Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3 Keeps resetting itself  (Read 2131 times)
MR2Jay (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:22:33 AM

Good Morning Guys

I wish my first post wasn't a "problem" post but like so many, I found your site looking for some rhyme or reason as to the behaviour of my nice new Antminer S3+ (batch 9)

Set it up last night and all was good - hashing away at about 430-450 Gh/s as expected. Came to look at it this morning and is seems to be cuttin out all together, suddenly coming back to life as the right speed then 10 minutes later dropping off to zero before restarting again. This is after about 12 hours continuous running if that helps?

Now, I also have an Antminer S1 running and another S3 running elsewhere, both of which are behaving as they should which rules out the mining pool. I know the configuration within the unit must be right or it wouldn't be mining at all which again, rules that out.

I have this set up with an Aerocool Intergrator 600W +80W PSU (http://www.yoyotech.co.uk//600w-aerocool-integrator-psu-12cm-black-fan-active-pfc-tw-caps-acp-i600hg?var=17061&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=purenet_feed&gclid=CjwKEAjwk_OhBRD06abu3qSoxlwSJACt7sZ7tSqC2-7sGpNzjoxnE81zZt-dVNcJPLOx-qGd8E5SPRoCLN3w_wcB) using the daisy chained connector. Could this be causing an abnormal load on the PSU? Would it work better if the individual plugs were used?

I am also hardwired into an Ethernet Hub so no wireless connection issues.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I need to get this running properly obviously?

Thanks
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:41:54 AM

Good Morning Guys

I wish my first post wasn't a "problem" post but like so many, I found your site looking for some rhyme or reason as to the behaviour of my nice new Antminer S3+ (batch 9)

Set it up last night and all was good - hashing away at about 430-450 Gh/s as expected. Came to look at it this morning and is seems to be cuttin out all together, suddenly coming back to life as the right speed then 10 minutes later dropping off to zero before restarting again. This is after about 12 hours continuous running if that helps?

Now, I also have an Antminer S1 running and another S3 running elsewhere, both of which are behaving as they should which rules out the mining pool. I know the configuration within the unit must be right or it wouldn't be mining at all which again, rules that out.

I have this set up with an Aerocool Intergrator 600W +80W PSU (http://www.yoyotech.co.uk//600w-aerocool-integrator-psu-12cm-black-fan-active-pfc-tw-caps-acp-i600hg?var=17061&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=purenet_feed&gclid=CjwKEAjwk_OhBRD06abu3qSoxlwSJACt7sZ7tSqC2-7sGpNzjoxnE81zZt-dVNcJPLOx-qGd8E5SPRoCLN3w_wcB) using the daisy chained connector. Could this be causing an abnormal load on the PSU? Would it work better if the individual plugs were used?

I am also hardwired into an Ethernet Hub so no wireless connection issues.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I need to get this running properly obviously?

Thanks

PSU should be ok as its a single rail so should have no issues no matter if your using one or two cables. I am wondering what the temp on the miner is getting up to? You can see the temp on the status page.

You would be better to post this on the S3 thread than start a new one. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.0
MR2Jay (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Thanks for the reply - I'm in work at the moment so can't interrogate the unit but I'll try that when I get back.

I have purposefully positioned it so it has a clear air path all around (I work in building services so understand that in order to maximise cooling, there needs to be open air around all sides, similar to a water to air heat exhanger).

It is just baffling me why it would effectively shut off, restart and run fine for 10 minutes before repeating the process.

I'll copy this into the S3 thread (didn't know it existed - oops - newbie alert Wink)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: