Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to brute force the second password at Blockchain.info's wallet?  (Read 1358 times)
ruthless09 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

Hi guys, I have recently managed to lock myself out of my wallet. I remember my main password, but I can't remember the second password for my life. Is there a way to bruteforce it?
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:33:28 PM

All you need is your wallet.aes.json file.  Should have been emailed to you. You can create a new account and import your private keys.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:36:15 PM

As far as I know you can import the wallet file into any bitcoin wallet and it will work.

The second password for blockchain.info is only to spend BTC on blockchain.info only.
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

All you need is your wallet.aes.json file.  Should have been emailed to you. You can create a new account and import your private keys.

You would still need your 2nd password to match when you import your keys, otherwise they will not import.

You can brute force the 2nd password the same way you would brute force any other password, by trying any possible password that you may have used. You should not have a limit as to how many attempts that you may try.

If you have a backup of your wallet prior to when you set your 2nd password then you can import those keys, although it may not be up to date with all of the keys of your current wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:34:24 PM

for any noobs using blockchain.info. use this example above as a lesson....

1. dont rely on third parties to look after your privkeys... BACK THEM UP
2. if you cant remember a password, your not going to remember a privkey so.. BACK THEM UP
3. if you ever lose a third party password, be in a position where it doesnt matter because you.. BACKED IT UP
4. if you think you dont need to back up your stuff bcause your too smart to forget things.. BACK IT UP
5. if the only store of your privkeys is on a third party service .. BACK IT UP.

summary: BACK IT UP

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:09:36 AM

As far as I know you can import the wallet file into any bitcoin wallet and it will work.

The second password for blockchain.info is only to spend BTC on blockchain.info only.
Right, use multibit

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:32:31 AM

Right, use multibit

If you are to get these keys in a useable format you will need both the "wallet" password and the 2nd password.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: