Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:07:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner  (Read 22650 times)
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:18:20 PM

Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.
I just find it absolutely amazing how stupid these liberals have become… And they think I should buy their story…
It's what I do for a living.
These emails are not lost.
But if they contain what is suspected, it's not only impeachment, it's prison time…
How far would you go to cover up at that point.
We need a special prosecutor
Stupid?  I believe they know exactly what they're doing....they're very dangerous,for us the people,and they stuff us with lies thinking we are too busy with the daily problems too see it.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Exactly!  Also, abuse of power.  If this were any Republican, they would already be impeached, but Obama gets a pass.
I just find it absolutely amazing how stupid these liberals have become… And they think I should buy their story…
It's what I do for a living.
These emails are not lost.
But if they contain what is suspected, it's not only impeachment, it's prison time…
How far would you go to cover up at that point.
We need a special prosecutor
Stupid?  I believe they know exactly what they're doing....they're very dangerous,for us the people,and they stuff us with lies thinking we are too busy with the daily problems too see it.
Very,very dangerous...Those claiming the e-mails are lost are political animals, not IT people, so they didn't realize that the e-mails in question still exist, and probably in several places.

For instance, the NSA has them.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:46:54 PM

Those claiming the e-mails are lost are political animals, not IT people, so they didn't realize that the e-mails in question still exist, and probably in several places.

I work for a relatively small county government as well as the State of Georgia. I have email accounts with them as well as the US Department of Defense and of course my personal account from my ISP. Not a single email I send or receive resides on the hard drive of any computer I use. They are received and stored on mail servers that stand alone from the other computers. They all have back up systems as well, kind of like Carbonite or other similar services. There is no way any of the emails can be lost unless a failure of several components of the system all crash simultaneously or IT professionals intentionally delete them, a process that involves more than hitting the "delete" button. Accidentally deleted data, including mail traffic, on those drives can usually be retrieved with very little effort according to the IT guys I have asked. And to expect anyone to believe that 2 whole years worth of traffic was lost is just incredible. This story is so much bullshit.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:49:37 PM

And now we are learning that six more IRS employees involved in the scandal have also 'lost' all their emails!  
Do they really think they can pull this off when we all know they're lying? 
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380576/irs-has-lost-more-e-mails-eliana-johnson

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:55:46 PM

What I would really like to know out of all this is how the obviously unreliable computers at the IRS seem to manage to keep up with my tax liabilities. Their machines seem obsessively able to monitor my income and withholding and deductions without a single glitch. Can I have my next returns sent to Ms. Lerner's, or the other 6 hapless bureaucrats', computer? Please?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:02:22 PM

Yes, they do think they can get away with it....that includes Obama.  He has been given a pass for 6 years now, so why wouldn't he believe he can get away with this abuse of power and more lies now?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:00:13 PM

Obama: All GOP Wants to Do Is Oppose Me by Pushing 'Phony Scandals'

President Obama ended a town hall in Minneapolis today with a few shots at Republicans, and he once again used the phrase "phony scandals" to brush aside attacks from Republicans that, the president said, are singularly focused on opposing him at every turn. The president referenced all the news out of Washington these days and said, "These are just Washington fights. They're fabricated issues, they're phony scandals that are generated."

Obama told the crowd he's fighting for them every, even when it's "not reported in the news." But, he lamented, he can't always get it done quickly because "we've got a Congress that's dysfunctional."

The president explained, "You've got a party on the other side whose only rationale, motivation seems to be opposing me, but despite all that we're making progress."

http://youtu.be/gZ4PYy-2gus

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:25:26 AM

We're making progress....my ass.

The very government that he believes can unite and lift the American people out of poverty, racial strife and lower quality of living can't even follow it's own guidelines for how to maintain data.  I'm not asking the IRS to go above and beyond.  How come they can't be held to the same standards as a small business with 50 employees.

Dereliction of duty...progress in his eyes.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:15:01 AM

The very government that he believes can unite and lift the American people out of poverty, racial strife and lower quality of living can't even follow it's own guidelines for how to maintain data.  I'm not asking the IRS to go above and beyond.  How come they can't be held to the same standards as a small business with 50 employees.

So what do you read into this, and how do we move forward?

There will be a lot of people who think the problems are Obama-centric, so they will vote for non-Obama Democratic presidential candidates.

There will be people who think the problem is Democrats, and that they will solve the problem by voting Republican.

There will be people who think the problems are with organized criminal activity in DC which have corrupted both major parties.

Then finally, there are people who think that it is deeper than that and involves power shifts between the NSA and various agencies, including the US, and these work with politicians who they favor and who favor them.

Personally I believe the problem is a totally corrupt administration and this originates with Obama, but that it could well continue and get worse under the next administration if that was Democrat.

But I am not positive...
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:25:43 AM

There will be a lot of people who think the problems are Obama-centric, so they will vote for non-Obama Democratic presidential candidates.

There will be people who think the problem is Democrats, and that they will solve the problem by voting Republican.

There will be people who think the problems are with organized criminal activity in DC which have corrupted both major parties.

Then finally, there are people who think that it is deeper than that and involves power shifts between the NSA and various agencies, including the US, and these work with politicians who they favor and who favor them.

Personally I believe the problem is a totally corrupt administration and this originates with Obama, but that it could well continue and get worse under the next administration if that was Democrat.

But I am not positive...

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of it all. Both parties have corrupt people in their ranks and those people seem to have leadership positions. Obama is just off the reservation and seems to think he is smarter than everyone else. Hopefully the younger generation of liberty minded republicans can step up. We need these criminals out of power.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:45:14 AM

But I am not positive...

Unfortunately I think the cancer is too entrenched into the body of American politics.  Either it will take some serious surgical resection from a true reformist (who would be obstructed at every step) or the next puppet will be placed in by his party - parties that oppose each other but are funded by the same superpowers.  I live in California, and the supermajority belongs to Democrats - Republics don't have 1 major office in this state.  And yet big oil, large corporations like Coca Cola, and huge SuperPACs find themselves spending insane amounts of money.  They're fighting over power within "themselves".

You can't fix the problem is Americans look the other way.  The day they know the words to the Preamble or the Gettsyburg address rather than their favorite new popsong maybe things will change.  With "democracy" you get the government you deserve (problem is we're more like an oligarchy now).
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:28:59 AM

But I am not positive...

Unfortunately I think the cancer is too entrenched into the body of American politics.....
Although that may have always been true, the Obama lawlessness is quite certainly a new thing.  I believe the danger is that it may continue or get worse after he leaves office.   The country can withstand eight years of his abuse of power, but if it were the "new reality", that would require some pondering over as to it's consequences for the individual.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:11:00 AM

Those claiming the e-mails are lost are political animals, not IT people, so they didn't realize that the e-mails in question still exist, and probably in several places.

I work for a relatively small county government as well as the State of Georgia. I have email accounts with them as well as the US Department of Defense and of course my personal account from my ISP. Not a single email I send or receive resides on the hard drive of any computer I use. They are received and stored on mail servers that stand alone from the other computers. They all have back up systems as well, kind of like Carbonite or other similar services. There is no way any of the emails can be lost unless a failure of several components of the system all crash simultaneously or IT professionals intentionally delete them, a process that involves more than hitting the "delete" button. Accidentally deleted data, including mail traffic, on those drives can usually be retrieved with very little effort according to the IT guys I have asked. And to expect anyone to believe that 2 whole years worth of traffic was lost is just incredible. This story is so much bullshit.
The issue is that, at the time that her hard drive crashed the emails were stored on "tape" backups that have a limited amount of storage capacity. These backups held all of the emails at the IRS. What should have been done is the data from the temporary tape backups should have been used to recover her lost emails when her computer crashed. They were not used and the data was eventually overwritten.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:42:30 AM

The issue is that, at the time that her hard drive crashed the emails were stored on "tape" backups that have a limited amount of storage capacity. These backups held all of the emails at the IRS. What should have been done is the data from the temporary tape backups should have been used to recover her lost emails when her computer crashed. They were not used and the data was eventually overwritten.

And that explanation still holds for the other 6 individuals with their hard drive crashing, losing that same 2 year period?  Roll Eyes

zolace

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:02:40 AM

Yes, they do think they can get away with it....that includes Obama.  He has been given a pass for 6 years now, so why wouldn't he believe he can get away with this abuse of power and more lies now?
You know in all reality, Obama had the most corrupt administration right off the bat, how many members of his cabinet were cheating on their taxes?
Do we have any wonder what is going on now.
They may have the votes in the house now to impeach him…
Granted convicting him is another story but if this plays out, I guess as they told Nixon, there would be two Senate seats that wouldn't vote for conviction, because they were vacant at the time.
It could reach the point to where not to vote for conviction would be absolute political suicide

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:22:24 AM

I can categorically state that Lois Lerner's emails on any US government computer are backed up on tape, daily, and the tapes stored in a mine in Pennsylvania that you could house a small city in. This is SOP for the past twenty years.  Now we've learned that everyone in that time period that she emailed ALSO had a mysterious computer crash that deleted ALL of THEIR emails.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:23:51 AM

Hopefully our Conservative American Patriots will match and even surpass the disgusting Collectivist Liberals dirty tricks!

We are at war with this internal Liberal Enemy. Anyone who believes otherwise is doomed to be easily defeated.

History may show in the future that it was Obama who destroyed his own Administration by tolerating the death by a thousand crimes and corruption within it. Thankfully, the Liberals have now lost all credibility with the American voters according to the latest polls.

Managed correctly, our Congressional Tea Party Patriots may be capable of shutting down any of their added Economy destruction.
sana8410

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:27:48 AM

'Recycled' is now the word for 'destroyed?'  Can a citizen say that to the IRS when they are demanding documents from them???

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html#ixzz355FlDpiG

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:36:22 AM

'Recycled' is now the word for 'destroyed?'  Can a citizen say that to the IRS when they are demanding documents from them???

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-lois-lerner-emails-108044.html#ixzz355FlDpiG
"Apparently the Obama administration can recover emails just about as well as they can the economy."

Actually this is typical for someone who is lying and committing crimes… They become more blatant in their actions…
You have to remember, when she said people would kill her… If she was right, destroying the emails would be nothing in comparison to that…
Meaning, if they would kill her they would destroy the emails also…
The corruption run deep in Washington.
And the useful idiots don't care

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:43:06 AM

I suspect the super snoopy facility in Utah probably has everything.

You know, many years ago, when I was 19, the IRS sent me a rather large refund check that actually belonged to someone else... someone else who shares the same name as I.

This was long before I developed my current, bitter loathing of Unka sam and his minions.  I took the refund check down to the local irs goon squad lair, waited in line a long, long time and finally found myself face to face with a irs demon.

I said, "Hi!  I got this refund check yesterday but it's not mine.  I filed my return months ago and have already received my refund.  I think it belongs to someone else with my name."

Demon replied that it was unlikely that the check did not belong to me.  I repeated my story.  Eventually, demon took the check and said, "It's a good thing you didn't keep it.  We would have figured it out eventually and you would have been in big trouble."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: