Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:24:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MetalCoin MTC - BACKED BY PRECIOUS METALS, RELAUNCH SOMETIME IN Q3  (Read 24450 times)
dreampursuing

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:44:58 AM

stop shit in this forum .30% premine ,scypt algo ,meaningless

Ownership

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:16:23 AM

i see your pow is scrypt. in the summer for most miners. X-11 is way cooler (temp) or even scrypt-n or x-13. X-11 is easiest on hardware and energy cost though. Strongly consider this change.

I would like to see Metal Coin on either of those algo's as well, X11 or X13.  Then I would mine it.
metalcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:20:20 AM

i see your pow is scrypt. in the summer for most miners. X-11 is way cooler (temp) or even scrypt-n or x-13. X-11 is easiest on hardware and energy cost though. Strongly consider this change.

Agreed with Shogun47,

Seeing this coin x11 would attract lots of GPU miners which is most of the people mining. +1 vote on the change Smiley

Thanks Doc for your feedback. I will definitely consider a new algo.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:21:05 AM

your metal is worth 3350 dollars thats not alot for your premine. give us your real identity
Gaoweida

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:21:20 AM

accurate time is when?

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.SokJK5zYogvAr1TfgxEUWxeCQSHmNNvzoc
DoubleEagle - Only 100 #XDE - Get 0.03 for FREE! Launching Friday 15th.
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:44:28 AM

first, learn to use a spell checker.  2nd why should we trust you with the asset that backs the coin, and how are you going to get more gold/silver etc to make the "Metal coin" worth more.  

I apologize for the typos, but I've been on this forum for most of the day, responding to posts.

I can't say much more about the how the coin will increase in value. I have posted all the info one needs to crunch the numbers for themselves, use a spreadsheet. Also, the metals will increase the value of the coin, not visa versa.

Why should you trust me? For starters, I'm trusting the community first by offering my metals, free of charge, just just to mine my coin. I'm offering real value upfront, and all you have to do is mine it. Is my offer really that offensive? Would it make a difference if I dug deeper into my stash and offered a few more gold coins?

I can't comment too much on the security of the reserve other than there being several levels of public checkpoints, both online and in real life.

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:58:56 AM

your metal is worth 3350 dollars thats not alot for your premine. give us your real identity

Getting warmer Smiley

I realize that I will have to eventually release my identity, but how about this, you guys fulfill the bounties and I'll release my full identity, however you want me to prove it.
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:08:33 AM

accurate time is when?

Sunday June 15 @ 19:00 local Calgary, Canada time. GMT - 7
Ownership

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:27:55 PM

accurate time is when?

Sunday June 15 @ 19:00 local Calgary, Canada time. GMT - 7

Are you still on schedule for this Launch time?
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:00:31 PM

Due to the public response, we are delaying the release of the wallet and source code, in order to build more public confidence. We'll be releasing more information about the developers, general security design, pre-mine security and pre-mine allocation. We'll reveal a portion of our new concepts but will withhold the information regarding our financial/economic concept.

We have reached a point in the crypto world where ideas are saturated, reward systems are saturated, everything has been done, all while cryptos are gaining more and more ground in the tangible/physical world. Ever wonder why “MetalCoin” has never been done and does it not create little curiosity within you, when someone comes around at this stage with a MetalCoin, screaming new concept?

We are entering a new area in alternative currencies and MetalCoin can to be at the forefront and it's concept widely adapted, if supported by the community. We are much more than just an algorithm!

That being said, community is a crucial part of MetalCoin's success, both from a tech and security point of view, MetalCoin will not succeed without support, which is what we are trying to earn.

Stay tuned for an update, I should have one in 24 hours. Wallet and source code will be delayed for a day or two, while we try to create more confidence.

In the mean time, check out this well researched analysis of questionable altcoins, which lists some of our favorite coins. Keep this in mind when considering MetalCoin and it's concept. We understand that pre-mining a coin is a popular way to scam people, which is why we are open and upfront about our pre-mine and also why we are putting most of our efforts into resolving this issue.

Article: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:57:32 AM

30% premine with nothing new that your coin offers only give you this:

SCAM ALERT!!!
[/b]
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

Met with my parter today, we'll be meeting a potential third partner tomorrow, stay tuned for an update in a day or two. Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date.  Wink

twitter.com/MetalCoinMTC
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:31:01 AM

Ok, I have a pre-update. We've modified the concept, and changed the pre-mine to a hybrid of POS, IPO and “publiclly secured premine”. This means that the original concept has changed. I will explain the changes and how it effects the original concept. I'm going to spill all the beans on pretty much everything and will release the wallet 24 hours after posting the update. We'll let the public decide the fate of this coin and it's concept.

Stay tuned for detailed update in a couple days, I need some time to type out the new concept as well maybe put together some flow charts or something.

romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:15:35 PM

There is already an MTC

https://www.swisscex.com/market/MTC_BTC
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

another pump and dump coin , I am going to pass.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:30:00 PM

10 min block times are imo way too long. It's frustrating to wait for transaction to confirm with such long blocktimes.
2 min blocks and 0.2 block rewards would be better. This is actually a quite nice idea and coin otherwise  Smiley

enjoi

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

I'm following this. Not sure why this community is so quick to jump on new coins with marginally changed algorithms that really offer nothing new, but place so much hate on real potential businesses.

Coin price is based off investor sentiment, business price is based off real numbers. Wake up people. This may or may not be the best business that will ever come out of the crypto-currency world, but at least it has something behind the numbers/price. Ask questions before you spread FUD.

P.S. +1 Scrypt (let the hating begin!)

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:06:18 PM

10 min block times are imo way too long. It's frustrating to wait for transaction to confirm with such long blocktimes.
2 min blocks and 0.2 block rewards would be better. This is actually a quite nice idea and coin otherwise  Smiley

Thanks Timeline, I hear you, we tried to address this by lowering the block maturity to 2 blocks. On the metalcoinpool.com, we'll have low confirmation levels, few blocks.
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

I'm following this. Not sure why this community is so quick to jump on new coins with marginally changed algorithms that really offer nothing new, but place so much hate on real potential businesses.

Coin price is based off investor sentiment, business price is based off real numbers. Wake up people. This may or may not be the best business that will ever come out of the crypto-currency world, but at least it has something behind the numbers/price. Ask questions before you spread FUD.

Thank you enjoi!

I knew there had to be more logical people out there. I will give you and everyone else who supported this coin prior to your post, a small bounty/reward out of the allocation early next week!

I'm still working on the update, it's going be impressive, should be ready to post it within 12 hours.

Thanks again for the support!!
enjoi

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:33:11 PM

Thank you enjoi!

I knew there had to be more logical people out there. I will give you and everyone else who supported this coin prior to your post, a small bounty/reward out of the allocation early next week!

I'm still working on the update, it's going be impressive, should be ready to post it within 12 hours.

Thanks again for the support!!

Cool, thanks! Looking forward to the launch.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: