Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should we have the logo and website built?
fund by donation
put up a personal bounty
by members
by the community

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Crypto Ambassador - new poll  (Read 3052 times)
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

Activity: 400
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:03:23 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 03:42:54 PM by DudeAtWork420

Pre-Announcement
of
Crypto Ambassador

"Mentoring the next generation of cryptocurrency"

Crypto Ambassador will work with the crypto community on designing, building, and marketing of the next stage in cryptocurrencies. Working and collaborating with both preexisting and future teams including coin developers, exchange owners, marketplaces, as well as anyone whom may be involved with cryptocurrencies. We will build a bigger and brighter future for our community. Hop aboard as we embark on this wonderful journey.

The Board

Before members join and/or donations get accepted, I'd like to have a Board of Trustees set up. A fixed percent (defined in donations/revenue below) will be placed in an escrowed account, to be held as a "accountability and compensation fund". Setting this up will stop the scamming that has been rampant throughout cryptocurrencies history, allowing for not only accountability but provide compensation to involved parties. If we want to lead, we need to lead by example. The 5 board members -

Founder - Reserved for Brandon Gilmore
Chairman/Chairwoman - (spot available)
Vice-chairman/Chairwoman - (spot available)
Trustee - (spot available)
Trustee - (spot available)

If you would like to be considered for a position within the board, please send the following information-

1) Real name
2) Bitcointalk ID
4) Phone number (international add country code)  /or/ Skype ID
5) Previous/current involvement in cryptos

Once information is received, we will openly vote for positions and placement.

Donations/Revenue

After the board has been created we will start accepting donations to purchase a website unless one with hosting is donated. We will not do IPOs. This is not a coin meaning no premine/instamine/ninjamine/hidden tx fees. Strictly 100% donations with a accountability and compensation fund built in. Welcome to the future of cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin - address will be released after Board of Trustees is set up.
Litecoin - address will be released after Board of Trustees is set up.

All donations/revenue go directly into a cold storage wallet and will be viewable by the public as follows -

5% operating expenses
15% split 60% board and 40% members
20% accountability and compensation fund
20% Crypto Ambassador investments (setup for revolving revenue)
40% future projects/plans (held in separate investment to build the future of cryptocurrency)

Any and all transactions will be open and transparent in listing what the funds are being used for. We will openly post a ledger and account activities on our website daily.

Members

Members work as a team on different roles within the organization. This can be assisting in/with fundraising, helping with PR, or anything related to Crypto Ambassador. The team along with Board members will vote on every aspect of the organization. No voice will go unheard.

Want to join the Crypto Ambassador team? Contact, sending the following infomation-

1) Real name
2) Bitcointalk.org user ID
3) Email address

After receiving this information, we will contact you regarding any open positions.

This is the beginning and nothing is set in stone. I've created this PRE-ANN as a guide to what my plans are for Crypto Ambassador. I understand once the voting begins, it's no longer in my hands. I will be sitting as the founder and guiding this organization along. But, you as a team will be responsible for making this happen. We all hear your screams, that is why Crypto Ambassador is here to help. Lots of new development and systems are being put in place within the community, Crypto Ambassador will be here to allow collaboration between all involved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

Reserved
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:25:48 PM

Reserved
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:29:20 AM

Hi,

Good idea, about time something was done. Poloniex have just today refused to list a coin due to issues in the code, and they are promising that they will adhere to this policy in the future in an effort to both protect investors, and to help clean up crypto. Some very good points are made in that thread, I won't spam this thread with the link, but you can find it on the Poloniex announcement board.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, good luck!
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:34:05 AM

Hi,

Good idea, about time something was done. Poloniex have just today refused to list a coin due to issues in the code, and they are promising that they will adhere to this policy in the future in an effort to both protect investors, and to help clean up crypto. Some very good points are made in that thread, I won't spam this thread with the link, but you can find it on the Poloniex announcement board.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, good luck!

Yes, I'm an avid trader with Poloniex and aware of the changes. It's one step in the right direction. Hopefully, one day we can all collaborate for a better future. You are more than welcome to post the link.Thank you for your input.
mistress

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

Could we know your real name  ( i mean the staff) and your phone number before to donate?
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:31:42 PM

Over the next seven days we will focus on building our Board of Trustees. If you would like to be selected for a position on the board, please submit your information via PM to my inbox. We have one week to find four Board members with a diverse background. Both male and females are encouraged to join.
icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

Why not just join forces with the CDSAI (Committee for the Development and Sustainability for the Altcoin Industry)?
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:10:43 PM

Why not just join forces with the CDSAI (Committee for the Development and Sustainability for the Altcoin Industry)?

+1.

I'm not sure a newcomer with 36 posts would be what we need as the head of a crypto currency board..

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:27:19 PM

+1.

I'm not sure a newcomer with 36 posts would be what we need as the head of a crypto currency board..

I would applaud and bow down if someone with more experience wants to take over. Again, this is not for me but strictly for the crypto community. As stated in OP, nothing is set in stone.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:54:40 AM

And what is this for? There's already Bitcoin foundation.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:31:24 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:24:23 PM by majeis

Seems like an elaborated version of this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646122.0

but with even vaguer goals and a prerequisite demand for real life contact info.

If you would like to be considered for a position within the board, please send the following information-

1) Real name
2) Bitcointalk ID

They even ask for it twice :/

Also, 1 2 4 5?

Where did 3 go?

Want to join the Crypto Ambassador team? Contact, sending the following infomation-

1) Real name
3) Email address

After receiving this information, we will contact you regarding any open positions.

Oh, there's that sneaky 3. He was hiding in the second paste. Smiley

And the OP still wants to position themselves as the ringleader without offering anything other than serving as some kind of project organizer.

I will be sitting as the founder and guiding this organization along. But, you as a team will be responsible for making this happen.

His post history is also a mixture of spam pointing people to this thread, random supportive words on questionable projects, and mindless sockpuppet bumping.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

This is for the crypto community as a whole, to start the next phase or chapter in cryptocurrency. We see coins and exchanges popping up daily. Nothing has been started to get anything else going. As stated above, someone has mentioned to me that a law firm representing the crypto community needs to be formed. I'm getting feedback from people just like you saying we need this, we need that.... People are tired of getting scammed, IPOs are out of control. This is a way for us all to collaborate and do something about it. Set a new standard. We are not focusing on the next coin drop, or exchange being opened. We are committed to bringing in something that has not been seen in this community. To both assist, and build.
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:31:28 PM

Seems like an elaborated version of this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646122.0

but with even vaguer goals and a prerequisite demand for real life contact info.

1) Real name
2) Bitcointalk ID

They even ask for it twice :/

Also, 1 2 4 5?

Where did 3 go?

1) Real name
3) Email address

Oh, there's that sneaky 3. He was hiding in the second paste. Smiley

And the OP still wants to position themselves as the ringleader without offering anything other than serving as some kind of project organizer.

I will be sitting as the founder and guiding this organization along. But, you as a team will be responsible for making this happen.

His post history is also a mixture of spam pointing people to this thread, random supportive words on questionable projects, and mindless sockpuppet bumping.

The thread you show is for a coin. We are not focusing on a coin. The contact info I ask for is to give accountability.no one in Cryptos are providing any accountability, this is why scams are rampant. Yes, we will be asking for the information from both Board members and members alike.  Just as I stated above, if anyone has a better idea, and the experience,  who wants to take over...I'm all for it. As a trader and miner I feel something needs to be done. No one else is focusing on cryptocurrencies, they are more focused on a specific coin. We want to embrace all forms of cryptocurrency.

I know you see it as a form of spam, how else is one to get any information out?
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:12:00 PM

You should probably wait until a group of people who already fit the description of the team you're searching for organize a project of their own with an actual goal.

According to your posts, the only thing you've planned out so far is how to monetize this project and seat yourself at the helm.

And you're going to compensate people for what? Getting scammed?

If you meet your current objectives and it's legitimate, you're just going to create an entity that's a huge target for scammers.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:44:13 PM

You should probably wait until a group of people who already fit the description of the team you're searching for organize a project of their own with an actual goal.

According to your posts, the only thing you've planned out so far is how to monetize this project and seat yourself at the helm.

And you're going to compensate people for what? Getting scammed?

If you meet your current objectives and it's legitimate, you're just going to create an entity that's a huge target for scammers.

The post lays out the building blocks of the organization. Nothing is set in stone until the Board is filled. No donations will be accepted nor membership. I chose this route so we can have someone to hold accountable for any wrong doings.The compensation is for donations sent to Crypto Ambassador. If anyone feels they were done wrong, funds being allocated in the wrong direction, or any other mismanagement, we will have a fund that will compensate them. Not everyone will receive compensation who sends in a complaint. This will be voted on by the community. If everyone agrees, they get compensated. The more "scammers" the better we will be to handle future scammers. I believe if we have the right people on board, we can rid the community of most whom are scamming on the daily. I say most, as you will never stop people from scamming. That's like saying if I ban the use of salt no one will use salt. When you place laws or bans on anything its human nature to try and bend or break the law. We are here to lay guidelines and build on something that is great.

I appreciate the openness and concerns, and encourage others to voice any opinions they may have.
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

just an idea but why not maybe take a slightly different turn then most. Create some form of investigation website that strictly focuses on finding and highlighting the most honest and worthy coins.  Coins that deserve the help to get on exchanges, help in advertisement, whatever the case may be. But also while doing this also pointing out the flaws and scams in current coins (and new ones).  Call it the Crypto-Ambassador Report or something.  Massive research into every coin and what its pros/cons are.  Coins would start adding logos to there coin launch page stating "crypto-ambassador approved". Pretty soon it could be big.

Eventually you would force coin devs to submit information.  As ambassadors initially they would go out and ask the questions that need to be asked to the devs like "who are you?" "is your IPO SEC certified?" etc. etc. etc. if they are not willing to answer these simple question and hold a potential of $1000's worth of premine. they will get the high risk mark and we will even post in there thread stating so.  Basically they get different levels of ratings. Red being bad up to gold being the highest. Lots of possibilities but you could post a big red ambassador and people will know to stay away! yellow means be careful! gold means SAFE! maybe even have some in between again lots of possibilities!

Could quickly become a huge foundation and website to protect users!  Then donations would go towards the low coins that deserve help!

I would happily join if the goals were more oriented to protect the masses, force trust, and provide a safe place for new users to find new SAFE alt coins to invest in or mine.
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

just an idea but why not maybe take a slightly different turn then most. Create some form of investigation website that strictly focuses on finding and highlighting the most honest and worthy coins.  Coins that deserve the help to get on exchanges, help in advertisement, whatever the case may be. But also while doing this also pointing out the flaws and scams in current coins (and new ones).  Call it the Crypto-Ambassador Report or something.  Massive research into every coin and what its pros/cons are.  Coins would start adding logos to there coin launch page stating "crypto-ambassador approved". Pretty soon it could be big.

Eventually you would force coin devs to submit information.  As ambassadors initially they would go out and ask the questions that need to be asked to the devs like "who are you?" "is your IPO SEC certified?" etc. etc. etc. if they are not willing to answer these simple question and hold a potential of $1000's worth of premine. they will get the high risk mark and we will even post in there thread stating so.  Basically they get different levels of ratings. Red being bad up to gold being the highest. Lots of possibilities but you could post a big red ambassador and people will know to stay away! yellow means be careful! gold means SAFE! maybe even have some in between again lots of possibilities!

Could quickly become a huge foundation and website to protect users!  Then donations would go towards the low coins that deserve help!

I would happily join if the goals were more oriented to protect the masses, force trust, and provide a safe place for new users to find new SAFE alt coins to invest in or mine.

This is a wonderful idea. I will include this in my notes I'm taking and bring it up at the first meeting. My only issue is, I don't want to focus 100% on coins. But, this could help not only coins but exchanges and marketplaces too. This is the type of collaboration that is needed. As stated, nothing has been set in stone. I'm giving this some extended time to gather not only the board, but also input from the public. Thank you for your input. I will definitely start working on this, and will not leave your name out as contributing the idea (unless told otherwise by you). I'm planning to revise this Pre-Ann in the near future and will see about implementation.
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:13:15 PM

This is a wonderful idea. I will include this in my notes I'm taking and bring it up at the first meeting. My only issue is, I don't want to focus 100% on coins. But, this could help not only coins but exchanges and marketplaces too. This is the type of collaboration that is needed. As stated, nothing has been set in stone. I'm giving this some extended time to gather not only the board, but also input from the public. Thank you for your input. I will definitely start working on this, and will not leave your name out as contributing the idea (unless told otherwise by you). I'm planning to revise this Pre-Ann in the near future and will see about implementation.

ahh yes it would be great to have exchanges aswell.  Crypto-Ambassador approved exchanges and marketplaces.  Deemed safe based on customers sending information based on what they have bought or whether they have safely used it.  Aswell as list of features and qualities.  Then one major review provided by someone in the council who collaborates the evaluation of each coin/exchange/marketplace.

A strong evaluation of the crypto-world! <<good slogan Tongue

Just more ideas Tongue.  I will do what I can to get involved I would like to be a part of this and its growth and help out where i can.  I will submit information about myself here soon Smiley

Nothing wrong with putting together a great idea similar to whats out there and making it happen in your own way Smiley.  Could easily grow into a massive service Cheesy
DudeAtWork420 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:18:38 PM

ahh yes it would be great to have exchanges aswell.  Crypto-Ambassador approved exchanges and marketplaces.  Deemed safe based on customers sending information based on what they have bought or whether they have safely used it.  Aswell as list of features and qualities.  Then one major review provided by someone in the council who collaborates the evaluation of each coin/exchange/marketplace.

A strong evaluation of the crypto-world! <<good slogan Tongue

Just more ideas Tongue.  I will do what I can to get involved I would like to be a part of this and its growth and help out where i can.  I will submit information about myself here soon Smiley

Nothing wrong with putting together a great idea similar to whats out there and making it happen in your own way Smiley.  Could easily grow into a massive service Cheesy

Sounds great! I would love to have you aboard. Again, I'll add everything to my notes. If you know anyone else willing or wanting to be apart of this opportunity, please send them this way. Thank you again!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: