Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Bitcoin Jesus’ Calls Rich to Tax-Free Tropical Paradise | #bitcoin #jesus  (Read 3617 times)
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

I think that alot of people on this board will become citizens of St. Kitts, 200k is not too big a deal for the benefits.

The nice thing with the St Kitts program is you spend the $400k to buy real estate and you can sell it again in 5 years so you are essentially investing in real estate there which may appreciate, or at least won't lose all its value and then you can get it back later.  So if you don't mind having your money tied up for 5 years, it is a good deal.  IF you are looking for that kind of thing. 

If you think about it, its just a ponzi scheme.

Btw, Roger Ver is a fraudster and scammer. The MtGox fiasco proved this. I've warned ppl on here many times b4 MtGox went south.

I can strongly say hes in it with Marks.

He may be, but the program itself is what I was speaking about. They've been doing it for 30+ years and the real estate on st kitts is comparably priced with other islands in the Caribbean, so you have some indication of the value there. 

The bitcoin and passports thing is a separate issue. :-)
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:44:33 PM

If bitcoin truly goes to the moon that island will be stuffed with bit coiners. I hope to be among them.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:53:33 PM

Eccentric Bitcoin fanatics follow their 'Jesus' to a secluded tropical cult fortress!
^^^The popular media will never try to spin this against us.  Cheesy 

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:55:40 PM

All right kids, have fun -- but please promise that you will not drink the Kool-Aid in the end.  Wink

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:28:08 AM

I think that alot of people on this board will become citizens of St. Kitts, 200k is not too big a deal for the benefits.

The nice thing with the St Kitts program is you spend the $400k to buy real estate and you can sell it again in 5 years so you are essentially investing in real estate there which may appreciate, or at least won't lose all its value and then you can get it back later.  So if you don't mind having your money tied up for 5 years, it is a good deal.  IF you are looking for that kind of thing. 

If you think about it, its just a ponzi scheme.

Btw, Roger Ver is a fraudster and scammer. The MtGox fiasco proved this. I've warned ppl on here many times b4 MtGox went south.

I can strongly say hes in it with Marks.

He may be, but the program itself is what I was speaking about. They've been doing it for 30+ years and the real estate on st kitts is comparably priced with other islands in the Caribbean, so you have some indication of the value there. 

The bitcoin and passports thing is a separate issue. :-)

If you are going to invest in that area regardless of the passport incentive then St Kitts is a great place to go. Using bitcoin would help you raise the public awareness of bitcoin (large actual transactions) however it could backfire on bitcoin by associating it with tax evasion
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:55:26 AM

...however it could backfire on bitcoin by associating it with tax evasion

(Of coarse the media can be deceptive, but...)
If you legally live in a country funded by fees and there are no taxes, then how is that "tax evasion"?

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:09:06 AM

All those damn American BTC millionaires up and defected from USSA and are held up in penthouses on a secluded island in the Caribbean. And, They never payed their fair share.
^Future leftist class warfare talking points to get the drones behind droning the new aristocrats. Grin
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:12:15 AM

All those damn American BTC millionaires up and defected from USSA and are held up in penthouses on a secluded island in the Caribbean. And, They never payed their fair share.
^Future leftist class warfare talking points to get the drones behind droning the new aristocrats. Grin

+1.   Sounds about right.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:20:22 AM

I have never tried dumpster diving, but that is one alternative way to avoid taxes.
Quite a large step down from tropical paradise, but at least the drones will not bomb me.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:25:03 AM

I have travelled to these islands with a girl that I was dating. It is absolutely amazing. But once I got there, I never wanted to leave. It would be difficult to up and move there if you ate married with kids, but if you are single, or just have a girlfriend, it would be an awesome place to move. It ID also very green worth opportunities to start businesses, are they don't have many of the businesses that most cities have.
Shibboleth

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:42:22 PM

Did not know Roger Ver was a Goldmanite ??

Did he work at Goldmans before or after he went to prison.

Or is someone  getting a little confused with Fred Ehrsam

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredehrsam
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:44:02 PM

Well now we know the 'end game' for the folks running Butterfly Labs....change citizenship and run there...(always wondered what there long term plan was)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:16:15 PM

Maybe Snowden will finally be able to travel. Perhaps we should set up a kickstarter to raise the $250k?

I don't think it's that simple. I'm pretty sure if he tries to go to most countries US agents will be waiting for him with handcuffs(and possibly worse).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:45:19 PM

I wonder what the extradition laws are like there? Maybe we can get all the criminal Bitcoiners convinced to move there starting with Karpeles. Shortly after they all arrive a mysterious ground water anthrax incident wipes out everyone on the island. How hard could it be? The island is only 18 miles long and about 5.0 miles across. Their will probably be a mysterious outbreak on Nevis too, just in case.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

They have to call them "tax havens" because if you were to call it "a country with no taxes" liberals would claim that such a place cannot exist except in Somalia.

What abort da roadsh!!?!???!!?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:17:18 AM

They have to call them "tax havens" because if you were to call it "a country with no taxes" liberals would claim that such a place cannot exist except in Somalia.

What abort da roadsh!!?!???!!?

I think the island does have taxes but only on income that is produced in the country and capital gains are not taxed.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

thats a little bit crazy Wink
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:44:26 PM

Out of interest, how many people think this article and news is beneficial for Bitcoin and it's future?
Personally, I think a lot of people in the UK would read this as "Bitcoin facilitating tax evasion. Bitcoin millionaire with lots of money encouraging other to pay money to him to avoid paying taxes."
Not sure about the U.S., but over in the UK, I think that is a bad message to be sending out, given the current witch hunt surrounding corporate tax payment over here at least
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

Also, why is paying $400k to some shady country who suggests you don't even visit them, any better than paying some shady country $340,000 who will let you stay there, provide (albeit questionably) roads, educations, social care etc?

Okay, so you can say "well this service is only for rich people who would save money" - how is that any better? "If you're rich, we'll help you prevent paying tax" - well what about all those people that need the most financial help, those who aren't rich?

I know a lot of people here are against tax, and that's fine. But I also thought people here were against the promotion of mentality "those with enough money get to join a special club where it's okay to exclude those less fortunate". How is that mentality any better than the mentality of corrupt bankers and politicians?
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:46:10 AM

Also, why is paying $400k to some shady country who suggests you don't even visit them, any better than paying some shady country $340,000 who will let you stay there, provide (albeit questionably) roads, educations, social care etc?

Okay, so you can say "well this service is only for rich people who would save money" - how is that any better? "If you're rich, we'll help you prevent paying tax" - well what about all those people that need the most financial help, those who aren't rich?

I know a lot of people here are against tax, and that's fine. But I also thought people here were against the promotion of mentality "those with enough money get to join a special club where it's okay to exclude those less fortunate". How is that mentality any better than the mentality of corrupt bankers and politicians?
You are not actually paying the 400k to the country, you are only investing 400k in the country (the OP article has people investing in real estate) and would own the investment. You only need to keep your investment for 5 years. If your investment strategy is to invest in real estate in similar places this would not be as bad of an idea.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: