Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Game (NEW IDEA)  (Read 2330 times)
Captian8Ball (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:31:58 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 04:32:08 PM by Captian8Ball

BETA TESTING

click below for more details about this project!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694396.0

Hi guys, Ive been thinking for a few days. Wouldn't it be fun if there was a bitcoin trading game which is based strictly on rumors/ chat rooms.

So the concept is there are about 20 different 'companies' to trade buy/sell and instead of big banks and hedge funds driving the price where ever they please it will be just the bitcoin community.

Pros:
There wont be any banks/ hedge funds trying to close your trade by going short or long (just like in real life)
Its a fun way to earn money
A lot more fair than the real stock market because your small investments will make the price move
All based on rumors word of mouth etc

Cons:
There aren't no real cons apart from those guys who strictly like the stock market, there arent any real stocks in the game.

Features
chat rooms
user friendly interface
Leaderboard competitions for the users who make the most in a week,
an aspect of provable fair to assure fairness
more to come..
new rooms (rumors and updates on companies will be posted there)
earnings reports (funds gained from fees will be pumped back into the system to help keep stocks volatile this will be on a weekly basis)

How do we make money
We will be making money from the fees we charge per trade. it will not be any higher than 0.5%(still to be discussed). The fee will also be pumped back into the site to help volatility.  

I will be updating this thread in the next couple of days. Would love to get some feedback on this new idea.

Thanks.
BetMoose

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 06:50:52 AM

This sounds exactly like trading bitcoin.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:17:55 AM

This is like trading any other instrument but this platform will give the smaller guys (us) a better change to make money.
BetMoose

Activity: 372

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:23:30 AM

This is like trading any other instrument but this platform will give the smaller guys (us) a better change to make money.

No I mean what's the difference between doing this via this game instead of just trading bitcoin on an exchange..

Anyway here are 2 suggestions;
1. Make a provably fair thing where players must react to shocks and stuff with some degree of variance (that'll be your house edge)
2. Make this a user-driven thing where players impact each other; but by doing that you're just going to eventually attract one whale that will eat up the other guys.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:52:17 AM

No I mean what's the difference between doing this via this game instead of just trading bitcoin on an exchange..

Anyway here are 2 suggestions;
1. Make a provably fair thing where players must react to shocks and stuff with some degree of variance (that'll be your house edge)
2. Make this a user-driven thing where players impact each other; but by doing that you're just going to eventually attract one whale that will eat up the other guys.

Thanks for the suggestion.. There will defiantly be some sort of provable fair.. also some limitations to the maximum someone can invest to assure a fair chance to all users..

Any more suggestions im happy to hear.

Thanks
Ninietz

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:00:54 AM

Set it up and keep us posted, it might work
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:36:46 PM

I'm sorry, but still I didn't get your new game idea, could please elaborate more.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

I'm sorry, but still I didn't get your new game idea, could please elaborate more.

Are you familiar with stock trading or forex trading?? Basically the stock market and how it works. its the same concept just editing out all the big guy who have a lot of money to make the market move where ever they want.
joshraban76

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:24:41 PM

Are you familiar with stock trading or forex trading?? Basically the stock market and how it works. its the same concept just editing out all the big guy who have a lot of money to make the market move where ever they want.

I got, what you want to say their won't be any whales or sharks who is controlling the market.

It's community driven by ONLY the bitcoin community members. Right ?

Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:31:11 PM

I got, what you want to say their won't be any whales or sharks who is controlling the market.

Exactly, also there will be a limit to how much one person can invest to keep it fair. 
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:37:01 PM

I don't understand how the price of the companies in the game would be determined (unless you actually track real companies?)

I've played similar games based on actual companies with ''imaginary BTC''
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:42:50 PM

So if i get this right, its a trading game at heart rite, based around BTC??

Or we just talking about a pure stock trading game??
joshraban76

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:04:22 PM

Exactly, also there will be a limit to how much one person can invest to keep it fair. 

To be honest, I raise the hat for you.

I like it so much, and the many people around here asking about investing, they can invest in it.

What are you thinking about in the next step ?

Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

I don't understand how the price of the companies in the game would be determined (unless you actually track real companies?)

I've played similar games based on actual companies with ''imaginary BTC''

The companies will not be real companies.. just instruments for users to trade on. if i was to include real stocks then it wouldnt be a game anymore.
so far the only feature is the chat rooms.. more feautres will be added and also when we have generated some funds from fees we will openup a news room section with rumors etc of where we might pumps our fund into etc..
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:27:19 PM

So if i get this right, its a trading game at heart rite, based around BTC??

Or we just talking about a pure stock trading game??

yes, its a trading game based on btc. The only payment gatway atm is Bitcoins.. maybe in the further future other coins will be added but no fiat. We are trying to help build the bitcoin community and accepting fiat will just slow it down.
Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

I like it so much, and the many people around here asking about investing, they can invest in it.

joshraban76

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

Ya, where is your post ?

Waiting to continue this discussion.

Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:52:08 PM

Ya, where is your post ?

Waiting to continue this discussion.
oh sorry, never knew it never sent.

so the next possible steps include the following..
-generated fees from trades will be injected back to the platform. That being said the funds will be used to pump back funds into random companies..
-a news section with news posts/ rumors to help keep volatility..

im also open to hearing your ideas..
joshraban76

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:14:09 PM

No problem.

Your next steps seems OK.

Currently I don't have any ideas, I just want to see the idea turned from paper and brainstorming, to an active service Smiley

Captian8Ball (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:21:20 PM

No problem.

Your next steps seems OK.

Currently I don't have any ideas, I just want to see the idea turned from paper and brainstorming, to an active service Smiley

Im currently working on it Smiley

i will be doing a beta version soon.. would you like to take part?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: