Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:54:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Why is trading volume so low?  (Read 3413 times)
ChuckOne (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

Why is trading volume so low?
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:57:31 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 07:36:19 PM by instacash

Because NXT has no real trades going on, there are only bagholders that is all. distributen is a joke there even Darkcoin is more distributed this this crap.

PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:09:21 PM

All these jealous haters. Bitcointalk has become a very exhausting place because of all these trolls. It's time to move.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:31:31 PM

Other theories?
mnporter2001

Activity: 602

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

As some one who has invested and continue to invest in NXT I have to say I'm starting to get a little concerned about all the questions like this one, that go un-answered.

I don't understand the dynamics etc of Crypto's but generally read up and take in what others say and either invest or move onto the next coin.

Im seriously considering dumping my NXT portfolio and I am sure others are starting to feel the same.

Cheers
Mark

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

I think that because there aren't miners dumping plus many of the investors only buy and hold planing to use it in asset exchange or incoming nxt features (at least is what I do, why would I want to trade them for bitcoins or other unesefull things?) instead of trying a pump and dump like in rest of shitcoins without any future. In adition, whales don't seems want to dump, they know what they have and don't want to sell cheap.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:52:42 PM

I'm classified as an 'early adopter' according to the statisticians from NxT.

NxT used to be $0.11 before the crypto community found out how terrible the distribution for NxT was, this was months ago.   Others also dumped due to coding quality and other things. 

That was the main reason for the dumping / stagnating decline; coinciding with the arrogant attitude by the NxT whales that it was 'fair', 'that they deserved it', the epitome of irrational rhetorical greed which reminds people of the real world 1%.   NxT is only a step up from Ripple and Neutrinocoin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:55:09 PM

NxT used to be $0.11 before the crypto community found out how terrible the distribution for NxT was, this was months ago.  

That was the main reason for the dumping / stagnating decline; coinciding with the arrogant attitude by the NxT whales that it was 'fair', 'that they deserved it', the epitome of irrational rhetorical greed which reminds people of the real world 1%.  

Pal, we are talking about Nxt not NxT.

So, you might consider opening another thread for that crypto.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:55:57 PM

About 0.5% to 1% per day of NXT is trading. This is not an unreasonably low amount
In fact bitcoin trades about the same per day.

Why is it a negative that NXT trades as much per day as bitcoin?

Whenever something trades 10%+ of its marketcap per day, then something is out of whack.

NXT has a lot of long term investors, so does bitcoin. That is why the trading volume is low. If people dont understand that they should sell. I will be glad to buy from you.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
instacalm

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:56:06 PM

I'm classified as an 'early adopter' according to the statisticians from NxT, and I haven't owned any NxT in months.

I sold almost all my NxT back when it was $0.86 (after I saw decline from a high of $0.11 cents).  NxT has been stagnating / dying a slow death for six months now since the crypto community found out how terrible the distribution for NxT was.  You can make all your analogies, metaphors and comparisons but last I check Bitcoin had no value back in 2009, real world distribution of wealth is irrelevant to this conversation, et al.

That was the main reason for the dumping; coinciding with the arrogant attitude by the NxT whales that it was 'fair', 'that they deserved it', the epitome of irrational rhetorical greed which reminds people of the real world 1%.  

You deserve a double facepalm for this complete nonsense.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:56:34 PM

NxT used to be $0.11 before the crypto community found out how terrible the distribution for NxT was, this was months ago.  

That was the main reason for the dumping / stagnating decline; coinciding with the arrogant attitude by the NxT whales that it was 'fair', 'that they deserved it', the epitome of irrational rhetorical greed which reminds people of the real world 1%.  

Don't know if you're one of the whales or not, but the aforementioned arrogance I mentioned just displayed itself.  NxT is not only bad distribution / scam but a very hostile community.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:58:01 PM

About 0.5% to 1% per day of NXT is trading. This is not an unreasonably low amount
In fact bitcoin trades about the same per day.

Why is it a negative that NXT trades as much per day as bitcoin?

Whenever something trades 10%+ of its marketcap per day, then something is out of whack.

NXT has a lot of long term investors, so does bitcoin. That is why the trading volume is low. If people dont understand that they should sell. I will be glad to buy from you.

James

I find this statement most valuable. So, Nxt currently behaves like Bitcoin.

Therefore, no need to worry, right?
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:58:57 PM

Don't know if you're one of the whales or not, but the aforementioned arrogance I mentioned just displayed itself.  NxT is not only bad distribution / scam but a very hostile community.

Would you please stop posting about another crypto here?
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:59:05 PM

Nxt is highest ever right now. It was 0.10 back in January but that's not because Nxt was higher, but because bitcoin was close to $900  so even lower Nxt/BTC  price was higher in fiat back then.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

As some one who has invested and continue to invest in NXT I have to say I'm starting to get a little concerned about all the questions like this one, that go un-answered.

I don't understand the dynamics etc of Crypto's but generally read up and take in what others say and either invest or move onto the next coin.

Im seriously considering dumping my NXT portfolio and I am sure others are starting to feel the same.

Cheers
Mark

All these questions? What questions? I've had many questions, too, but they are all answered.
To this question: There are certainly many reasons. First Nxt is available on way fewer exchanges than Bitcoins clones. That is because Nxt is no Bitcoin clone so you can't copy paste the programming details for implementing a coin. And not copy pasteing costs more efforts and money. Another reason is that there are not so many daytraders that trade NXT which is also because no major exchange added Nxt yet but also because daytraders are not familiar with concept of NXT. It's different than Bitcoin, maybe a little more complicated. But the main reason is certainly the bad image of NXT. Most people here on BTT just spread FUD about NXT so people are sceptical although all doubts could be resolved, if people would investigate a little. I don't care for volume or price right now. NXT is undeniable the most promising crypto and if people don't the see it I don't care. NXT will be successful with or without trolls/FUDster and whatever. Businesses are seriously considering NXT as platform, there are dozens of projects coming which are insanely awesome. NXT doesn't need the BTT community, it doesn't need major exchanges and it doesn't need daytraders who are just want to make quick money. For more information have a look on nxtforum.org (especially if you don't believe me).

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Whoisthelorax

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:59:46 PM

Context should tell you he is talking about the same thing. .11 per NXT highs, ridiculous profit off initial distribution.

I appreciate someone from the inside admitting this fact, TaunSew, thank you.

joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:59:53 PM

Define "low"! Coinmarketcap lists Nxt's volume as 9th in rank... higher than Peercoin, Namecoin, Counterparty, Mastercoin, and countless others.

Bitcoin amounts to 84% of all crypto trading volume; Litecoin is next at less than 8%; and EVERYONE else is under 1%.

Personally, I think the low volume is due to the exchanges on which Nxt is listed.  We are not on BTC-e, Mintpal, Bitfinex, Bittrex, or Kraken.  And the reason we are not on those exchanges is because the Nxt software cannot -- like any other QT-wallet altcoin -- be added with a few minutes of work.  Exchanges like Vault of Satoshi have said they'll implement Nxt, and have balked after realizing it's not just another alt.

One of the most key developments in Nxt which is NOT getting enough attention is the "adaptor" for the Bitcoin API: a piece of software that translates Nxt's interface to one that looks more like those used by Bitcoin and other alts.  Once this work is complete, all of the high-volume exchanges that have been ignoring Nxt will have an opportunity to implement it more easily.

Progress on the "Bitcoin adaptor" can be followed here: https://nxtforum.org/general/adaptor-for-legacy-bitcoin-protocols

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:00:59 PM

Yeah, sure coming from Nem supporter whose leader was caught pants down claiming stakes using sock puppet accounts and had to resign because of that.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
TaunSew

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:04:07 PM

Yeah, sure coming from Nem supporter whose leader was caught pants down claiming stakes using sock puppet accounts and had to resign because of that.

UtopianFuture took those sockpuppets off the stakeholder list before taint analysis even began and he didn't make any money from it.  Satoshi and BCnext also used sockpuppets to promote their coins in the beginning, to make it look more popular / exciting than it really was at the time.  Legitimate marketing technique.

NxT is still this coin with scam like distribution.

instacalm

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:04:50 PM

Context should tell you he is talking about the same thing. .11 per NXT highs, ridiculous profit off initial distribution.

I appreciate someone from the inside admitting this fact, TaunSew, thank you.

Facts? All time high of price is now, not to mention development achievement. PS TaunSew edited his original post where he posted $0.86 at first. lol Grin

"TaunSew" you are putting pretty bad light on NEM with all your nonsense anti-NXT ramblings these days. Shameful for the entire community given the fact that most NEM supporters come from a NXT background.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: