Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology is Pulling Posts On Their Site  (Read 4066 times)
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:52:14 AM

What I mean by terrible deal, just look at the terms you agreed to:

You agreed to completely fund their entirely operation (along with the other "customers"), thus taking on 100% of the risk.  With absolutely NO say whatsoever in what they do, how they operate; you can't even SEE how they operate let along control it!  And of course no claim at all to any of their assets.  Well of course they aren't going to make decisions based on what makes you money, but what makes them money.  Sure they offered a money back of some sort, why would you trust them?  Would you buy something on here from someone you didn't know without using escrow?  Why are these guys any different, you didn't know them either.
But the best part is they were never under any obligation to actually deliver a miner anyways.  They could entirely within the legal context of the agreement, finish the miners right on time, and then keep them themselves and mine with them and there is nothing you could do except demand a refund (with them even profiting off of that, due to being able to pick the exchange rate BTC or USD whichever they preferred).  Or perhaps they could have successfully stalled you long enough to actually deliver a miner after they were done with it and it was no longer profitable.  Either way, within the terms of the agreement, they didn't have to scam you at all or break any contracts to completely rip you off.  It just amazes me that people sign these deals that are so clearly terrible and then act surprised when it doesn't work out.

I completely agree with what you're saying.....

But the "told ya so" attitude isn't going to resolve this horrible practice that seems fairly common in the BTC/Alt/etc world.

True.  But then neither is whining about it on a forum.  So I guess we're even Smiley
kenel

Activity: 578

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:19:00 AM

True.  But then neither is whining about it on a forum.  So I guess we're even Smiley

I'm not actually whining, but rather publicly stating my interactions so far with Alpha-Tech as a way of letting it be publicly known what sort of company we're dealing with.
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:28:01 AM

Thought this might interest you guys:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637202.msg7279319#msg7279319
Scrappy Do (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:44:03 PM

Thanks Starscream. I have filed my complaint, all I can do is wait now.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:58:12 PM

Update:

payments@alpha-t.net is actually answering emails now. Here is their response to me even though I did request during the 5 month period. So I am back to square one. Any help is greatly appreciated guys. I do not see how they can call me a business, as I clearly am the only one who can do that.

Hello there,

We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer
than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer
eligible for a refund. We have been very clear and open with our terms
of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available on
our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before you
order. Such regulations only apply to consumers and you are a business
customer with us. I can assure you that our legal matters are dealt with
by a leading law firm in the UK. Our terms of order are completely legal
in the UK. It was typed up by solicitors who specialize in this area of
law. They have advised us that all our customers will be legally classed
as businesses for many reasons, one being that the hardware we are
selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business
practice according to HMRC.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

On 2014-07-14 23:45, xxxxxx wrote:
> I am also aware of thelaws in theUK which state I have 2 weeks within
> receiving an order to request a refund. You Terms are against your own
> laws. I ask you again to Refund all my money now. I will take further
> action, and know of others you have fully refunded. Please make this
> as simple and easy as possible on all of us. Otherwise, we are headed
> down a bad road. Your terms clearly break the law.
>
>> --------- Original Message ---------
>> Subject: RE: Refund Me Now Please
>> From: payments@alpha-t.net
>> Date: 7/14/14 2:24 pm
>> To:xxxxxxx
>>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been
>> longer
>> than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no
>> longer
>> eligible for a refund. We have been very clear and open with our
>> terms
>> of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available
>> on
>> our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before
>> you
>> order.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Alpha Technology Team
dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:14:08 PM

Forgive me, but have they actually delivered anything yet?

Or even look like delivering?
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:46:20 PM

No and eventually with a far inferior product.

We have to stand up together if anything is going to be done. Another member on litecointalk sent me a link to a person that helped him fast. I sent them an email yesterday, but as of yet, I have heard nothing back.
bt2084

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:16:18 AM

Where is there documentation supporting an Alpha Technology promise to deliver by the end of July?

I am looking for hard facts I might be able to use to substantiate a claim of fraud.  Has anyone compiled such a list?

I am trying to get my deposit money back or worst case have it applied to the 50 Mh/s system.  Since they are clearly going to ship late there is no way for ROI.  Frustrated.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:31:17 AM

Where is there documentation supporting an Alpha Technology promise to deliver by the end of July?

I am looking for hard facts I might be able to use to substantiate a claim of fraud.  Has anyone compiled such a list?

I am trying to get my deposit money back or worst case have it applied to the 50 Mh/s system.  Since they are clearly going to ship late there is no way for ROI.  Frustrated.

Fiat deleted all his posts on bitcointalk and litecointalk that had the July date as a guarantee. He also edited the AT forum cleaning of the July delivery.  The best you can do is try to find a cache or archive or make a legal request for those deleted posts.
dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:43:52 AM

No and eventually with a far inferior product.

We have to stand up together if anything is going to be done. Another member on litecointalk sent me a link to a person that helped him fast. I sent them an email yesterday, but as of yet, I have heard nothing back.

Looking at the pictures of their office and such that was posted very early on set off the warning signs for me.
Looked a bit more into it, looks like they'll deliver at some point, but probably when ROI will be some way off, if not impossible.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:14:33 PM

Now Alpha Technology is deleting their own posts on their own forum.  They cleaned the slate of all their Announcements.

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?board=38.0

My guess is they didn't like some of the negative comments attached to the Announcements, or some of the Announcements had guarantees that they were failing to deliver on.
Scrappy Do (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:40:12 AM

Go here guys... This appears to be the most informative thread. Anything you can do to help, please offer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.new#new
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: