Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Loan request] Seeking 2BTC loan with collateral.  (Read 990 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:32:51 PM

Hello,

I would like to borrow 2 BTC for a 10 weeks time frame. I'm offering 10% total interest on the loan.
I can provide 80,000 Zetacoins to a trusted escrow as collateral. This is roughly worth 2.46 BTC at current rates, on Cryptsy.
Repayments will occur weekly, starting from 22nd of June.
(Except for the 6th of July, I already know I'm going to be busy as hell at that time. This is why it's a bit delayed with balanced repayments to cover that delay.)

Here is the repayment schedule :

06/22 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 0.22 BTC repaid.
06/29 : 0.3 principal + 0.03 interest to be repaid => 0.55 BTC repaid.
07/10 : 0.1 principal + 0.01 interest to be repaid => 0.66 BTC repaid.
07/13 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 0.88 BTC repaid.
07/20 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 1.10 BTC repaid.
07/27 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 1.32 BTC repaid.
08/03 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 1.54 BTC repaid.
08/10 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 1.76 BTC repaid.
08/17 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 1.98 BTC repaid.
08/24 : 0.2 principal + 0.02 interest to be repaid => 2.20 BTC repaid.

I may be looking to repay it all in advance. This must be doable anytime, of course interest will be paid in full as planned if that occurs.

I'm open to any suggestion about my request. Thanks. Smiley
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:15:55 PM

Contact monbux for escrow, he's nice and reliable.
Nice to see a proper loan with collateral offered. Good luck.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:49:37 PM

Finally, someone knows how to properly ask for a loan. Although personally I think the 10% interest is too low for the span of 2.5 months.

MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:01:46 PM

Finally, someone knows how to properly ask for a loan. Although personally I think the 10% interest is too low for the span of 2.5 months.
But good thing he is applying for this loan with all requirements hope some one talk with him about loan and he can take this loan

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:24:37 PM

Thanks byt411, yes, I can help act as escrow for this loan.  Also, I would be able to partially supply this loan as well if we change up the terms a bit.
Sent you a PM!
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

I've been a reader here for a long time, I think I start to get how things work. Smiley Still learning though.
I was thinking of either monbux or escrow.ms to escrow the collateral.
I forgot to mention that I will pay all escrow related fees.

Also about my tuition on BTCTalk, there is some user that I think tried to scam me for my collateral. All was done in PM's.
I checked his post history, found he already dealt with monbux, Vod and you haploid. (On his multiple loan request without collateral, also interested in other people collateral in other threads).
It went that far I have a PM where he sent a ZET address. He said he "feels a lot better knowing he holds the collateral if I default" rather than some trusted escrow. I won't fall for it.
Scammers, don't waste your time in here. I'm only sending my collateral to trusted escrows, such as monbux or escrow.ms !
My question : Is there any way to keep that user from scamming other people ? Actually, he didn't in fact scam, but tried, in my humble opinion.

I'm not desperate. It's not like my life depends on this loan. I would really like to have it funded, tho.

Thanks byt411, yes, I can help act as escrow for this loan.  Also, I would be able to partially supply this loan as well if we change up the terms a bit.
Sent you a PM!

I got your PM ! Thanks for your interest. Let me answer you.
byt411

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:28:45 PM

I've been a reader here for a long time, I think I start to get how things work. Smiley Still learning though.

Also about my tuition on BTCTalk, there is some user that I think tried to scam me for my collateral. All was done in PM's.
I checked his post history, found he already dealt with monbux, Vod and you haploid. (On his multiple loan request without collateral, also interested in other people collateral in other threads).
It went that far I have a PM where he sent a ZET address. He said he "feels a lot better knowing he holds the collateral if I default" rather than some trusted escrow. I won't fall for it.
Scammers, don't waste your time in here. I'm only sending my collateral to trusted escrows, such as monbux or escrow.ms !
My question : Is there any way to keep that user from scamming other people ? Actually, he didn't in fact scam, but tried, in my humble opinion.

I'm not desperate. It's not like my life depends on this loan. I would really like to have it funded, tho.

Sent you a PM!

You can always tell us which user it was, and post the screenshots in the Scam Accusations section. Then others will bombard him with negative feedback.
I'd be willing to fund this loan, or at least partially, but I'm too greedy and I don't think that that interest is enough Tongue
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:30:55 PM

Sent you a PM!

I've just checked the cryptsy market for ZET... looks like there isn't that big of a demand, so I'm not sure if the 80k ZET are really worth that much; if there are that much buyers in the first place, who are willing to pay at current price.

Regarding this "scammer"  Post that in the scam accusations, if you really do believe it was a scam.  Show your PM logs and everything. Smiley
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

2.5 months is WAY too long for me, I focus on microloans with collateral.  I'd say 2 - 4 weeks would be the limit for me, depending on your reason(s).  I can supply ~ 0.9 BTC - that is how much BTC I am currently using for loaning purposes.  The interest rate, 10%, would suffice if this were to be a 2 week loan.

At 0.9 BTC, I could hold onto your whole collateral (85000 ZET) so in case you were to get another loan, you wouldn't have to send another transaction to me (the escrow).  This would also ensure that you would pay back your loan a lot more than a 110% valued collateral or something.  If you are ok with these terms, or would like to make changes, feel free to negotiate Smiley  Also, I'll make the escrow fee free (tips accepted) because with that collateral, the loan would be almost a guaranteed repayment loan. Smiley
byt411

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

2.5 months is WAY too long for me, I focus on microloans with collateral.  I'd say 2 - 4 weeks would be the limit for me, depending on your reason(s).  I can supply ~ 0.9 BTC - that is how much BTC I am currently using for loaning purposes.  The interest rate, 10%, would suffice if this were to be a 2 week loan.

At 0.9 BTC, I could hold onto your whole collateral (85000 ZET) so in case you were to get another loan, you wouldn't have to send another transaction to me (the escrow).  This would also ensure that you would pay back your loan a lot more than a 110% valued collateral or something.  If you are ok with these terms, or would like to make changes, feel free to negotiate Smiley  Also, I'll make the escrow fee free (tips accepted) because with that collateral, the loan would be almost a guaranteed repayment loan. Smiley

I just checked on MintPal, and there seems to be a much higher demand than Cryptsy. However, due to the spread of the buy orders, it would place the 80,000 ZET at around 1.8-2BTC only, since selling that much will just lower the price.

Why do you need this loan? Short loans at the current interest rate are also OK for me too, 1-2 weeks is fine.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

You can always tell us which user it was, and post the screenshots in the Scam Accusations section. Then others will bombard him with negative feedback.
I'd be willing to fund this loan, or at least partially, but I'm too greedy and I don't think that that interest is enough Tongue

It was trashymonkey (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=134418).
Okay, thanks for your suggestion. I will then open a thread in the appropriate section.
I got scammed some times before to let it happen again. I hate scammers.

Wait, we're working on some changes in terms with monbux, which is willing to partially fund the loan. Smiley
Maybe you can do it the two of you if the change suits you ?

I've just checked the cryptsy market for ZET... looks like there isn't that big of a demand, so I'm not sure if the 80k ZET are really worth that much; if there are that much buyers in the first place, who are willing to pay at current price.

Regarding this "scammer"  Post that in the scam accusations, if you really do believe it was a scam.  Show your PM logs and everything. Smiley

After seeing the user post history, i'm pretty sure that was a scam attempt. I'll post details anywhere soon.

Hem, about collateral, I can add a few hundred PPC along with the 80,000 ZET, if this helps you to feel better about the collateral. Smiley

(Guys you're posting so fast I can't follow you.  Grin)
byt411

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:45:21 PM

It was trashymonkey (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=134418).
Okay, thanks for your suggestion. I will then open a thread in the appropriate section.

Wait, we're working on some changes in terms with monbux, which is willing to partially fund the loan. Smiley

Regarding this "scammer"  Post that in the scam accusations, if you really do believe it was a scam.  Show your PM logs and everything. Smiley

After seeing the user post history, i'm pretty sure that was a scam attempt. I'll post details anywhere soon.

Hem, about collateral, I can add a few hundred PPC along with the 80,000 ZET, if this helps you to feel better about the collateral. Smiley

(Guys you're posting so fast I can't follow you.  Grin)

Haha.
Once you've finished discussing the terms with monbux, discuss with me. Monbux will be my escrow too. I can't loan as much as he can, but I can still help.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:47:09 PM

Regarding this "scammer"  Post that in the scam accusations, if you really do believe it was a scam.  Show your PM logs and everything. Smiley

(Guys you're posting so fast I can't follow you.  Grin)

Hey yogg, sorry for the posting restrictions x_x
But I have sent you my terms, hopefully byt agrees with them as well, are you able to still accept this loan with my requested terms?
I would require a greater interest rate for  2 - 3 weeks +
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:10:37 PM

But I have sent you my terms, hopefully byt agrees with them as well, are you able to still accept this loan with my requested terms?

No worries. I'm just thinking over it as well, to find some terms that would suits everyone of us.
Replied to your PM. Smiley
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:46:49 PM

No worries. I'm just thinking over it as well, to find some terms that would suits everyone of us.
Replied to your PM. Smiley

Currently doing a partial loan deal of 0.95 BTC loaned to yogg, to be paid back within ~ 1 months' time.  Will post publicly once BTCs and collateral have been sent.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:10:17 AM

Collateral has been received and loan has been sent.  For full info, check here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652617.0
Thanks!
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:28:05 AM

Finally I am happy with a 0.95 BTC loan.
Many thanks monbux for funding the loan.

I will post details about the loan repayment on the Public details thread linked by monbux in the post right above.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:47:15 AM

If you still need more to complete your loan I could probably loan you another 0.4 but it would have to be for a maximum of one month (4 weeks). Obviously it would have to be collateralised (happy to use monbux as escrow if you're amiable) and we'd have to work out how much collateral and interest. Feel free to PM me or post (although I generally prefer posting as public records are good).
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:51:04 AM

I am also interested if 2 BTC aren't already reached. PM me or post here.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:23:15 PM

Thanks Light and Killerloop for your offers.

Finally, interest is higher than what I offered, and the time period is more than half shorter.
I am pretty confident with a 0.95 BTC loan with the new terms. Not sure to feel the same with the amount I originally requested, with the same terms and time period as for the .95 loan.

I will certainly look again for funding in the future. Maybe we can work together at that moment. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: