Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell 2 BTC to take hubby to the Kings Stanley Cup game for anniversary?  (Read 1550 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:03:21 PM

It is our anniversary today.  BitchicksHusband LOVES the LA KINGS!  We tried to go to the game two years ago.  We got scammed by someone on Craigslist and were sold bad tickets.  We went ahead and purchased more tickets at a higher price then the Kings lost that game and we could not afford to go to game 7 when they actually won the cup.  It was an overall pretty depressing experience.

So here we are two years later.  We would have to sell at least 2 coins to go because the cheapest seats are over $700 right now.

What do you think?  I know coins are not "everything."  I just wish we were at the peak of another bubble. This decision would be much easier then. Wink  This forum is full of mostly men so perhaps the opinions will be biased though. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:04:56 PM

kinda hard to give a suggestion when we don't know what your financial situation is.. as in how much income do you make, and how many bitcoins you have.. and i'm sure you don't want to disclose that. if $700 isn't going to leave such a huge dent in your pocket, then why not? it might be a once in a lifetime thing.. you never know when the kings will be in the stanley cup finals again.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:09:13 PM

kinda hard to give a suggestion when we don't know what your financial situation is.. as in how much income do you make, and how many bitcoins you have.. and i'm sure you don't want to disclose that.

Pretty much average middle class working family here.  No real savings at this point because we are "fully" invested in BTC.  A bit risky but so far it has been a risk we believe is worth taking.  We are not huge holders by any means so selling any is hard to do compared to some earlier adopters on here for sure.

But the Stanley Cup is a bit elusive.  Decisions, decisions. Wink

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:15:31 PM

kinda hard to give a suggestion when we don't know what your financial situation is.. as in how much income do you make, and how many bitcoins you have.. and i'm sure you don't want to disclose that.

Pretty much average middle class working family here.  No real savings at this point because we are "fully" invested in BTC.  A bit risky but so far it has been a risk we believe is worth taking.  We are not huge holders by any means so selling any is hard to do compared to some earlier adopters on here for sure.

You shouldn't "fully" invest in anything.
NOTHING is guaranteed and that includes BTC.

My opinion is that you should do what your heart tells you is the right thing to do and not ask strangers on a forum about opinions, and that includes mine as well.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

My opinion is that you should do what your heart tells you is the right thing to do and not ask strangers on a forum about opinions, and that includes mine as well.

yeah, that's kinda crazy. i hope the both of you are prepared for a worst case scenario (bitcoin collapsing).
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

Pretty much average middle class working family here.  No real savings at this point because we are "fully" invested in BTC.  A bit risky but so far it has been a risk we believe is worth taking.  We are not huge holders by any means so selling any is hard to do compared to some earlier adopters on here for sure.

But the Stanley Cup is a bit elusive.  Decisions, decisions. Wink

yeah, that's kinda crazy. i hope the both of you are prepared for a worst case scenario (bitcoin collapsing).

Well, with "fully" I basically mean all of our savings, but not our retirement accounts.  We haven't taken an extra mortgage on the house or anything.  Although it is tempting. Wink  Bitcoin is so liquid it is great to use as a savings account. We can access the funds within a few days if needed so all of our extra cash, which isn't much but has grown at an amazing rate thanks to the past bubble, is in BTC.

Of course we have considered the worst case scenarios.  It just hard not to invest as much as we can afford to lose with BTC.  And it makes it hard to pull out any of that for purchases that seem "frivolous" like hockey games at these prices.

beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:21:03 PM

That's a hard one.

Living life is important. You may be dead when bitcoin hits $10,000, or it might just dump to nothing.

The probable huge increase in bitcoin value is hard to ignore also. It may afford you many amazing events in the future, but of course the future is uncertain.

I guess I'm saying I don't think there is a wrong decision if the game is as important to your husband as you say it is, though I'm sure he'll enjoy money later too.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:24:32 PM

Well, with "fully" I basically mean all of our savings, but not our retirement accounts.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything.  Although it is tempting. Wink  Bitcoin is so liquid it is great to use as a savings account. We can access the funds within a few days if needed so all of our extra cash, which isn't much but has grown at an amazing rate thanks to the past bubble, is in BTC.

Of course we have considered the worst case scenarios.  It just hard not to invest as much as we can afford to lose with BTC.  And it makes it hard to pull out any of that for purchases that seem "frivolous" like hockey games at these prices.

might as well go to the game then. it's not every year that your favorite team makes it to the stanley cup. just tell him he can't ask for sex for 2 months if you do this for him  Cheesy
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:26:29 PM

Well, with "fully" I basically mean all of our savings, but not our retirement accounts.  We haven't mortgaged the house or anything.  Although it is tempting. Wink  Bitcoin is so liquid it is great to use as a savings account. We can access the funds within a few days if needed so all of our extra cash, which isn't much but has grown at an amazing rate thanks to the past bubble, is in BTC.

Of course we have considered the worst case scenarios.  It just hard not to invest as much as we can afford to lose with BTC.  And it makes it hard to pull out any of that for purchases that seem "frivolous" like hockey games at these prices.

might as well go to the game then. it's not every year that your favorite team makes it to the stanley cup. just tell him he can't ask for sex for 2 months if you do this for him  Cheesy

Or even better, sex for 2 months straight after this  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:27:11 PM

Hold onto that 2 BTC for 3-5 years and you'll be able to buy your husband a stadium.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:00 PM

That's a hard one.

Living life is important. You may be dead when bitcoin hits $10,000, or it might just dump to nothing.

The probable huge increase in bitcoin value is hard to ignore also. It may afford you many amazing events in the future, but of course the future is uncertain.

I guess I'm saying I don't think there is a wrong decision if the game is as important to your husband as you say it is, though I'm sure he'll enjoy money later too.

Although I like hockey, I am not as big of a fan as my husband.  I just really want this for him because I know how much he loves the Kings.  We are talking about it.  I wouldn't want to surprise him or anything.  It is too expensive of a purchase to buy without discussing.  He is on the fence about it too because we know that there is value in holding coins for as long as possible.  We are not really traders either so we haven't been able to "make more" coins on the peaks like some people on here manage to do.  Of course, some manage to lose coins too. Wink

If the price gets below the price of 1BTC we are probably buying.  Hopefully some people start dumping tickets pretty soon here. Wink  

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:46 PM

Hold onto that 2 BTC for 3-5 years and you'll be able to buy your husband a stadium.

And this is why I am a bitcoin addict!  Wink 

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

I'm not a sports fan but...you can replace the bitcoin.
Keep the husband happy and take him to the Kings game!
Of all the things that can be taken away ...good memories last forever.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:30:32 PM

That's a hard one.

Although I like hockey, I am not as big of a fan as my husband.  I just really want this for him because I know how much he loves the Kings.  We are talking about it.  I wouldn't want to surprise him or anything.  It is too expensive of a purchase to buy without discussing.  He is on the fence about it too because we know that there is value in holding coins for as long as possible.  We are not really traders either so we haven't been able to "make more" coins on the peaks like some people on here manage to do.  Of course, some manage to lose coins too. Wink

If the price gets below the price of 1BTC we are probably buying.  Hopefully some people start dumping tickets pretty soon here. Wink  

Go to the hockey game!  Spending money on special occasions is definitely worth it.   Don't think the prices of BTC are going anywhere significant over the next few days anyways, so you can probably just buy back the BTC if you need to...
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:32:30 PM

No.   HODL!

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:40:20 PM

$700 a seat is a lot.  I couldn't see myself spending
that much on pretty much anything even though
I could "afford" it.

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:45:56 PM

$700 a seat is a lot.  I couldn't see myself spending
I could "afford" it.

The prices are now $798 for the cheapest seats!  Shocked  I have been watching the prices all day.

If we could be guaranteed the Kings would be raising the cup at the end of the game it might be worth it but it is still a gamble.  Seeing your team lose a playoff game is painful.  Paying $1600 to see them lose is totally depressing! 

At this point it looks like we aren't going.  Sad  I am watching the prices on StubHub though.  If they drop below $600 pretty soon here we might just do it.

S4VV4S

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:46:06 PM

$700 a seat is a lot.  I couldn't see myself spending
I could "afford" it.

$700 $800 a seat?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thought she wanted to sell a couple of coins to go to the match and other things too (travelling, Hotel, etc).

No girl, for $800 you can get a HUGE screen TV, pizzas, beer, sexy lingerie, sex toys, the energizer bunny, and whipping cream Wink

Doesn't that sound better?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

I could "afford" it.

The prices are now $798 for the cheapest seats!  Shocked  I have been watching the prices all day.

If we could be guaranteed the Kings would be raising the cup at the end of the game it might be worth it but it is still a gamble.  Seeing your team lose a playoff game is painful.  Paying $1600 to see them lose is totally depressing!  

At this point it looks like we aren't going.  Sad  I am watching the prices on StubHub though.  If they drop below $600 pretty soon here we might just do it.

awww... well i wish you guys the best.  maybe give him a different kind of treat.  
the best things are life are free...hint hint wink wink lol

BitChick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:53:26 PM

I could "afford" it.

$700 $800 a seat?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thought she wanted to sell a couple of coins to go to the match and other things too (travelling, Hotel, etc).

No girl, for $800 you can get a HUGE screen TV, pizzas, beer, sexy lingerie, sex toys, the energizer bunny, and whipping cream Wink

Doesn't that sound better?

Trust me.  I can think of many things I would love more than spending $800 a seat for.  It is just that my husband loves the King so much and I love him so that is why I would be willing to sacrifice.  But even he said it isn't really worth it at that price.

Maybe next year?  If the price per coin gets to $10,000 we can afford them then!   Grin 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: