Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's The Procedure?  (Read 381 times)
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:52:54 AM

I'm fascinated by the traders and trader talk and would eventually like to give it a go but I have no idea what it entails. Aside from the standard "please teach me to trade like a pro" question that everyone would ask, I would like to understand the actual procedure that you guys are using to do it at all. Can you give me a walkthrough of a day or two trading, where you go, what you do, how you do it - in a practical sense, not a nuanced trading sense and preferably a definition of any jargon you're using.

To hopefully clarify, the steps themselves. I know people use the exchanges and all that so how does a general transaction work? What sort of money do you use to start or to have available to do trades. I'm pretty sure there's more to it so it's not the same procedures as just buying btc at whatever price and selling it at coinbase.

For me, when I've finally got to buy bitcoin I have to wait 4 days which is bullshit if you ask me, thought this was supposed to be instant. Even a cash wire transfer posts the next business day, or the same day if it's before noon. Not sure why coinbase needs to take so long, but once it's "uploaded" as I call it (transferred), then what? Where would I go or how do you trade with it?  

Then selling. I did sell off a bit just to go through the procedure and see what happens and it also took four damn days to transfer back to the bank. That made me recognize there's some other way you traders are going about things...I know yall aren't being forced to wait 4 days every time you buy and sell so how are you doing that where it's not the same as what happens on the coinbase exchange?

Hope that's not too convoluted - I know what I want to know but not sure how to ask it properly, if that makes sense (to anyone other than me)

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: