Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: this guy is an idiot lock this up  (Read 737 times)
iflewtoday32 (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:06:36 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 11:40:45 PM by iflewtoday32

I'm new no collatoral red flags bl ah I get it lock this thread

Signature space for sale
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:09:46 PM

This isn't going to work for a loan. If you don't pay it back, once someone has your ID, what can they really do with it, beyond waving it meaninglessly? They could damage you with it, but they wouldn't get back a loss if they incurred one.

Same with a proof that you're going to be getting money soon. Just because you have a proof that you're getting it doesn't imply that you are guaranteed to pay it back.

Nothing personal, anyway. We just have to be careful here.
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

I figured giving my complete access to my id , Facebook, which is over 7 years old and especially my university email would give someone at least a good bit of comfort loaning me out.

Signature space for sale
rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:17:22 PM

Well, say Joe Smith loans you the funds, and then you never pay back? What would he do with your university email and Facebook? They don't really carry very much value to getting paid back, although that value is determined by the eye of the person loaning you coins.

Although it depends on the situation, collateral is usually a different cryptocurrency (altcoin) with similar value. It is returned once the loan is paid off successfully.
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:22:58 PM

Ic. I offered my university email because if someone alerted my school and showed them I was committing fraud online, while using my university issued email, I would at the very least be facing a year suspension or expulsion and I'm going into my senior year. Pretty huge deterrent for me.

Signature space for sale
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:56:28 PM

Collateral is not exactly a "blackmail" item that can "make sure" the fellow pays up. That's just too much trouble. It needs to be easily resold if you default. So unless the fb account or the university mail id is a hot property that can be sold at a whim, its not exactly a collateral. Plus it doesn't help one bit that "you know you're a newbie" here and decide to make a new account to ask for the loan. Nothing more red flaggy than that Smiley

Try BTCJam or BitLendingClub... they kinda have a system where all your ID and fb account are all steps forward in verification and adding credibility... adding to the success of getting a loan. It doesn't work here  Roll Eyes

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

I hear what you're saying bud. Thanks!

Signature space for sale
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:22:30 PM

No collateral, no trust, no loan. That's the standard protocol here.
Please lock this thread and seek your loan elsewhere.
Anyway, you didn't even mention why you need the loan and how you would pay back.
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

If there was an interested backer I would have told him and shown him that my $1800 financial aid eefund check was sent on June 13 and would have provided him with access to that account which confirms that. It will dd in my account this week.

Signature space for sale
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:32:56 PM

No collateral, equals no loan. Even if you swear on the Devil's Name, that's still not a guarantee.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:35:10 PM

This user PMed me asking for a loan.  Big Red Flag Grin 
Hey OP, wait just a little over a week, and you'll get your funds, interest free.  Easy, thread closed. Smiley
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:37:58 PM

Maybe a red flag that I am new to the site and was unaware that sending a pm about a loan to a guy who has a thread giving loans somehow sends off a red flag. Why not just explain in the pm instead of regurgitating everything else thar was alreasy said here . Wow

Signature space for sale
byt411

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:47:20 PM

Maybe a red flag that I am new to the site and was unaware that sending a pm about a loan to a guy who has a thread giving loans somehow sends off a red flag. Why not just explain in the pm instead of regurgitating everything else thar was alreasy said here . Wow

If you had the ability to read the stickies, you would understand that newbie + no collateral + loan request = negative feedback.
Also, before raging and insulting others, you would see that it was Vod the one that gave you negative feedback, and not monbux.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

Because we expect you to devote some time in this forum, learn the basics, before taking actions as big as requesting a loan.
I understand that you were new and did not know, but like byt mentioned, did you even care to read the stickies?

Yes, I keep everything public regarding loan requests, this allows the community to review the request, instead of conducting a deal fully through PM.  That's how scams sometimes occur.
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

If you had the ability to read the stickies, you would understand that newbie + no collateral + loan request = negative feedback.
Also, before raging and insulting others, you would see that it was Vod the one that gave you negative feedback, and not monbux.

No insult was said by me

Signature space for sale
byt411

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:27:52 AM

No insult was said by me

No, not at all, this isn't an insult at all.
"this guy is an idiot lock this up"
You can lock this thread via the button at the bottom right corner of the page.
iflewtoday32 (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:16:31 AM

No insult was said by me

No, not at all, this isn't an insult at all.
"this guy is an idiot lock this up"
You can lock this thread via the button at the bottom right corner of the page.

Oh I called myself an idiot for not reading the rules and going through correct procedure. I hope I didn't hurt my feelings.

Signature space for sale
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: