Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XCFD.COM SCAM ALERT  (Read 3744 times)
surrealisttrader (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:48:34 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 10:32:28 PM by surrealisttrader

Just wanted to give people the heads up on xcfd.com scam . They take advantage of the unregulated nature of bitcoin to scam people . just don't risk your money on them . thanks peace out

this is a reply to one of the comments :

ok i see your point , i didn't explain fully because i guess i don't expect to get my money back just warning people against it for a little justice .

i deposited the minimum deposit . that went through ok . then i deposited a sum under the min deposit , it never registered . i asked about it . they replied said they were starting an 'investigation' , i replied numerous times after that , they lost interest . prob more than a month went by . i mean the min  deposit was 900 . btw i gave them transaction id etc .

i've been told that because these businesses aren't legal in austraila . they can legally just take your money . i mean to actually sign up for a real cfd company you have to show them more proof than just a photo of your passport and drivers licence . i mean i still have some money in there , not enough for me to bother with .

but i guess the essence of my warning is if you give them anything under 900 dollars ( still alot of money to alot of people ) you will lose it and they won't care and there is not a thing you can do about it but it's not legal anyway ( so i've been told by a guy that had a similar problem with a different company that wasn't a legal cfd company .

bottom line is it's not worth the risk for people to use this company simple as that not when you can use a real cfd company or that other forex/bitcoin provider who has web of trust , i'd vouch for him , he gave me my money back when i asked for it . but these guys i'd say are just using bitcion as an easy way to avoid responsibility and maybe give you money back if they feel like it that day . 

they told me they use a bitcoin payment provider though . so who knows it could have been them that misplaced my money but the money went somewhere and they obviously don't care about customer services or talking it through with me just 'we'll investigate it ' then  nothing . thats enough of a reason to not use them  .

anyway thanks for the interest , bye . 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mysidia

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

Hello.   Anyone can write a "warning"  with a headline that "such and such" is a scam;   such warnings have been made about Bitcoin itself, and there are many 'suspicious' actors or 'businesses' that might or might not be schemes to cheat people out of their bitcoins or money.

Do you think you could provide an explanation of what you are basing this on?

What is XCFD.COM doing, in what way are they cheating or being dishonest, and.... how do you know  for a fact they are perpetrating a "scam" ?

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

I am guessing that the OP has just discovered about Binary Options and didn't like the outcome.
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:50:20 AM

You call it scam because of its non-US work?
soccosocco

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:20:56 PM

You call it a scam
if you have strong evidence?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:31:57 PM

"We are an officially registered New Zealand Financial Services Provider (#FSP309046) and a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution Service."

They look like a Forex broker, why is the OP calling them a scam?

surrealisttrader (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:30:25 PM

Hello.   Anyone can write a "warning"  with a headline that "such and such" is a scam;   such warnings have been made about Bitcoin itself, and there are many 'suspicious' actors or 'businesses' that might or might not be schemes to cheat people out of their bitcoins or money.

Do you think you could provide an explanation of what you are basing this on?

What is XCFD.COM doing, in what way are they cheating or being dishonest, and.... how do you know  for a fact they are perpetrating a "scam" ?

ok i see your point , i didn't explain fully because i guess i don't expect to get my money back just warning people against it for a little justice .

i deposited the minimum deposit . that went through ok . then i deposited a sum under the min deposit , it never registered . i asked about it . they replied said they were starting an 'investigation' , i replied numerous times after that , they lost interest . prob more than a month went by . i mean the min  deposit was 900 . btw i gave them transaction id etc .

i've been told that because these businesses aren't legal in austraila . they can legally just take your money . i mean to actually sign up for a real cfd company you have to show them more proof than just a photo of your passport and drivers licence . i mean i still have some money in there , not enough for me to bother with .

but i guess the essence of my warning is if you give them anything under 900 dollars ( still alot of money to alot of people ) you will lose it and they won't care and there is not a thing you can do about it but it's not legal anyway ( so i've been told by a guy that had a similar problem with a different company that wasn't a legal cfd company .

bottom line is it's not worth the risk for people to use this company simple as that not when you can use a real cfd company or that other forex/bitcoin provider who has web of trust , i'd vouch for him , he gave me my money back when i asked for it . but these guys i'd say are just using bitcion as an easy way to avoid responsibility and maybe give you money back if they feel like it that day . 

they told me they use a bitcoin payment provider though . so who knows it could have been them that misplaced my money but the money went somewhere and they obviously don't care about customer services or talking it through with me just 'we'll investigate it ' then  nothing . thats enough of a reason to not use them  .

anyway thanks for the interest , bye . 

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:34:46 AM

"We are an officially registered New Zealand Financial Services Provider (#FSP309046) and a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution Service."

They look like a Forex broker, why is the OP calling them a scam?

no reviews on the only forex reviewer site you can trust: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.xcfd.com

jnnguyen1234

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

I have read your issue, try refundyourmoney.net they can help you like they helped me and retrived my money.
Good Luck
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:41:35 PM

It seams they have solved this issue now, since now you can only deposit BTC in the exact value of $900, not less and not more

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: