Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:34:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could bitcoin save the music industry?  (Read 2571 times)
Cenenigo

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:38:54 AM

Bitcoin is to the financial industry what BitTorrent is to the music industry
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

Everything could save by bitcoin, not only the music project could save by bitcoin but also all of project in the world could save by bitcoin, when you use bitcoin as your transaction you save your money for your future investment.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

I believe it would be really possible for this to happen in the very near future. I think more research needs to be  put in place in that respect so this can become a reality. The music industry is really viable. Everything is possible with the right application of blockchain technology.
ruybanoya

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

blockchain can save music industry like upload music, license music, chart music and many more.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:26:27 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to store music on the blockchain the same way the ledger is stored? Then you could sell private keys that give a program access to the data so that the music can be streamed directly from the blockchain? Is this kind of thing possible with bitcoin or another alt-coin in the future? Because this would have positive impact on the music industry as well as any other industry that are having issues with piracy. I'm just trying to stay informed about the potential impact of this technology.   

That's quite possible. Even Movies as well. We can take an advantage from the Blockchain for that.. Bitcoin is so widely used cryptocurrency as of today.. The music industry is not dead, our music industry is constantly changing. But we need to eliminate the cons for that if there is. So if we can make use the power of blockchain, that would be a big YES.

Y U MAD AT ME
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:30:45 PM

I don't know about this but I feel this is profitable and has nothing to lose and I think the music industry if combined with bitcoin will use an advantage
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:42:06 PM

Why does everything have to be moved to blockchain? Is the current world situation really that bad that blockchain needs to save it? I have nothing against the blockchain technology, obviously, but I think not everything should be in blockchain. Besides, what's wrong with using iTunes or Spotify anyway?
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

Everything could save by bitcoin, not only the music project could save by bitcoin but also all of project in the world could save by bitcoin, when you use bitcoin as your transaction you save your money for your future investment.
Bitcoin can help many issues in the life especially. Music is an essential aspect of human life but I don’t see how we would apply bitcoin in the music industry to save it. I believe  we can apply blockchain technology in many aspects in the music industry in terms of distribution and sales of music in the digital market.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

I don't know about this but I feel this is profitable and has nothing to lose and I think the music industry if combined with bitcoin will use an advantage
Saving the music industry is another huge thing but I know some projects in the crypto market involved in music,  they are developing some projects that enhanced good music qualities,  other  is like an application that you can download all the music you want to download. Probably this can help to make the music industry lively.
sawree6

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:10:53 AM

The problem lies in the fact that with each new intermediary musician receives fewer and fewer profits. The number of intermediaries makes complicated music industry even more difficult. The industry includes performance rights organizations, record producers, studios, agents, distributors, etc. Everybody receives fees and musician in the last turn. The blockchain is capable to eliminate all those intermediaries. Blockchain can become a new platform for artists in all spheres (writers, painters, musicians, etc) which will help them to get well-deserved profit and protect their authorship. In particular, smart-contracts can reduce the difficulties of the industry and the importance of the major labels.   
Danish Mohiuddin

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

The transformation of the music industry over the past twenty years has been enormously innovative yet challenging. Today, A music lover have easier access to more music than ever before, the unnumerable quantity of available options makes streaming services even more beneficial. It seems logical to assume that musicians themselves would have more fruitful returns as the digital market continues to expand at a rapid rate, and capital continues to flow into the digital music industry. In reality, however, the disbalance of the profit distribution structure, the existence of multiple middlemen, and outstanding issues of piracy continue to deny artists their fair share. They are receiving a historically low percentage of total revenue, typically from 10% to 20% of consumers’ payments. While platforms, major labels, distributors, and publishers may benefit from the digital transformation, artists are still not justly compensated for their creations. To sustain the growth in the digital music market, this chasm in terms of compensation between artist and middlemen should be filled.
sinkfish

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:45:15 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to store music on the blockchain the same way the ledger is stored? Then you could sell private keys that give a program access to the data so that the music can be streamed directly from the blockchain? Is this kind of thing possible with bitcoin or another alt-coin in the future? Because this would have positive impact on the music industry as well as any other industry that are having issues with piracy. I'm just trying to stay informed about the potential impact of this technology.   

hardly will do. but blockchain does. in fact it is already have. some artist already put their work on blockchain.
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

Yes I feel it can be applied in the music industry. Licensing, Contracts and Deals can be store on the blockchain as we as Smart Contracts to be released when some certain criteria are met (based on terrms and conditions).
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:40:42 PM

No, bitcoin don't have all of this power !

If we want to save music industry, we mustn't download music from internet  Grin

so what you mean here is?we will be back oldschool using cartridges?😂😂😂

And for OPs question,i guess if not bitcoin can manage to save music,maybe in future altcoins can do such,remember in technology there is no impossible,unless you want to bring life from the dead lol
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:01:08 PM

Saving the music industry is another huge thing but I know some projects in the crypto market involved in music,  they are developing some projects that enhanced good music qualities,  other  is like an application that you can download all the music you want to download. Probably this can help to make the music industry lively.

There are ICOs that have plans on bringing back the music industry, can someone atleast enlighten me on what ICO it is, I was skimming through then I saw it, unfortunately I was not able to remember the name, and I think it is a good idea.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:11:08 PM

I think you can do an ICO on this issue because it's very potential. It also makes btc or other altcoins known. Many people in the world love music, they will care about it. And with music lovers they will not be afraid to pay for a good song

Elqui

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:36:50 PM

Of course it can be saved by bitcoin as long as bitcoin will give focus to music industry. There are surely a lot that bitcoin can do especially to music industry.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:39:53 PM

I think there is no connection with the music industry and I am not happy that we are used by the music industry because there is no connection and the relationship is absolutely the same with bitcoin technology
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

it might be used as a good thing, because the connection between music and bitcoin can limit piracy. and this is an action that might be possible. because as far as I know, I have a lot of music concept, so I think it can be connected so that it can be a positive impact of bitcoin.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
Screamshot

Activity: 140

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:14:07 PM

I think the idea is nice and futuristic. With the high rise of piracy and idea theft the blockchain technology offers some sort of aid in protecting once ideas and identity and also content can also be sold

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: