy dogecoin then ppc.

How is the fact that he contributed to feathercoin a problem? He's an independant developper not contractually tied to Peercoin, and I think it's quite honourable that he contributed to another crypto and didn't partake in the petty wars between coins.

The story is buststar ( the guy who cloned litecoin added nothing new except more coins) did a horrible job copy & pasting and the feathercoin network was dying , so bushstar tried to bribe the Litecoin dev team and they refused. So he asked sunny king who took the money and fixed feathercoin instead of letting it die. This goes to show what kind of person sunny king is.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:56:07 AM

Quote from: El Dude

The story is buststar ( the guy who cloned litecoin added nothing new except more coins) did a horrible job copy & pasting and the feathercoin network was dying , so bushstar tried to bribe the Litecoin dev team and they refused. So he asked sunny king who took the money and fixed feathercoin instead of letting it die. This goes to show what kind of person sunny king is.

Any developper would have took that job, except those of Litecoin who apparently were angry that another coin was based on their open-source code. I see nothing wrong in that, considering Feathercoin is not a scam-coin (no premine, fair launch, had a legit community)
nxt2damoon

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:26:05 AM

nxt is not a scam run bt crooks.
nxt is not a pump n dump coin
nxt has best devs in da world all rest are a bit shit
nxt is the best coin ever
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:00:50 PM

What happens to peercoin if sunny king gets hit by a bus?

The same thing that happens if the entire Bitcoin core team is incinerated by a comet... Someone else with the talent and skill forks the OPEN SOURCE code and continues the project.

Also, not sure if trolling, so good job Wink
lynn_402

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:56:44 AM

What happens to peercoin if sunny king gets hit by a bus?

The same thing that happens if the entire Bitcoin core team is incinerated by a comet... Someone else with the talent and skill forks the OPEN SOURCE code and continues the project.

Also, not sure if trolling, so good job Wink

Haha, indeed!

And Sunny King just posted that, which shows he's not the only one working on Peercoin:

" - Based on the consensus of project leaders of the community, I am happy to announce that sigmike is now sharing responsibility with me in the Peercoin core-dev team. Responsibility of core-dev team is maintenance and development of peercoin protocol and reference client implementation. sigmike has been a key member of the peershare project and peerunity project, who has also demonstrated exceptional knowledge of peercoin protocol and security.
- There are many more talented developers/contributors in the community project teams, so we are continuing to evaluate and seek recommendations. Some of the key members are focusing on the respective project currently but could be joining the core-dev team at a later date. It's very nice to see the growth of peercoin dev community and the quality work being produced."

On the Peercoin weekly updates thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114994.80
lynn_402

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:07:08 PM

That Peershares things looks like vaporware that hopes to someday copy what NXT already has.  Is it not?

Released this morning: the first Peershares client!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656413.0

Good proof that this is not vaporware Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: