Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 09:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Wave of Top Original Alts Dying...  (Read 1276 times)
Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:23:29 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 08:46:47 PM by Whoisthelorax

Peercoin
Primecoin
Namecoin
Ixcoin (lol)
Quark
Megacoin
Zetacoin
Feathercoin
Worldcoin
Novacoin
Infinitecoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin

Now, I will get heat for LTC and DOGE, no doubt. I acknowledge that they are doing the best on this list. So for sake of argument, don't focus on those.

All the rest are on massive downswings.

see graphs for these at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_first_wave_of_alt_coins_are_dying

---------------

Who thinks any of these (other than LTC and DOGE) will make it to 2015 with a higher market cap than they have now?

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:26:01 PM

Yep, I have been witnessing this.

Other than LTC and DOGE, I think only Primecoin might find a small niche.

Link doesn't work.
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:30:18 PM

They are all Bitcoin clones.

They have no right to be respected over brand new code second gen coins like NXT and Qora.

The old is going the new is coming. Innovation always wins in the end, that's progress.

BitzMD

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

Pretty soon will be saying the same about nxt, qora, etc

ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:32:58 PM

Yep, I have been witnessing this.

Other than LTC and DOGE, I think only Primecoin might find a small niche.

Link doesn't work.

I agree. Even if I do not have much use-cases for primecoin. But it could be valuable for the academic world.
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

When the next wave of innovation will come over us. Certainly. Or they can adapt.

Those who change will survive.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:38:32 PM

If something comes along that is better then sure why not.  

The bitcoin clones had no right really to be respected. They 99% of the time brought nothing new to the table. Darkcoin brought anonymity but soon that could be standard in other coins including Qora otherwise Bitcoin clones are ultimately a marketing joke that went on too long.

There are those who take crypto seriously as a way out of FED monetary bondage and there are those who want to score some fiat.

Unless you bring something genuine and new to the table that could seriously be used as a digital currency by a lrage percentage of people then you don't deserve to be anything other than a pump and dump.

TheCloser

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:43:29 PM

Yea, litecoin is dying.  Roll Eyes

Network hashrate is over 10k now.

Tech geeks know very little about economics which is why I'm crypto rich and your still trying to get there pawning your new "innovative" coins on newbs.
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:45:12 PM

When the next wave of innovation will come over us. Certainly. Or they can adapt.

Which is why Qora has made as a central guiding direction to make Qora with the ability to adapt to future developments in crypto.

Which is one reason I'm a believer.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction here, this is how I think coinmarketcap will look in 6 months. I'll look like a genius if it comes true!

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. Qora
5. NEM (sadly, as its a shitcoin imo but has a lot of fans to pump it)

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Yea, litecoin is dying.  Roll Eyes

Network hashrate is over 10k now.

Tech geeks know very little about economics which is why I'm crypto rich and your still trying to get there pawning your new "innovative" coins on newbs.

Actually i'm rich cause I got in early on NXT, Qora and Darkcoin. Unless you're a genius/lucky trader shitcoins are like playing penny stocks.

Some coins you can buy and forget about them.

If you did only one thing and that was buy any coin with a genuine innovation or is a new code and that would include Bitcoin the second it came out then you would be silly rich right now.

ChuckOne

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Which is why Qora has made as a central guiding direction to make Qora with the ability to adapt to future developments in crypto.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction here, this is how I think coinmarketcap will look in 6 months. I'll look like a genius if it comes true!

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. Qora

NEM = DOGE 2.0?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:58:55 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. NEM

Fixed.  Qora didn't belong on the list, besides it only has a capitalization around 2 million (even NEM, pre-launch, is bigger than that).

As well Darkcoin has been on the decline since it was pumped to its' height.  It'll probably be

Bitcoin
NxT
NEM

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:01:55 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. Qora

NEM = DOGE 2.0?

pretty much.

Hopefully the UP scam episode buries it but so many people follow it like a cult I wonder if anything is possible.

I hate NEM cause it spammed NXT to death over fairness and then sold its coin on a false concept of fairness and the leader is now exposed as a typical Communist type who wants equality for everyone, expect himself. It pisses me off as a concept from the start.

I was gonna put Exocoin at 5, again due to innovation but I'm not sure they can get their shit together or even its not a scam even.

TaunSew

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:02:04 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. Qora

NEM = DOGE 2.0?

Doge was worth more than NxT around a month ago (or was it two?) and has way more volume.   That was not counting Doge's inflation model or generation 1.0.  If NEM is really Doge 2.0 (but with innovation) then NxT may as well be dead.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:03:45 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. NEM

Fixed.  Qora didn't belong on the list, besides it only has a capitalization around 2 million (even NEM, pre-launch, is bigger than that).

As well Darkcoin has been on the decline since it was pumped to its' height.  It'll probably be

Bitcoin
NxT
NEM

LOL Didn't you get the memo? your glorious leader is a second rate sockpuppet scumbag.

TaunSew

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. NEM

As well Darkcoin has been on the decline since it was pumped to its' height.  It'll probably be

Bitcoin
NxT
NEM

Didn't you get the memo? your glorious leader is a second rate sockpuppet scumbag.

He's not the leader anymore.  Besides, all he did was use sockpuppets to promote NEM back in January, before it had its' current developers and 2800+ stakeholders, and he later took those sockpuppets off the stakeholder list.  Being caught doing it was worse than the crime itself.  Price of NEM is unphased and we still have 2800+ stakeholders.  Better distribution than any crypto in history.

Whereas Qora is... 80% sockpuppet promotion / ownership?

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:05:59 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. Qora

NEM = DOGE 2.0?

Doge was worth more than NxT around a month ago (or was it two?) and has way more volume.   That was not counting Doge's inflation model or generation 1.0.  If NEM is really Doge 2.0 (but with innovation) then NxT may as well be dead.

Innovation grows steadily, marketing hype coins and gimmicks burn brightly then steadily decline.

gorillajam

win

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:08:53 PM

1. Bitcoin
2. NXT
3. Darkcoin
4. NEM

Bitcoin
NxT
NEM

Didn't you get the memo? your glorious leader is a second rate sockpuppet scumbag.

He's not the leader anymore.  Besides, all he did was use sockpuppets to promote NEM back in January, before it had its' current developers and 2800+ stakeholders, and he later took those sockpuppets off the stakeholder list.  Being caught doing it was worse than the crime itself.  Price of NEM is unphased and we still have 2800+ stakeholders.  Better distribution than any crypto in history.

Whereas Qora is... 80% sockpuppet promotion / ownership?

Never get emotionally attached to an investment my friend, let it go.

How the hell do you expect a coin based on fairness be shown to be lead by a scammer?

Actually as much as it frustrates your intelligence. Its impossible for Qora to of has any more coins than you or me could of had. It was an open Bitcoin send in pure POS.

Do you struggle with facts?

NEM is a reworked Clone of NXT into C++ any fool can see that. never gonna happen for NEM now, never..

Trust me it would be better for you to swallow your pride, sell you NEM as soon as possible and buy Qora. I'm trying to help you.

ChuckOne

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:09:02 PM

Looking into historical charts, that is plain wrong. DOGE was never more valuable than Nxt is now.

Btw, you are still talking about the wrong Nxt.
TaunSew

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:12:36 PM

Looking into historical charts, that is plain wrong. DOGE was never more valuable than Nxt is now.

Btw, you are still talking about the wrong Nxt.

Why lie about something which is fact and everyone saw it for a long time?  NxT was worth less than Doge for awhile.

http://coinmarketcap.com/doge_90.html
http://coinmarketcap.com/nxt_90.html

Doge $53 million April 16
NxT $28 million April 16

NxT did not overcome Doge until mid-May.  Doge then suffered NxT sydrome but not over the distribution but rather Doge being 1.0 and inflationary.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: