Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:39:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFOCOIN Relaunched  (Read 3214 times)
Graphicola (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:19:15 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 10:57:19 AM by Graphicola

Edited, stay tuned!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

I don't even know what to say about this.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:23:54 PM

I don't even know what to say about this.

well how about shut ur mouth and buy some NEM?

Graphicola (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:27:41 PM

For those whom may make the false assumption that UFOCOIN is a scam, let me clarify our intentions.
We merely took a dead coin that was abandoned by developers and rehashed it to serve an industry. No one is forcing you to mine it, buy it or partake of it. We are merely respectfully informing those whom may be interested of its relaunch and nothing more.

Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:28:54 PM

For those whom may make the false assumption that UFOCOIN is a scam, let me clarify our intentions.
We merely took a dead coin that was abandoned by developers and rehashed it to serve an industry. No one is forcing you to mine it, buy it or partake of it. We are merely respectfully informing those whom may be interested of its relaunch and nothing more.

Thanks for your development. Without people moving coins forward after they abandoned a lot of people will be upset with the crypto community as a whole.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:06:58 AM

Man this is an interesting coin I'll have to look into more closely.  With all the FUD coins these days it's easy to over look the coins they maybe have some chance of getting a good community and development team.  For now I reserve judgement and say good luck with the project.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:44:47 AM

Grin

Cryptostats.es
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:42:36 PM

This is amazing news!

I know Peter Bushnell from the Feathercoin days and I would love to help promote UFOCoin more widely (I have quite a few myself too).

I can offer PR with my service at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services

Please keep me updated on the progress of the relaunched UFOCoin!

Are my UFOCoins safe as they are or do I need to download the new wallet to use them?

EDIT: Also does the coin have new specs? To make it a real success it needs to switch to a popular mining algorthm like X11 and perhaps even add some small monthly PoS such as 1% a month to reward holders and help secure the network. Most Scrypt PoW coins are dying please consider switching to X11 asap for the longevity of the coin! We will get a lot more miners that way too Smiley
Graphicola (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:06:49 PM

Coin Spec & Security Features

Proof of Work mining
    Rewards of 5000 Coins every 90 Seconds
    Maximum of 4 Billion total coins
    Scrypt  (Soon to be NeoScrypt)
    Nite Gravity Well re-targeting
    Time Warp safe
    Advanced Check Pointing 51% Resistance
    Client wallet updated to the latest Litecoin version

We are working on making it Asic Resistant in the near future.

We would love any assistance in further promoting the coin, we will have some great bounties coming soon.
Please download the latest wallet immediately since it is far more secure now. You can reach me direct at george@gm64.us.
We have put a lot of time and money revamping this coin and there are more surprises for the initial coin in the near future.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:08:28 PM

Coin Spec & Security Features

Proof of Work mining
    Rewards of 5000 Coins every 90 Seconds
    Maximum of 4 Billion total coins
    Scrypt  (Soon to be NeoScrypt)
    Nite Gravity Well re-targeting
    Time Warp safe
    Advanced Check Pointing 51% Resistance
    Client wallet updated to the latest Litecoin version

We are working on making it Asic Resistant in the near future.

We would love any assistance in further promoting the coin, we will have some great bounties coming soon.
Please download the latest wallet immediately since it is far more secure now. You can reach me direct at george@gm64.us.
We have put a lot of time and money revamping this coin and there are more surprises for the initial coin in the near future.

This is a very good coin. I feel it might overtake the bitcoin.

Graphicola (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

This is a very good coin. I feel it might overtake the bitcoin.

We feel that is highly unlikely that it would overtake Bitcoin, we hope not. Since that is not something we have intentions nor truly care to do. BItcoin is the great papa don, the originator and receives our undying respect.

UFOcoin was revamped in order to cater to the Scifi/UFO multibillion dollar industry, to become the official currency for that related market where individuals who were interested in Cosplay, Gaming, SciFi, Comic Cons, ufology, the paranormal and/or anything related to that area of interest would be covered.

If the coin reaches a new height we would be elated that as many individuals who could prosper from it, could and would. Our intention for this coin was not about monetary gains, but rather held a more profound meaning in our hearts. We envisioned the coin as something that could possibly change the industry itself, a coin which would give those who have little options an option. A coin that would do more good and benefit for the overall whole of humanity than a mere few. We want this coin to last and have meaning not to be pumped and dumped, because we have huge plans for it.

As I always say, if your intentione are true and righteous and you have love and positivity in your heart. When you love the world, the world indeed shall love you back. What people fail to comprehend is that it is our Thoughts, Actions and Reactions that indeed manifest our future good or bad. Sometimes we have to do what we can to better the whole, because united we can make miracles happen for the greater good of all, divided we do nothing.

~ George
watchtheskies

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

I have the domain UFOfoundation.org and I can donate it to you for use if you like Smiley

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
Graphicola (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:42:10 AM

That would be awesome, thank you. However I would kindly give you some UFOCoins for it Smiley
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

If you guys are legit, I will start a CSETI fund and hereby pledge 120,000 UFO. (for starters)

C3u6HAX9NgzbrTppKEhSCkMgYM9Ymv6TvE (this addy will be replaced by one starting in CE5.. as soon as I find it. Grin )

http://www.cseti.org/ce5.htm

http://www.siriusdisclosure.com/about-us/

Sirius ---> http://youtu.be/MD9uX9dBuGA  Shocked

sesko

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:27:16 AM

Do you consider adding coin to any exchange?
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:49:35 AM

I was approached by a couple of hard core members of UFO to work on their coin. I actually really like the guys and the coin so I decided to go whole hog sort of thing and make their client into a much better release. It was 0.6 but I have updated them to a 0.8 client with all the bells and whistles and we are hard forking in a couple of weeks time to secure the blockchain against attacks. From there we plan to change the hashing algorithm to the newest version of Scrypt called NeoScrypt. This will use the latest components available and will be a 2014 version of Scrypt, not the very old and broken one used currently. When I say broken I mean by differential analysis which is why we see cheap ASICs coming out without RAM, as it is broken the protection afforded by variable N coins is redundant.

Further technical information

Now, this thread does jump the gun a bit. We added a new member to the group yesterday and he has posted everything before we were ready, we did not intend to restart with such a plain text first post. Oh well here we go. We will put another thread up later today. The members who apporahced me have put a lot of time into UFO coin and really believe in what they can do with it. Their enthusiasm and ambition is what drew me to this project and I am in a position to do the technical work for this project. If you want to grab the source and take a look at the work or compile a copy of this coin please go to GitHub below.

UFO Coin GitHub Source

Here are a couple of clients that I made earlier with all the usual bells and whistles compiled into them.

Windows Installer
Mac Client (DMG)

Keep an eye out for the official launch thread. Graphicola is not going to be part of the team, as I said he came on yesterday and has gone ahead with this without anyone being prepared. Such a shame that someone would do this when so many other have put in hundreds of hours of work combined.

daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:22:57 AM

LOL Who are you Graphicola? Why are you doing this, buddy? Why dont you leave the announcements to the UFO team members? Smiley

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
griffitsj

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:26:50 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 09:51:52 AM by griffitsj

Just came across this thread.  I have been a long term supporter of UFO Coin and have run a public node 168.61.90.60 for the last few months.  Last time I checked it was the only public node still working.

What is this new wallet that is being recommended to download.  I am skeptical, but also hopeful of this revival.  Until I see some official announcements and source code commits I won't be downloading anything.

I checked the ufocoin.co site and it has all the details.  Found the source and it's bushstar's repo so I'm convinced.  This looks great
Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:45:57 AM

If you guys need logo, I could create it for you. I'm graphic designer with 3 years experience so there is my logo portfolio. I feel that this coin going to be big thing so want to help you. Give me an answer if you will be interested. http://logopond.com/members/profile/showcase/112166
daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:57:12 PM

If you guys need logo, I could create it for you. I'm graphic designer with 3 years experience so there is my logo portfolio. I feel that this coin going to be big thing so want to help you. Give me an answer if you will be interested. http://logopond.com/members/profile/showcase/112166

Why? dont you like our current logo? Smiley

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: