Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MetalCoin MTC - BACKED BY PRECIOUS METALS, RELAUNCH SOMETIME IN Q3  (Read 24453 times)
czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:00:53 PM

Up and running!

0.99% fees
Powerful dedicated server
DDOS Protection
Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
Skilled admin

Please, join us
DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:01:16 PM

Pool just started hashing
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 07:02:19 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 07:30:22 PM by scorpio18

Coinminers NOMP Pool Hosted in US

MetalCoin NOMP Pool
No  registration needed

http://coin-miners.info:8080/getting_started

Spread the hashes!!

Stratum port: 3989

URL (difficulty Vardiff):   stratum+tcp://coin-miners.info:3989

Username: your MetalCoin wallet address
Password: anything

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coin-miners.info:3989 -u your MetalCoin wallet address -p anything

You can check the total blocks found at http://coin-miners.info:8080/tbs under the MetalCoin Total Blocks column and the block confirmed under the MetalCoin Confirmed column

Payments:
1% fee for the server cost.
Note: Round Earnings are not credited until 2 confirms.Payments every 60 sec after the coins get confirmed.Minimum payment 0.0001 MTC

Rent some scrypt hash power at

http://www.miningrigrentals.com/

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 07:17:21 PM

The bounties offered are laughable, if you could not  come up with these things yourself why would anyone trust your competence in other areas.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
metalcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:25:46 PM

The bounties offered are laughable, if you could not  come up with these things yourself why would anyone trust your competence in other areas.

I realize that they are low, they were set low due to the uncertainty of the initial market price. I wasn't sure if this coin was going to be received well or not. Thats why I mentioned that all bounties are negotiable. I've already received some pm about this and and decided to index the bounties to BTC and am open to all offers.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm working on rewriting the op and website text, please have patience. I'm working like dog!
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:04:19 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 09:31:24 PM by metalcoin

- updated the OP
- bounties revalued
- updated the premine wallet address
- provided a new dl link hosted by dropbox
- IPO is rescheduled for tomorrow at noon local time, escrow account will be provided

Going to update the website and respond to pm's and emails now, I'll be check in here throughout the day.

Thanks again for supporting!
enjoi

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:22:32 AM

Finally hashing away  Grin

sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:59:35 AM

- updated the OP
- bounties revalued
- IPO is rescheduled for tomorrow at noon local time, escrow account will be provided

Going to update the website and respond to pm's and emails now, I'll be check in here throughout the day.

I was just looking at what your giving away for bounties.. those are pretty steep awards , considering your projecting a coin to be worth 3 dollars 'usd' .

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:21:45 AM

- updated the OP
- bounties revalued

I was just looking at what your giving away for bounties.. those are pretty steep awards , considering your projecting a coin to be worth 3 dollars 'usd' .

There is some method to my madness Smiley  The values of the bounties are based on quotes people sent me for various cryptotech services. They're little on the high side to entice people to fulfill them, however the longer they stay open, the less the reward will be. I'm going post an other update in the next little while, I'm also going to restructure the IPO before I release it tomorrow.

To be honest, I thought more people would be jumping all over this coin and although I'm not complaing about 100mh/sec (and climbing, thanks everyone), I just anticipated a bigger following. Needless to say, this coin will work if it becomes tradable somewhere, perferably on our own site. I'm going to pay around 1,100 MTC in bounties tomorrow and if nothing else gets fullfilled, each coin will still be backed by $0.59 in precious metals in 30 days and $0.38 in 60 days (8640 coins in circulation). In short, we have some time to round up a good team, the sooner the better obviously. Once we get started and people see the reserve grow every few days, things will change.

sly5am

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

I see only 30 mh out of 180 mh hash that is accountable from 1 pool. Shouldn't you try to get more pools onboard?

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:26:03 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 10:49:00 PM by metalcoin

June 23, 2014 Update:

242mh/sec and climbing! Thanks everyone for your support! Hang in there, we have some action in the pipeline, bag holders will be rewarded in the end.

I apologize for the frequent updates but I've had to change the original concept, on the fly, over the past few days, to gain public support. Things are changing daily. I've been contacted by a few groups that have shown interest in MetalCoin and I'm currently in the process of negotiations with these groups. I'm not promising anything, I'm just saying there is interest and that there is a chance that something may pan out.

For this reason, we're going to hold off on releasing an IPO until further notice. Good news for coin holders, as the value of your coins will not be diluted by 100,000 coins. Also good news for MetalCoin as this will provide more cashflow to fund our operations.

We've paid out 1,100 in bounties so far and a pdf of the payouts and premine details can be downloaded off metalcoin.org or here --->

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iju0c7u256nm92r/MTC%20Premine%20Account%20%28June%2C%2023%202014%29.pdf.

Please let me know if I can or if I should include the forum names of the people who were paid out of the premine amount. I'll update the spreadsheet to include Tx. ID and other info as well.

Also, could the following people please post or send me their MTC wallet addresses, in order to receive a bounty for their support;

- Bharat
- crypto4jan
- NoxX
- shogun47
- a447513372
- DrSnAzZy
- Ownership
- Gaoweida
- Timeline
- adroitful
- atavacron
- Quantumbud
- ArcticWolfie
- scorpio18

Thats all for now, I'll post another update soon. Thanks again for all your support!

DudeAtWork420

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

Apparently my netbook is the only thing mining at  pool.mn lol  Cheesy
sly5am

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:18:28 AM

Apparently my netbook is the only thing mining at  pool.mn lol  Cheesy

Looks like the OP bailed on this coin.. figures.

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:33:02 AM

No, I'm right here, battling battling the skeptics, while working on the coin.

I just want to say that I'm going to stick this one out. I'm hoping that my perseverance and honesty will gain support in the end. I have faith in this concept, even though it's changed considerably from it's original form. I think if enough of us stick around, we might be able to make headway in a month or two. I also believe this concept might be a little ahead of it's time and released under poor market conditions, but wait, someone will eventually offer a similar concept in the near future. We have ATMs, merchant services, point of sale systems and advancements happening everyday. I feel that altcoin trends might do a complete cycle and end up something like the gold and silver backed US bills that they discontinued in 1933. We're already close with all the incentives that altcoins are offering these days.

With so many coins released in the past 6 moths, I believe there aren't enough developers to support all the coins and their communities. Everyone is busy trying to boost their own coin and if one doesn't have a coder in their dev team, things generally end up falling apart. This coin can be an industry first and very successful if supported by a strong community, and unfortunately I really missed the 'DOGE-like community support train'. It's big business and people get greedy. Look at what happened to DOGE with Jackson Palmer leaving the community.

In some ways, all the hate on this thread might be a good sign, as we might be pulling at the right strings. I put a lot of time into this coin and I'm pursing it more for market presence than I am for monetary gain and I feel that if I stick it out long enough, someone will eventually recognize the true value in this concept. We have interest on Twitter growing daily. Until then, we have 3300 in precious metals for now, I might add a few more coins to the reserve down the road, if we need it.

There are a few people that have contacted me regarding bounties, I'll post an update when I have one.

Thanks again to everyone who supports this coin. Anyone who cares to join me in this battle, I'll be right here. Smiley
sly5am

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:47:42 AM

I just want to say that I'm going to stick this one out. I'm hoping that my perseverance and honesty will gain support in the end. I have faith in this concept, even though it's changed considerably from it's original form. I think if enough of us stick around, we might be able to make headway in a month or two. I also believe this concept might be a little ahead of it's time and released under poor market conditions, but wait, someone will eventually offer a similar concept in the near future. We have ATMs, merchant services, point of sale systems and advancements happening everyday. I feel that altcoin trends might do a complete cycle and end up something like the gold and silver backed US bills that they discontinued in 1933. We're already close with all the incentives that altcoins are offering these days.

With so many coins released in the past 6 moths, I believe there aren't enough developers to support all the coins and their communities. Everyone is busy trying to boost their own coin and if one doesn't have a coder in their dev team, things generally end up falling apart. This coin can be an industry first and very successful if supported by a strong community, and unfortunately I really missed the 'DOGE-like community support train'. It's big business and people get greedy. Look at what happened to DOGE with Jackson Palmer leaving the community.

In some ways, all the hate on this thread might be a good sign, as we might be pulling at the right strings. I put a lot of time into this coin and I'm pursing it more for market presence than I am for monetary gain and I feel that if I stick it out long enough, someone will eventually recognize the true value in this concept. We have interest on Twitter growing daily. Until then, we have 3300 in precious metals for now, I might add a few more coins to the reserve down the road, if we need it.

There are a few people that have contacted me regarding bounties, I'll post an update when I have one.

Thanks again to everyone who supports this coin. Anyone who cares to join me in this battle, I'll be right here. Smiley

Why would you not offer the IPO before mining commensed?  It makes sense to build a gold reserve to back your coin before you started the mining. The problem you have right is contrary to what you consider your asset. You don't have support. There is no one mining on any pools, so the hash must be coming from solo mining. That could be 1 big whale mining all the coins, or a 100 smaller miners. TBH I don't see any value in this coin without something backing it up. You decided to centralize this coin, but you put nothing up to support it. Don't take it the wrong way, correct me if im wrong, but im being critical due to the fact I've seen this concept fail over and over in the past. The longer there is no market for this coin, the faster it will die.

metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:47:57 AM

Why would you not offer the IPO before mining commensed?  It makes sense to build a gold reserve to back your coin before you started the mining. The problem you have right is contrary to what you consider your asset. You don't have support. There is no one mining on any pools, so the hash must be coming from solo mining. That could be 1 big whale mining all the coins, or a 100 smaller miners. TBH I don't see any value in this coin without something backing it up. You decided to centralize this coin, but you put nothing up to support it. Don't take it the wrong way, correct me if im wrong, but im being critical due to the fact I've seen this concept fail over and over in the past. The longer there is no market for this coin, the faster it will die.

Thanks sly5am, I appreciate your criticism and I agree with some of what you've said.

I offered the IPO after the release because I felt like the community didn't entirely warm up to this concept and I thought it may appear sketchy if I offered an IPO last minute before the release. I wanted people see what they were investing in and didn't want to raise any more suspicion than I had already raised.

In regards to you comments about decentralizing the coin, I still make no apologizes. I feel there needs to be some form of centralization due to the nature of this coin, otherwise how are you going to guarantee the security of everyones gold? Regardless of the decentralized payment systems that cryptos offer, they still have to rely on escrow services when security is involved. MetalCoin is still decentralized at it's core, just like any other coin, we just want to centralize the elements that relate to security and price control, for the best interest of the coin holders. I feel we've made a decent attempt at addressing the issue of trust and security by offering positions to the community to help secure and operate this coin together.
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

Is solomining possible? Whats the port number?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
metalcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

Yes, you can solomine this coin with rpc port 21020
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:56:52 PM

Yes, you can solomine this coin with rpc port 21020

Thanks, I was wondering why the difficulty was so high Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███