Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:53:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More shopfronts accepting BTC in Australia  (Read 639 times)
Cranky4u (OP)

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:22:56 AM

Another chain of Australian shops are accepting BTC as an over the counter payment alternative. A sandwhich bar  franchise in Melbourne, Australia, accepts BTC and offers discounts for BTC only transactions.

http://www.coindesk.com/sandwich-shop-hero-subs-melbournes-first-accept-bitcoin/

Feeling the vibe, I am going to campaign for a national modelling shop (tanks, sci-fi ,etc not bikinis) to start accepting BTC.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

It really turns me on when I hear about new places not only accepting BTC but also giving discounts for using it. Lots of women like to have shopping savers tags on their keychains or do the coupon clipping routine so this  discount/coinbase thing should really sell crypto on the ones that do the shopping. Wink
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:07 AM

This is just great. More places like this, where ppl come every day will see BTC sign and at least aks themselves: "wtf is this" and google it up and some percent will get int ot for reason or two. More merchants, even those that sell BTC that was used in stransaction trough bitpay or similar, better BTC acceptance, which in long run means better price for us all.

Cranky4u (OP)

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:00:58 AM

I go to Melbourne for work every ~3 months and the shop is just around the corner from the main CBD location I go to. I will be purchasing a few lunches from them using BTC.

Will post on the forum when it happens...

doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:51:25 AM

We helped setup a coinkite terminal at Kobblers, Bardon Brisbane too.  And Orea cafe on Anne Street, Brisbane now takes BTC.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:59:51 AM

This is cool.   I haven't seen any storefronts publicly showing that they accept BTC in CA yet.   I was just in Vegas a few weeks ago, and I know that a few places are now accepting BTC there, but did not see any store fronts.   Have always wanted to travel to Australia, but have not had a chance to yet...
nickgaff

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:03:52 AM

Thats awsome.
Im closer to Sydney any good shops there accepting the BTC.
illymoka

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:14:57 AM

I was about to buy from digideals, but they charged %5 surcharge for bitcoin, less for credit card
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: