Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying strategy for June/July  (Read 1442 times)
scribbles (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:09:35 PM

I've been buying a few bitcoins a week over the past month, so my average is about $580 right now, which also happens to be the current price.

I would like to continue to buy, but with the FBI auction coming up I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on how to distribute this buying across the next month - continue picking up a few per week, wait until the auction to buy on a dip, buy most now?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

It will likely be a roller coaster until after the sale.

Buy low, sell high.

I have no idea what the low will be.

I have no idea what the high will be.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:28:08 PM

I've been buying a few bitcoins a week over the past month, so my average is about $580 right now, which also happens to be the current price.

I would like to continue to buy, but with the FBI auction coming up I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on how to distribute this buying across the next month - continue picking up a few per week, wait until the auction to buy on a dip, buy most now?

The impact of that sale by the FBI is way overated.
What will be sold is equal to the quantity of Bitcoins mined in 10 days, and is considerably less than the daily trade volume.
The market can handle it. Also, it seems quite unlikely that the buyer will instantly sell all his coins on an exchange.

However, fear of the possibility of a 51% attack might indeed be a problem for people's confidence in Bitcoin, which might be bearish news.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:50:47 PM

If you're interested, I've been working on a service that tries to predict ideal buy/sell prices using neural networks. You can see the data for free here by just registering an email address http://www.btcpredictions.com/BuySellIndicator.php The strategy usually works better than buying and holding when tested on past price data, although I haven't tested it on future data very much yet.

But yeah I would say don't focus a lot on WHEN you buy but rather on what price you buy at. Hopefully this tool can maybe help you with that.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:24:17 PM

If you're interested, I've been working on a service that tries to predict ideal buy/sell prices using neural networks. You can see the data for free here by just registering an email address http://www.btcpredictions.com/BuySellIndicator.php The strategy usually works better than buying and holding when tested on past price data, although I haven't tested it on future data very much yet.

But yeah I would say don't focus a lot on WHEN you buy but rather on what price you buy at. Hopefully this tool can maybe help you with that.

24 chart says ... tomorrow will be price $592 (Error: 1.229%  )
5 days chart  predict  $575 for tomorrow (Average Error: 2.488%)
and  finaly 20 days chart predicts $530 (7.595%)

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:43:28 PM

5 Day Prediction
 19 jun $639,3

20 Day Prediction
 19 jun  $522,9

so what is the prediction ? up or down ?
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

5 Day Prediction
 19 jun $639,3

20 Day Prediction
 19 jun  $522,9

The coins might sell end of June. Maybe a slight dip but then back up is my guess. I do not think any serious dumping of the 30k would happen
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:17 PM

5 Day Prediction
 19 jun $639,3

20 Day Prediction
 19 jun  $522,9

You're looking at the home page of my website, which is a different thing than what I was talking about. Click the link I posted.

But as far as that goes, the 20 day chart is not reliable, it's just there to see the data because it's interesting. The 5 day one is alright, and the 24 hour one is usually pretty good, although during the past day ish it has been so-so.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

What will be sold is equal to the quantity of Bitcoins mined in 10 days, and is considerably less than the daily trade volume.
The market can handle it. Also, it seems quite unlikely that the buyer will instantly sell all his coins on an exchange.

However, fear of the possibility of a 51% attack might indeed be a problem for people's confidence in Bitcoin, which might be bearish news.

Another way to say that is that the FBI auction is 10x bigger then the max amount of new coins can be sold in one day.

Over the short term the price will likely fall, however over the long term it will allow more people to start using bitcoin.
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Another way to say that is that the FBI auction is 10x bigger then the max amount of new coins can be sold in one day.
That's simply false.

Over the short term the price will likely fall, however over the long term it will allow more people to start using bitcoin.
Price can also rise if the buyer is paying a premium for clean, governmental coins. That is even likely!

So... business as usual. Carry on!
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:03:11 PM

Recommended buying strategy:

1) Work at job (or two)
2) Receive paycheck
3) Pay rent, utilities, buy food, spend nothing else
4) Buy bitcoins with any money left over
5) Goto step 1
BTCfan1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:34:51 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:54:45 AM by BTCfan1

1. Buy
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:33:34 PM

Recommended buying strategy:

1) Work at job (or two)
2) Receive paycheck
3) Pay rent, utilities, buy food, spend nothing else
4) Buy bitcoins with any money left over
5) Goto step 1

I think bitcoin is a good investment over the long term, but is still not a sure thing.

I would not say you should put all of your savings into bitcoin
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:54:09 PM

Whatever you do, I would not wait for the fbi sale to buy all of the bitcoins you want.
I'd start gradually buying in the days to follow, and make sure to have nice open orders to catch a flash crashin case it happens on the 27th. Just keep in mind that it might never come.
transient858

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

Strong support at around 400.

Current price is still fairly far from the support.
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:04:14 PM

Strong support at around 400.

Current price is still fairly far from the support.

And will most probably never visit anything near 400.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:46 AM

How can the auction not go for a premium over the exchanges? Buying even the minimum 3k btc block costs an 8% premium on bitstamp. I cannot see any reason why the auction would EVER sell for less than the current price, and why in the name of god would anyone buy coins from the USMS then sell them on bitstamp? headasplode.jpg

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:13:40 AM

In terms of a buy strategy, I would suggest buying anywhere in the mid $500s. I don't really sell that often, bit anywhere near and above $600 is obviously profitable if you just bought in the mid $500s...
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:29:41 AM

I'd say stick to what you've been doing or maybe buy some a little early in case the price starts to rise up and you won't regret not getting more and won't be to mad if the price falls because you didn't commit to much at the wrong time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: