Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:49:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner  (Read 22653 times)
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

In any halfway decent backup system you would store the data at least twice, including at least one offsite backup, more likely three or four times.

So to say thay *all* instances of a set of data have been lost is pretty hard to believe.

Especially considered they actually used a * professional business* to do this, whose livelihood and reputation depends on actually preventing this kind of thing.

cjgames.com
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:46:38 AM

We already know that it goes between lerner and the doj, we learned that from a previous email that the select committee found. Now suddenly after that email all emails are lost? And if the doj is involved then holder is and IMO if holder is obama is. Or should I say jarret is but there isn't much difference between jarret and obama anyway.
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:47:13 AM

It's undoubtedly a case of plausible deniability.  But you can be sure that if Obama wanted to cooperate fully, all relevant information would have already been handed over, sorted through, heads rolled, and case closed by now.  He knows damn well there was a systemic abuse of power, as does anyone who isn't a Bot.

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:48:56 AM

There's no point discussing the chances of it happening, it's just implausible.  So many IT engineers have commentated that it would take willful and concerted acts to seek out and destroy those emails.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:49:30 AM

I dunno'.  I think his people do a lot of the administration's planning and he's sort of the very willing face of it all.  That's the impression I sometimes get anyway.  I don't get the impression that Obama is sitting in the Oval Office planning these nefarious deeds.  That's not to say that I think he disapproves of them.  I just don't think he's that involved with the minutiae.  

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
umair127

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:55:06 AM

Sorry, meant to add this...all he needs to do is stall these scandals from being fully exposed in all their glory just long enough to get out of office.  He knows that pursuing the truth after he is gone will result in nothing more than a Friday night news dump with 99% of the people won't hear about or care about.   And there is no way the next prez is going to do diddley squat about it in so far as it relates to him and probably not for those down the ladder either.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:56:13 AM

The absence of information is the proof of conspiracy. Wow, amazing thought process there.

Then there is this other idea...how about if we send in investigators to find the e-mails of the recipients of the e-mails. And, along the way, identify and prosecute those who destroyed e-mails.

I have no interest of protecting anyone who committed a crime, but a lot of interset in not setting aside reason in the process.

Lois Lerner should testify or pay whatever legal price may be applied. Anyone destroying e-mails should also face whatever legal remedy exists.

But making other claims makes people fools...fools without facts.

BTW, the IRS should interact with Justice on a regular basis to prosecute tax evaders.

Additionally, many of the conservative groups applying should have been denied...they are not social service providers at all, just Super Pacs.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:59:54 AM

The absence of information is the proof of conspiracy. Wow, amazing thought process there.

Then there is this other idea...how about if we send in investigators to find the e-mails of the recipients of the e-mails. And, along the way, identify and prosecute those who destroyed e-mails.

I have no interest of protecting anyone who committed a crime, but a lot of interset in not setting aside reason in the process.

Lois Lerner should testify or pay whatever legal price may be applied. Anyone destroying e-mails should also face whatever legal remedy exists.

BTW, the IRS should interact with Justice on a regular basis to prosecute tax evaders.

Additionally, many of the conservative groups applying should have been denied...they are not social service providers at all, just Super Pacs.
No one appreciates you not setting aside reason in favor of conspiracy theories more than original FSA members from the old board days.

sana8410

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:06:31 AM

No one appreciates you not setting aside reason in favor of conspiracy theories more than original FSA members from the old board days.
So you advocate setting aside reason? Ok, i understand. Thing is, charging to attack the guy you hate doesn't make your argument seem stronger, just weaker. Arguing against reason doesn't help your cause either.
Facts matter, and until there are facts this charade of guilty without evidence wears thin.
Funny part is, I suspect you know this.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:22:31 AM

What is truly insulting is that they expect the American public to actually buy their bullshit...

umair127

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

So you advocate setting aside reason? Ok, i understand. Thing is, charging to attack the guy you hate doesn't make your argument seem stronger, just weaker. Arguing against reason doesn't help your cause either.
Facts matter, and until there are facts this charade of guilty without evidence wears thin.
Spare me your blather and revisionism......  And you aren't being reasoned here.  You are being a good little partisan hypocrite.  If this was a Republican, every one of you Bots would be screaming your lungs out and for once, you'd be right to do so.   
What I suspect,  is that the administration is utterly full of it.  NO ONE with a lick of sense believes the IRS lost those emails.  Or that they aren't retrievable even if a computer crashed.  Your pretense at caring about facts is, as always, a bore.  This is a purposeful attempt, in a long string of purposeful attempts, to keep damning facts from being made public.  

umair127

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

What is truly insulting is that they expect the American public to actually buy their bullshit...
Most of the MSM isn't even reporting it.  And you can be sure this would be front page for months if it wasn't a Dem and Obama in particular.

sana8410

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:27:57 PM

Exactly!  Over the weekend, there was nothing from the MSM.  Yet, I heard at least five reports about Hillary's book signing at Costco, where Sonia Sotomayer just happened to show up.  That news?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:32:08 PM

Lerner, Obama, and the other Government corrupt and criminal Fiends have a problem. Even "IF" a nuke hit her machine, all government data is on three servers, and one of them many miles removed.

Most current day IT users understand how this works to the extent that it is nearly impossible to be totally rid of any data or e-mails, and especially on any government computer.

This pathetic excuse just won't work in 2014.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:47:30 PM

Out of curiosity, what is your wildest guess as to how and why these two years of emails were "lost"?  Not only from the computer, but the backups and the servers?   

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:58:27 PM

I've never heard of a pc having he ability to erase anything from the back up server. When your computer crashes you lose everything you did from the last backup not everything in the back up server. If you read the email lerner sent to IT support regarding her crash it appears that the IRS thought they could sell that email as an excuse for not turning over the data. It would also be interesting to see the email in response to the crash and what IT was able to do to resolve the issue and get her data back. Even at GM every IT call is recorded with a complete detailing of the cause, the fix and the end result, I can't believe the gubment isn't that thorough in documentation. So where is the record of repair and the statement that lerner managed to erase all her outgoing emails from all the servers when it appears she wasn't even in email when the crash occurred?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

I've never heard of a pc having he ability to erase anything from the back up server. When your computer crashes you lose everything you did from the last backup not everything in the back up server. If you read the email lerner sent to IT support regarding her crash it appears that the IRS thought they could sell that email as an excuse for not turning over the data. It would also be interesting to see the email in response to the crash and what IT was able to do to resolve the issue and get her data back. Even at GM every IT call is recorded with a complete detailing of the cause, the fix and the end result, I can't believe the gubment isn't that thorough in documentation. So where is the record of repair and the statement that lerner managed to erase all her outgoing emails from all the servers when it appears she wasn't even in email when the crash occurred?
it's impossible to lose the info unless it was intentionally wiped.  I'm not sure how we're supposed to believe that a simple computer crash would wipe out two years of emails from a government agency's entire system.

Rigon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:06:18 PM

it's impossible to lose the info unless it was intentionally wiped.  I'm not sure how we're supposed to believe that a simple computer crash would wipe out two years of emails from a government agency's entire system.
The answer is incredibly simple… We have a cover-up going on :-)
we are being lied to by three years old. This is am mainframe emails system. There are backups upon backups upon backups. Its not just a little Windows Email server. No way in hell is this "lost"
noviapriani

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.

Rigon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:10:43 PM

Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.
I just find it absolutely amazing how stupid these liberals have become… And they think I should buy their story…
It's what I do for a living.
These emails are not lost.
But if they contain what is suspected, it's not only impeachment, it's prison time…
How far would you go to cover up at that point.
We need a special prosecutor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: