Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:21:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New sp30  (Read 660 times)
kaqpaq (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

hello i am new to the world of mining and had a few questions.

if i buy an sp30 do i need to buy special software to run it or can i use free software like the smaller miners run.

Do i need a special computer to run the sp30 of will any computer do.

I would also like to hear from anyone who actually has an sp30 and can verify its functionability and any probs they have had as there is no returns.

And is it possible to run 5.6 th/s or do i need special hosting for that or can i do it by myself in a pool.

i would like to know any other hidden cost that may arise after i buy the machine.

I have an over full-time job and a 3yo so not all the time in the world for research so any help is appreciated.

i just do want to think oh 4000 dollars okay and have it cost 10k cause thats all i got.

k gotta get back to researching ty for any help.
DotSauce

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:00:41 AM

I'm interested in getting one too. It's $5095 for delivery in September.

You don't need any software, hardware or additional setup. You should be able to plugin your miner and follow the setup guide, I think it's very simple like typing a web address.

The problem you will encounter is the noise. the SP-10 is notoriously very loud, the SP-30 will essentially be twice as loud with 2x the power supply unless they address this problem.

It will run 6 TH/s all for you in whatever pool you choose whether you have them host it or host yourself. Hope this helps.
ElectricSavant

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:06:03 PM

I am interest to solve the noise problem also. I emailed Guy at Spondoolies and asked him if I could remove the case and run it with bigger fans with the case off...and he replied with a one-word answer "No".

ElectricSavant™
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:41:16 AM

Spoondolies has a very dense aka crowded setup. It needs to have the case to direct the air around the cards. There was talk about a mod of some sort to quiet the fans on the sp10 perhaps if the mod is finished/ if possible even it will work on the sp30. One other option might be to investigate the brand of fans and their cfm and perhaps be able to replace them with quieter fans with the same of higher cfm of course.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: