Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minings pool selection of GHash IO 90% of our customers  (Read 1120 times)
808Mining (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:54:06 PM

We are a new mining contract provider.
With the recent 51% issue we are wondering how we can respond to customers selection of GHash IO as their pool

As many of our clients are new to bitcoin and bitcoin mining we are notifying our current and past customers of the threat to the community.

Event though our efforts will have minimal effect on the total hash rate, we feel by informing new miners of the issue they are much more aware and educated about the mining industry.

http://808Mining.com

Lease your miner and get paid @GhashForCash.com | Buy Mining contract @808Mining.com
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:25:19 PM

Have you considered starting your own pool to point client rentals at?

Anyway, for users that wish to use anything at ghash.io, it's really your judgment call as to whether they are a risk. If they are, don't allow them. Otherwise, when people select them as the pool, you could have them check a checkbox that they understand that directing power there is increasing their mining power share, yada yada.
808Mining (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:00:59 PM

Have you considered starting your own pool to point client rentals at?

Anyway, for users that wish to use anything at ghash.io, it's really your judgment call as to whether they are a risk. If they are, don't allow them. Otherwise, when people select them as the pool, you could have them check a checkbox that they understand that directing power there is increasing their mining power share, yada yada.
Starting our own pool is something we did not consider. From what I understand CEX.io require their users to use GHash.io.

I do like the point your made about informing the customer and a checkbox. Thanks for the suggestion.

As you point out the customer purchased the contract with intentions of mining to "Their" pool.
Thank you for the feedback and suggestion.
We appreciate your input.
-James

Lease your miner and get paid @GhashForCash.com | Buy Mining contract @808Mining.com
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:41:43 PM

I guess it depends on how much of a stand you wish to take against GHash/Cex.  If you just refuse to support them, you can simply block access from your data center to those sites and refuse to let miners connect.  Lay it out in your TOS with your customers that you do not support GHash/Cex and will not allow traffic from any miners you host to flow to/from those pools.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
sconklin321

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

Orjinal üyelik ToRiKaN banlanalı asır ol

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:00:21 AM

Yeah, you're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place there.  On one hand, you could flat out tell customers that they can't point their mining to ghash.io.  On the other hand, you are running a business and risk losing the business of those who would hash there.  It really is a tough call, I guess the best suggestion in my opinion was to run your own pool.  I don't know what your total hashing power is, but that is probably the best solution, in my opinion.

- Orjinal Üyelik Eski Banlanmış ToRiKaN -

https://youtube.com/c/KriptoParatoner

www twitter.com/torikan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: