Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:56:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown  (Read 1388 times)
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

Good one via The Guardian.  Brushes on some of the topics discussed on this board, and provides one of the most plausible explanations for the scope of intelligence agency internal population surveillance, 'fusion center' construction, etc:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:44:15 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 10:21:49 AM by practicaldreamer

"Twitter posts and conversations will be examined "to identify individuals mobilised in a social contagion and when they become mobilised"

To all Bitcoiners of a revolutionary bent, say hello to Twister

A few years back there was rioting in London - the rioters weapon of choice was the Blackberry - apparently its messages could be sent anonymously. The police were always one step behind - the riots were spontaneous in nature, but faciltated by anonymous comms.
  The British response to the likelihood of impending civil unrest is somewhat more old school than the Minerva Research Initiative - the Mayor of London has just invested in the good old, tried and tested water cannon.

In my view, instead of the US Minerva project spending millions on trying to understand the behavioural dynamics of civil unrest via mass surveillance/putting social scientists on the payroll, they might be better advised to try and understand the underlying social, economic and cultural exclusion that forms the backdrop to civil unrest. I'm sure there would be plenty of Marxist academic sociologists  up and down the land who could give them the basics on that one  Grin
But then thats the real issue here isn't it ? - TPTB have no desire whatsoever to address economic inequality, nor the inequality in life chances for citizens of the "free" world. TPTB wish to preserve the existing inequality against those that would question and oppose it - and not just within its own borders neither, but within the borders of any nation (read "satellite") that the US deems to be of strategic importance to its own interests !!

Its stuff like this that helps remind me why I quit Facebook  Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:06:04 PM

"Twitter posts and conversations will be examined "to identify individuals mobilised in a social contagion and when they become mobilised"

To all Bitcoiners of a revolutionary bent, say hello to Twister

A few years back there was rioting in London - the rioters weapon of choice was the Blackberry - apparently its messages could be sent anonymously. The police were always one step behind - the riots were spontaneous in nature, but faciltated by anonymous comms.
  The British response to the likelihood of impending civil unrest is somewhat more old school than the Minerva Research Initiative - the Mayor of London has just invested in the good old, tried and tested water cannon.....

The instant messaging flashmob response to that should be to re constitute the mob at a slightly varying location every minute or so, leading the water cannons in a circle.  Or to the pre designated point where they sink into mud, are attacked by massive quantities of fire ants, or various other entertaining possibilities.

I guess, though, water cannon would be useful in protecting fixed sites like national monuments from being vandalized. 
Keyara

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:57:09 PM

Government can prepare all they want.  But they will not have enough resources to enforce civil order if many cities start mass protesting at the same time.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:31:55 PM

Katrina disaster is a good example of what will happen if things go bad enough.

JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:06:50 PM

It's called a social "contagion" so that its extermination may be justified.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MidnightRon

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:49:10 PM

Call Kim Dotkom and his friends because Pentagon is in danger zone!
Justine

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:58:21 PM

Not a viable method in a "democratic" country where people can figure things out easily thank to internet.

LAstar

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:04:45 PM

I think Kim love when pentagon in "danger zone". He is unknown person for me but he have some powers in the hacker's part of the internet.
JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

Not a viable method in a "democratic" country where people can figure things out easily thank to internet.

I'm counting on you to be right, but I may be disappointed.  A large block of the US population is comprised of folks who aren't paying much attention.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:32:27 PM

I'm counting on you to be right, but I may be disappointed.  A large block of the US population is comprised of folks who aren't paying much attention.

Being indifferent is more likely. Since so many are still getting welfare check from the government.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:43:23 AM

Glad I never bothered with facebook, the revolution will not be tweeted (or liked). I think the internet is good for organising people but you'll always have some nosey spook looking over your shoulder.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

Government can prepare all they want.  But they will not have enough resources to enforce civil order if many cities start mass protesting at the same time.

Fema and millions of hollow point bullets disagree.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:15:00 PM

I think Kim love when pentagon in "danger zone". He is unknown person for me but he have some powers in the hacker's part of the internet.

Kim dot com should be a god. He's the only big name sticking up for freedom on the internet and one of the only people willing to use a mass amount of money to kick the Americans in the nuts. I pray he wins

This is much more troubling
http://torrentfreak.com/court-hands-google-worldwide-site-blocking-injunction-140618/

feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:10:27 PM

Power to the peeeeooplllllle, just goes to show how shit scared the governments are of their native populations.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:03:41 PM

Unfortunately.
When your job is to evaluate possible threats, everything looks like a threat.
And given that the Pentagon has to deal with our so-called leaders in ways and on levels that evade public scrutiny, perchance they have a different perception of the odds that our so-called democracy is being run by people who are really going  to screw the pooch.
Put it another way, given all of the high crimes and misdemeanors that have been committed by high public officials of recent memory, they may be getting ready for the blowback that will surely come IF we don't make some real changes ASAP. The people who give them their orders expect them to keep that from happening, whatever it takes.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:09:42 PM

Good one via The Guardian.  Brushes on some of the topics discussed on this board, and provides one of the most plausible explanations for the scope of intelligence agency internal population surveillance, 'fusion center' construction, etc:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

These idiots think there will be social unrest over CLIMATE CHANGE?  Oh, SURE!  It couldn't possibly be the NSA, ObamaCare, the IRS targeting of conservative groups, immigration crisis on the border, our abandonment of Ukraine and Iraq, the Obama admin exchanging 5 top Taliban for a deserter, the ongoing depression, or the collapse of the currency  ...

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:22:29 PM

These idiots think there will be social unrest over CLIMATE CHANGE?  Oh, SURE!  It couldn't possibly be the NSA, ObamaCare, the IRS targeting of conservative groups, immigration crisis on the border, our abandonment of Ukraine and Iraq, the Obama admin exchanging 5 top Taliban for a deserter, the ongoing depression, or the collapse of the currency  ...

I duno man. Eventually climate change will be the most important factor in geo-politics. If you think we fight like cats and dogs over oil, wait until the clean water dries up. This is already the case in some parts of the world.
None of the things you mentioned will be talked about in twenty years. In a century they will only be known to a few historians. But our hot planet will be known to every human and it will be a daily part of life.
Global warming is the greatest threat to our species since the pleistocene. And the scary part is that there is no reason to believe it will stop getting warmer until we, and maybe all life, is gone. This is something the pentagon understands.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

None of this surprises...the US has been using "think tanks" and analysts over decades to look at future trends/threats. Today it's climate effects such as food and water shortages, immigration from mass population movements. I guess no-one can plan for 100 years ahead but a few decades - probably. The oil grab worldwide, esp. fracking, seems to me a hunkering down by Western countries to secure this "Western" future. Sod the climate, surely analysts who advise those in power know this is down the tubes.
And can one imagine anything like what's happening in the Middle East getting to Europe or the US? Everything will be done to stop this.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:55:26 PM

We'll get there in time. Just like when we had those 14.4K Hayes modems and 64-kbps ISDN seemed like science fiction. Now I have 120 MBPS optic fiber at work, 6 MBps at home and fiber for home seems more affordable every day.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: