Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help for Mining farm setup  (Read 1353 times)
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:23:27 AM

HI there i am new to the crypto minning. got following equipment and any help/guideance will be appreciate in setting it up Smiley thanks,

20 USB Antminer 2Ghs each
    1 Gridseed infinity 8G+300K Scrypt/Asci miner
    1 Rockminer R-Box 40 Ghs Asci Miner
    1 Raspberry Pi
    2 - 10 post USB hubs with 5amp Ps each
    1 - 20 port industrial grade USB hum
    4 - USB fans
    3 - PCI-e barrel shape connectors
    1- PSU 1000w

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:26:28 AM

Here is the proper sequence:

1. Learn what the hell the bitcoin mining network is all about and do lots of research.

2. THEN you can go buy stuff.

You did it backwards.  Read and learn.
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:54:02 AM

Here is the proper sequence:

1. Learn what the hell the bitcoin mining network is all about and do lots of research.

2. THEN you can go buy stuff.

You did it backwards.  Read and learn.

bro why you are getting angry, sorry if i woke u up from deep sleep Smiley

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

HI there i am new to the crypto minning. got following equipment and any help/guideance will be appreciate in setting it up Smiley thanks,

1 Raspberry Pi
    4 - USB fans
    1- PSU 1000w

Well just plug them up and start mining, what type of guide do you need? Buy a nice metal shelf maybe? Smiley
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

1 Raspberry Pi
    4 - USB fans
    1- PSU 1000w

Well just plug them up and start mining, what type of guide do you need? Buy a nice metal shelf maybe? Smiley

Thanks man for your reply problem which i have now is the computer on which i have to run mining software

I have only one raspberrypi, is there anyway i run all of the above mentioned ASCI stuff with it or do i have to run different mining software for each set ON different system

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 02:58:43 PM

Well, your rPi has only 2 USB ports.  So... at best you're going to have to chain the hubs together.  I'm not sure about the RBox support, but it's probably there.  I'd say plug everything in, fire up your miner of choice on the rPi, pass it the proper parameters and see what happens.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:26:53 PM

Well, your rPi has only 2 USB ports.  So... at best you're going to have to chain the hubs together.  I'm not sure about the RBox support, but it's probably there.  I'd say plug everything in, fire up your miner of choice on the rPi, pass it the proper parameters and see what happens.

yeah this what i thought; now googling mining software which will support both asci and scrypt devices on raspberrypi .

any advise Lips sealed

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:49:16 AM

Not Asci- Sha.

And I don't think there's software that will support the R-box, the antminers and the Gridseeds.

I'd use minepeon for the SHA (Bitcoin) stuff. You might have to compile your own miner program to use the R-boxes though I hear official support is in the latest build of CGminer

For the Scrypt units I'd use Minera, unless you're dead-set on dual-mining with them, in which case use hashra.

But you should get another raspberry pi. You should be able to find this for less than $30.
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:57:19 AM

Not Asci- Sha.

And I don't think there's software that will support the R-box, the antminers and the Gridseeds.

I'd use minepeon for the SHA (Bitcoin) stuff. You might have to compile your own miner program to use the R-boxes though I hear official support is in the latest build of CGminer

For the Scrypt units I'd use Minera, unless you're dead-set on dual-mining with them, in which case use hashra.

But you should get another raspberry pi. You should be able to find this for less than $30.

thanks for correcting me to SHA256 :)and your advise on minepeon

i tested rockminer on windows and it worked very well. any leads for $30 pi

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

Not Asci- Sha.

thanks for correcting me to SHA256 :)and your advise on minepeon

i tested rockminer on windows and it worked very well. any leads for $30 pi
http://www.microcenter.com/product/414588/Raspberry_Pi_Model_B
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: