Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sexual violence in UK gangs 'similar to war zones' according to BBC  (Read 3571 times)
niothor (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:13:06 AM

While browsing through newspapers I run across this one:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27815220
Why sexual violence in UK gangs 'similar to war zones'

Just the title was enough to make me curios about it.

London has more than 200 gangs made up of about 3,500 members, according to the latest estimate by the Metropolitan Police.
Some of those involved are girls, but they have a different role from the male gang members, says Lola Mustapha, youth ambassador for the Safer London Foundation.
"They're not really fighting, they are being sexually exploited and used as tools," she says.
In many cases, she adds, "a gang might kidnap and rape the girlfriend or sister of a rival to punish him

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/lola-mustapha/51/282/b08

I want to know the opinions of a few UK residents on this.
If this is true and you have heard of so many cases or it's just another article to drive clicks or this girl "Lola" wanting to make the headlines.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:53:06 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:16:10 AM by Lethn

It depends, if you go to the shit hole chav estates, you certainly could find this to be true, by that I mean areas where there are definitely gangs operating which you can tell by how run down everything is, but almost every news outlet in the UK including the BBC is guilty of constantly reporting these kind of stories, if you went by what the media say you'd think that that everybody here was a potential murderer because they constantly post murder stories up but in reality most people here just get on with their lives.

London for example is definitely what I'd class as a shit hole, it's an overpriced shit hole with some nice areas in it but it's not surprising that there are a bunch of gangs there, I live in a shit hole and I repeatedly have to dodge police cars, so stuff clearly happens, but most of the time people just randomly start fights with each other and so on rather than anything serious, they are a waste of space though and they do nothing but constantly try to harass random people and cause trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIdrMclltu4 - This is the kind of thing you tend to see as opposed to real violence, chavs tend to pick on the weak or rely on numbers but if you actually stick up for yourself they're pretty cowardly, note how run down the area is these are the places the gangs operate.

The only other place I know of that has 'organised' gangs are places like Manchester where they actually have access to guns, don't know who's supplying them though or where they come from, I think they keep it a secret, there was an old article I saw on this by the BBC and a gang member was interviewed who said it was actually easy to get them.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:33:59 AM

It wouldn't be shocking. In the U.S we have gangstas (I'm not limiting it to a specific ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, or basically anything) or trashy people. The U.K has chavs, which are basically a bit better than the U.S' punks.

In the U.S, I think gang activity is a bit worse. Gun shots in neighborhoods, killing kids to get back at a rival gang, hit and runs, etc.

It wouldn't be hard to believe in the U.K things like this happen. They happen in the U.S too, just on a bit of a worse scale in some cases.
247crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:59:26 AM

While browsing through newspapers

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/  LOL

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:38:29 PM

The media isn't reporting it and the government isn't stopping it because the perpetrators are muslim.

"In organised gangs, men groomed girls they met on the street. Most of the offenders were of Pakistani origin and most of the victims were white"

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article2863078.ece

Nine muslim men controlled six young English girls in Oxford:

“She frequently caught chlamydia. She was often covered in bruises and burns where the men had stubbed her with cigarettes.”

http://www.cherwell.org/news/town/2013/01/20/oxford-sex-ring-trial-begins

"He admitted the caller’s number had not been checked and said: “I cannot even remember if I informed police of that conversation.”

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/bullfinch/10256213.Care_staff____knew_girl_was_being_groomed___/

There are more examples, but I don't enjoy researching rape.  The situation looks like a war because it is a war.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:44:08 PM

3,500 gang members in london? that's probably equivalent to a small city in the U.S.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:00:25 AM

3,500 gang members in london? that's probably equivalent to a small city in the U.S.

That is probably an under-estimation. There are some 2,500 gang members in the Tower Hamlets alone, divided in to 27 street gangs (Tower Hamlets is just one out of the 32 Boroughs of London).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/east-londons-bangladeshi-street-gangs-agree-to-truce-1174983.html
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:10:41 AM

Good thing guns are banned, someone might be injured trying to rape you. It's just not safe.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:02:09 PM

Good thing guns are banned, someone might be injured trying to rape you. It's just not safe.

lol It's actually quite notable how gun control advocates stay away from issues like this.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

The solution to this is liquidate 3 -6 gang members everyday and the rest will run away. This is happen to my City, when the gang members become a problem to business owners, the business owners financed a vigilante group with the sole job is to locate and kill every gang members. Our City became peaceful until now.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:24:11 PM

The solution to this is liquidate 3 -6 gang members everyday and the rest will run away. This is happen to my City, when the gang members become a problem to business owners, the business owners financed a vigilante group with the sole job is to locate and kill every gang members. Our City became peaceful until now.

I think I've heard of that happening somewhere before, except it was rebel groups the business owners financed because the government were corrupt.
jaberwock
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

I think I've heard of that happening somewhere before, except it was rebel groups the business owners financed because the government were corrupt.

Here in my country the rebel hit squad mostly kills corrupt police, politician and rebel traitors.
The vigilante is another group mainly kills drug syndicate and gang members.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:37:01 PM

When the pigs take your ability to defend yourself and refuse to defend you.. what do you expect?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:56:24 PM

The solution to this is liquidate 3 -6 gang members everyday and the rest will run away.

95% of the gang members in London are non-British. There are Somalis, Poles, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, West Indians, Russians, Arabs, and even Cypriots. If a gang member is killed, then the extreme-left will claim that the government is trying to exterminate the ethnic minorities.
jaberwock
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:22:28 PM

The solution to this is liquidate 3 -6 gang members everyday and the rest will run away.

95% of the gang members in London are non-British. There are Somalis, Poles, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, West Indians, Russians, Arabs, and even Cypriots. If a gang member is killed, then the extreme-left will claim that the government is trying to exterminate the ethnic minorities.

That made it easier. Anyone who complain will be included. That is no brainier.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:09:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCYHwbG0Ds0
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:28:29 AM

No weapons is good, at specially not in criminals hands. I will never understand how US can allow selling their own kids weapons, which they use only for showing off and killing innocent. I think that without them there would be less crime.

Bitcoin is DEAD
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:40:54 AM

No weapons is good, at specially not in criminals hands. I will never understand how US can allow selling their own kids weapons, which they use only for showing off and killing innocent. I think that without them there would be less crime.

Then explain why the crime rate in London (UK) is higher than that in Portland (United States). What really happening is that the gang members have access to fire-arms and use them to attack normal people, while the latter group are denied access to the same fire-arms, which they would have used to defend themselves.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:01:47 AM

Then explain why the crime rate in London (UK) is higher than that in Portland (United States). What really happening is that the gang members have access to fire-arms and use them to attack normal people, while the latter group are denied access to the same fire-arms, which they would have used to defend themselves.

aren't you comparing apples to oranges here? why are you comparing london to portland specifically? again, you're sounding like a GOP guy. people in the U.S. end up killing other people with guns way way more than they do in the UK.. not overall numbers, but per 100,000 people.

wikipedia shows:
U.S. = 3.6 deaths per 100,000 people
U.K. = .25 per 100,000 people

of all the developed nations, the U.S. is far and away the highest deaths per 100,000 people.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:19:40 AM

You can't compare the U.S to the U.K for one thing the populations are too different so of course crime rates are going to be lower because there are less people to commit them, even if you gave everybody in the UK a gun the result would still be less than the U.S purely because of land mass and the population numbers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: