Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price back to 400$  (Read 5835 times)
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:18:12 PM

I think it will stay consistent around $600 through the weekend, might drop to $550 but I don't think anything more than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:46:12 AM

$400 is a big drop, so I think it's improbable, but definitely not impossible. If four some reason the auction coins get somehow dumped into the open market (which I don't think they will), we could see a temporary price drop. I still think there is  a lot of money waiting on the sidelines, so any flash crash would be short lived.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:38:00 AM

$400 is a big drop, so I think it's improbable, but definitely not impossible. If four some reason the auction coins get somehow dumped into the open market (which I don't think they will), we could see a temporary price drop. I still think there is  a lot of money waiting on the sidelines, so any flash crash would be short lived.

As always, people like to buy up all the cheaper coins and bring us back to a decent price.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:02:48 AM

It will stabilize around 2-300$ in the next months, we might have a sharp drop to 80-150$ but after that i think it might stay above 200$.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:08:26 PM

It will stabilize around 2-300$ in the next months, we might have a sharp drop to 80-150$ but after that i think it might stay above 200$.
What makes you think so?
I see that a lot of people are making some suggestions about the price and dont give any reason why this can happen.
Yes it is possible that the price goes taht low if a large amount of coins are released on the market, but this will be for a short time. Then after more and more comanies start to accept BTC it will goes up and up.
BR
Gondel
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:50:16 PM

nobody knows, maybe or maybe not, we will see Smiley thats exciting
gigEls

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:39:31 PM

I think the current price is quite stable. The price hasn't peaked, but instead steadily climbed.

gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:35:41 AM

I think the current price is quite stable. The price hasn't peaked, but instead steadily climbed.
Hope so too, but this is not exactly the true. It was 650$ before two weeks and was going near 700$ and now under 600$. This is not a big difference when you have 0.1 btc, but if you have more then 1 BTC you can feel it very drasticaly. People are scared to spend their coins nowadays Smiley
BR
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:47:09 AM

yeah its steady for now. altho there will be some variance with those fed coins.
but generaly, the lack of development and marketing is quite noticable on all cryptos.

i think were gonna go a bit down due to lack of peoples interest, unless we see something new happening.
we could realy use some good marketing...
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:59:41 AM

In my opinion   too many users have been using Bitcoin so that's why it went to 400 ! think about it!  you get free money! more and more users are being attracted by it! only if it gets more attention by the media and etc it may go higher! like 1000 or more! either way bit coin  will bring a change to the world that's for sure! if it gets the right attention from the world.
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:00:32 PM

yeah its steady for now. altho there will be some variance with those fed coins.
but generaly, the lack of development and marketing is quite noticable on all cryptos.

i think were gonna go a bit down due to lack of peoples interest, unless we see something new happening.
we could realy use some good marketing...

No need for a bubble, let's it organically grow.
What I can say is that there is a lot of entrepreneurship in Bitcoin, these will be the one pushing things through. Not the crypto team.
And that's a good thing, we don't need a bubble, but a steady and unstoppable grow.

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

In my opinion   too many users have been using Bitcoin so that's why it went to 400 ! think about it!  you get free money! more and more users are being attracted by it!

Please tell me, where do I get some of this 'free money'?  Wink
Not sure I agree with your logic that increased use of bitcoin led to a drop in price.

only if it gets more attention by the media and etc it may go higher! like 1000 or more! either way bit coin  will bring a change to the world that's for sure! if it gets the right attention from the world.

Now more attention (and probably then use) leads to a higher price? You're contradicting your previous comment.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:02:33 PM

I find it hard to believe that it could stay below $500 for too long. It just seems to ME that there is too much confidence in the price of bitcoin below $500. People KNOW that anything below $500 is a great deal and it's bound to go up, so most will buy in around that price and prices will go up.

But then again, I'm not an economist.
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

In my opinion   too many users have been using Bitcoin so that's why it went to 400 ! think about it!  you get free money! more and more users are being attracted by it! only if it gets more attention by the media and etc it may go higher! like 1000 or more! either way bit coin  will bring a change to the world that's for sure! if it gets the right attention from the world.
So where is that free coin?! Cheesy I want that free money! Cheesy
The people who  are attracted by free money often get scammed by giving their own money. Let new users know about BTC, I heard from somewhere that BTC amount is  0.02% from the  money used by the people so we need more support from newbies!
BR
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:51:30 AM

I find it hard to believe that it could stay below $500 for too long. It just seems to ME that there is too much confidence in the price of bitcoin below $500. People KNOW that anything below $500 is a great deal and it's bound to go up, so most will buy in around that price and prices will go up.

There are a lot of short term variables that could cause bitcoin to be any number of prices over the short term.

Over the long term bitcoin will likely appreciate in value.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:41:39 AM

There are a lot of short term variables that could cause bitcoin to be any number of prices over the short term.

Heard a lot of claim that long term price will go up. The wider adaptation with bitcoin is not a sound argument.

China is the largest export country and 2nd largest import country in the world right now. And they have set up bilateral currency deal with many neighboring countries. If wider adaptation argument is used as an argument for long term price to go up, maybe people should buy RMB rather than bitcoin?
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

Heard a lot of claim that long term price will go up. The wider adaptation with bitcoin is not a sound argument.

China is the largest export country and 2nd largest import country in the world right now. And they have set up bilateral currency deal with many neighboring countries. If wider adaptation argument is used as an argument for long term price to go up, maybe people should buy RMB rather than bitcoin?

As bitcoin is more widely accepted by merchants it should increase in value as more people will need to purchase it to participate in commerce with these merchants as these merchants have lower costs with bitcoin and could lower prices for bitcoin users to be able to realize these lower costs
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:02:48 PM

The buy walls are so massive in the ocean of $400!
I just put a couple buy orders at around $550.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:38:43 PM

Slow and steady growth is what we need. Bubbles always pop and usually over correct themselves. People invariably panic at that point and the media shills have a field day.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:54:49 PM

It is going to be interesting to see what is going to happen with the market after the auction.   I could see prices temporarily falling significantly if the coins are sold at a discount.   

Anyone that buys a big chunk could immediately flip them for a profit, and then just re-buy the 3k BTC.

We may see some serious market manipulation tomorrow and the following days
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: