Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:57:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP WANTED]Wanting to make a bitcoin site!  (Read 1408 times)
Liam W (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:09:26 PM

Hi,

I am wanting to make something (a bit like the faucet, but different), however, I am new to php and I can't get my head around how I would set everything up on my vps.

If someone knows of a newb-freindly guide, please could they post?

Better yet, could they give me some help?

Thanks,

liamwli

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 07:17:49 PM

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/PHP_developer_intro

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:21:54 PM

Thanks, but I get stopped at the first line.

How would I get the deamon?

It's a centos 5 vps.

Could someone make a yum repo?Huh?..........

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

It's a centos 5 vps.

There is no yum repo for bitcoin.

Search the posts of user payb.tc and somewhere he will have a post explaining how to install bitcoin on CentOS. Found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46329.0
It's not easy, as some dependencies are missing etc. etc. but you will make it.

But now a piece of advice: If you are struggling to get it running do you think you'll be able to secure it? We're talking about money after all...
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 07:55:52 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 01:29:01 PM by liamwli

It's a centos 5 vps.

There is no yum repo for bitcoin.

Search the posts of user payb.tc and somewhere he will have a little how to on installing bitcoin on CentOS. Found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46329.0
It's not easy, as some dependencies are missing etc. etc. but you will make it.

But now a piece of advice: If you are struggling to get it running do you think you'll be able to secure it? We're talking about money after all...

Please don't start asking what I can and can't do. It makes me doubt my confidence, and makes me get annoyed/upset. I am already quite upset from the server fault stack exchange site, and I don't want to get upet anymore.

I hope you understand,

Liam
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:59:28 AM

I advise you not to start asking what I can and can't do. I am in a bad enough mood at the moment as it is, with those idiots from stack exchange.

Hi liamwli,

Your only post on StackExchange is from a week ago and was titled "What are bitcoins? I have read all FAQ's, but still don't get them". It was closed as a duplicate, that's nothing personal, that's just the way StackExchange works. It's not a forum, it's a Q&A site. Still, you did get a some good links to have a look at.

A week later you want to make a faucet-like site but you don't have any PHP experience. Do you have other programming experience? If so, I think you'll get PHP pretty soon if you do some reading. If not, then you need to start from the ground up. It will take some time.

People building good Bitcoin sites have a lot of Bitcoin experience and a lot of programming experience. Now, if you are only 14 as your profile says it's understandable if you don't have that much experience. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you want to learn, but learning complicated subjects take time. Keep posting questions on the forums and on StackExchange but stuff like "I advise you not to start asking what I can and can't do" sounds like a threat. It won't get you any help, people will just stop reading.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 12:05:39 PM

Hey, you moron, I'm in a bad mood also, and if that's the way you talk to someone who gave you at least some pointers about what you were asking and a piece of GOOD advice then I say: go fuck yourself, nobody owes you anything, not Stack Exchange nor BitcoinTalk. Point your rage at yourself, we are not guilty of you wanting to do things that are obviously out of your capacity, you are!

Next time you cry for help, take every little bit of it that was given to you and be thankful. Like I said, nobody owes you anything and the internet is full of information for the ones who wish to look for it.
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:23:20 PM

I advise you not to start asking what I can and can't do. I am in a bad enough mood at the moment as it is, with those idiots from stack exchange.

Hi liamwli,

Your only post on StackExchange is from a week ago and was titled "What are bitcoins? I have read all FAQ's, but still don't get them". It was closed as a duplicate, that's nothing personal, that's just the way StackExchange works. It's not a forum, it's a Q&A site. Still, you did get a some good links to have a look at.

A week later you want to make a faucet-like site but you don't have any PHP experience. Do you have other programming experience? If so, I think you'll get PHP pretty soon if you do some reading. If not, then you need to start from the ground up. It will take some time.

People building good Bitcoin sites have a lot of Bitcoin experience and a lot of programming experience. Now, if you are only 14 as your profile says it's understandable if you don't have that much experience. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you want to learn, but learning complicated subjects take time. Keep posting questions on the forums and on StackExchange but stuff like "I advise you not to start asking what I can and can't do" sounds like a threat. It won't get you any help, people will just stop reading.

Hi, different stack exchange site. Not the bitcoin one. Sorry if you took that post personally. No offence ment. Liam
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:24:46 PM

Hi liamwli,

I know html, and I have made a couple of android apps so I am familiar with Java, I am also learning C Smiley
Liam W (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 01:26:59 PM

Hey, you moron, I'm in a bad mood also, and if that's the way you talk to someone who gave you at least some pointers about what you were asking and a piece of GOOD advice then I say: go fuck yourself, nobody owes you anything, not Stack Exchange nor BitcoinTalk. Point your rage at yourself, we are not guilty of you wanting to do things that are obviously out of your capacity, you are!

Next time you cry for help, take every little bit of it that was given to you and be thankful. Like I said, nobody owes you anything and the internet is full of information for the ones who wish to look for it.

Hey, I wasn't raging. It was a pointer. I was in a bad mood, I am sorry if it looked that way, I do that. I think something is OK, but people take another meaning than I though it meant from it. I am sorry if you took it like that, as thats not what I wanted it to mean.

I have now edited that post to make it more friendly (in my view). I am sorry if you thought I was being nasty before, I was in a bad mood though, and I wasn't my usual self.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 02:58:04 PM

Don't worry, I wasn't as angry as I may have sounded, just like you Wink
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:07:12 PM

@liamwli: if you really know the MVC concept of Java, a system like cakephp might be for you, since it implements this concept.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: