Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could bitcoin save the music industry?  (Read 2571 times)
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:27:52 PM

Look, this is a great idea!We urgently need to create a musical coin based on the blockchain and negotiate with DJs ,singers and musicians on this issue.This will bring both music and cryptocurrency to a new level.There's so much music in the world now!!!!And every day it creates a new one,its storage takes a lot of space and opportunities.You can also enter a system of payment and payments for all types of musical services based on the blockchain.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:34:13 PM

in my opinion it can happen. the music industry can use crypto currency as a digital payment tool when we want to buy or subscribe to digital music via a smartphone. or the music industry can accept crypto currency when they sell a song album. and the music industry can work together with one of the crypto currencies to benefit each other.
Vladislav2306

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:36:07 PM

I think it could be realised. Altcoins fit for this goal much better then bitcoin. Implementation of this technology can raise the market to the sky.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
kelaxo76r

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:51:15 PM

The changelessness and "trustless" nature of the blockchain implies that it tends to be utilized in occasions where record-keeping and auditable information is critical, including information about who claims what resources, for example, music and motion pictures. As far as changing it goes, Im not sure but it will definitely cause a significant impact.
Marshall14

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:55:25 PM

[snip]
This is a rather off suggestion,and I doubt how useful the blockchain technology would be to the Music Industry..

It should be possible to store some data about an artist or transactions carried out as maybe payment for a show or a performance,but storing the actual recording on the blockchain technology sounds so unfamiliar and unnecessary..

If this should be adopted I'll love to see how it'll be put into effect
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 08:21:55 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to store music on the blockchain the same way the ledger is stored? Then you could sell private keys that give a program access to the data so that the music can be streamed directly from the blockchain? Is this kind of thing possible with bitcoin or another alt-coin in the future? Because this would have positive impact on the music industry as well as any other industry that are having issues with piracy. I'm just trying to stay informed about the potential impact of this technology.   

What is the difference between your approach and the usual streaming with Donat? The band Radiohead on streaming has earned its biggest fee for all albums. All from the donuts. Basically being able to buy music directly is a good idea. Through bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
delphic

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:42:33 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes again!!!That's genius!What should be done for this?)I'm in!)))But if without jokes,then this is a really great idea!In my head immediately drew a picture of how it can develop.It will open a whole ocean of possibilities!

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:47:00 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to store music on the blockchain the same way the ledger is stored? Then you could sell private keys that give a program access to the data so that the music can be streamed directly from the blockchain? Is this kind of thing possible with bitcoin or another alt-coin in the future? Because this would have positive impact on the music industry as well as any other industry that are having issues with piracy. I'm just trying to stay informed about the potential impact of this technology.   
Blockchain can be very transparent, but it is possible to continue piracy because people can create any new record with the copied track. It's like creating a new Altcoin based on any Altecin's Blockchain platform.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:52:01 PM

No, bitcoin don't have all of this power !

If we want to save music industry, we mustn't download music from internet  Grin

This answer. Grin

It is the new age where everything can be downloaded by now. Or should be for easy convenient keeping.
No more CD's that will get scratched and afterwards would not work anymore.

Anyway I do believe there is another way for bitcoin to save the music industry. It is not thru blockchain which you are proposing. It is the means to buy it. Bitcoin as internet money, music in internet. I do think that it connects already.
Faster, no credit cards and not too much information of the buyer to leak. Besides we are just buying music. Why the need to know who I am.
bosta20

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:55:08 PM

Is very possible ....but i personally think is a matter of time!...Let's keep on supporting the space...anything is possible!
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:44:07 PM

I don't think that there is a connection between the music industry and btc but i don't know maybe this is possible if some experts think so. As for me, I don't see any great chances that btc will be able to save music industry

fisherycrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

They're trying to tackle a similar problem, but streaming off the blockchain would be inferior to just downloading an mp3.  A specialized DAC/DAE could do this type of stuff and we may very well see it disrupt the music industry 10 years from now.  You pay the DAC and it gives you the music.  Eliminating the parasitic middlemen that have plagued the music industry for decades.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:54:20 PM

Well we know that everything is recorded on the blockchain so how this can be effective if its all about the copyrights for those songs, music that has been protected by law?

I don't think that there is a connection between the music industry and btc but i don't know maybe this is possible if some experts think so. As for me, I don't see any great chances that btc will be able to save music industry
There's no connection with cryptocurrencies but OP is asking about the technology, blockchain if its possible to do what he's saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:00:40 PM

No, bitcoin don't have all of this power !

If we want to save music industry, we mustn't download music from internet  Grin

This answer. Grin

It is the new age where everything can be downloaded by now. Or should be for easy convenient keeping.
No more CD's that will get scratched and afterwards would not work anymore.

Anyway I do believe there is another way for bitcoin to save the music industry. It is not thru blockchain which you are proposing. It is the means to buy it. Bitcoin as internet money, music in internet. I do think that it connects already.
Faster, no credit cards and not too much information of the buyer to leak. Besides we are just buying music. Why the need to know who I am.
absolutely right, the person who answered no, did not seem to understand, and the argument given was also less convincing, moreover he hoped that music was not on the internet, even though nowadays everything is all internet, we don't have to bother going out just to find or buy music we want to listen to.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:04:42 PM

The blockchain is very useful for every platform, including the music world, but there are some things that must be considered.
1. copyright regulation
2. royality payments
3. technical royality calculation
4. capital in the future.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:16:43 PM

Storing Music in Blockchain is not possible because each block contains only 2 mb data and music needs 4+ mb datas to store. It can be that music industry can do transaction in cryptocurrency but they cannot store music in blockchain.

We have to see option on erc20 tokens if it is possible, it it got success then it will really give a very big boost to erc20 token platform.

hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

Storing Music in Blockchain is not possible because each block contains only 2 mb data and music needs 4+ mb datas to store. It can be that music industry can do transaction in cryptocurrency but they cannot store music in blockchain.

We have to see option on erc20 tokens if it is possible, it it got success then it will really give a very big boost to erc20 token platform.

Sobocirevo

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:39:27 AM

I think there is no connection with the music industry and I am not happy that we are used by the music industry because there is no connection and the relationship is absolutely the same with bitcoin technology
Bitcoin can be related to music, especially for digital music download payments. In this case bitcoin is positioned as a user who will save the music industry, because conventional transactions are outdated. Downloading music with digital payments makes the music industry get payments directly.
auliasilvana

Activity: 196

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Bitcoin is to the financial industry

Bitcoin is indeed a financial industry but transactions can be used in all needs, depending on the user. If the music industry sells its work with bitcoin transactions the music certainly has high potential to be developed. Today many digital industries can be utilized and have advantages, so I think the music industry can run with bitcoin and later can help it.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:09:52 AM

The music industry doesn't need to save, it is developing very well now.
Don't think of bitcoin/blockchain is omnipotent. In fact, many industries that have developed well now do not necessarily need blockchains.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: