Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed! Apple allowing Bitcoin wallets in all App Store countries.  (Read 832 times)
enriquez (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:53:39 AM

I just got the email that Apple accepted CoinPocket into their App Store.  It is mostly the same as the HTML5 version (https://coinpocketapp.com) except for a few UI changes and of course a built in QR code scanner.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coin-pocket-bitcoin-wallet/id885640234?ls=1&mt=8
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:08:49 AM

I just got the email that Apple accepted CoinPocket into their App Store.  It is mostly the same as the HTML5 version (https://coinpocketapp.com) except for a few UI changes and of course a built in QR code scanner.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coin-pocket-bitcoin-wallet/id885640234?ls=1&mt=8

Apple announced this a little over a week ago (allowing apps that can facilitate payments).

Hopefully if the apps are high enough on the iTunes charts then enough people will see them that would not otherwise see them and get interested in, and invest in bitcoin.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:49:34 AM

Can you guys recommend some trusted ones? I am new to bitcoin but want to do some trading on localbitcoins so this would be a big help.

enriquez (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:07:32 AM

Apple announced this a little over a week ago (allowing apps that can facilitate payments).

They updated their review guidelines last week, but the wording wasn't clear if they would actually allow Bitcoin wallets in all countries. This shows that it can be done and it can be available to the entire iOS market.
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:16:32 AM

Can you guys recommend some trusted ones? I am new to bitcoin but want to do some trading on localbitcoins so this would be a big help.

Hey, for now if you wanna have a wallet on Android, I recommend Mycelium or Blockchain.info while for idevices, there are not much secure options. You might have to wait for a few weeks before Blockchain.info releases its app (Apple processes thing slowly). For a less secure one, try Pheeva (not on app store, visit pheeva.com), CoinJar (an Assuie "Coinbse" like thing) or web wallet of Blockchain.info

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:18:10 AM

Blockchain mentioned that they will be attempting to submit an app to Apple for approval next month.  Blockchain is one of the most popular and reliable companies in the bitcoin sphere.  I would recommend this wallet if it gets approved.
You can find this comment from Blockchain in a news article posted on Coindesk today.
Peace
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:32:11 AM

Coinbase already had an iOS app developed last fall, hopefully we'll see that come back along with others!

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:04:07 AM

Blockchain mentioned that they will be attempting to submit an app to Apple for approval next month.  Blockchain is one of the most popular and reliable companies in the bitcoin sphere.  I would recommend this wallet if it gets approved.
You can find this comment from Blockchain in a news article posted on Coindesk today.
Peace

I might just wait for that one. I plan to keep most of my coins tucked away in cold storage but it would be nice to able to store small amounts for in person trading.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: