Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling within the Rules of PayPal  (Read 1039 times)
CaptainBeck (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:44:37 AM

With all know alot of the problems with selling straight BTC with Paypal.

Is its possible to sell BTC with Paypal by providing a services or a simple proven exchange of goods.

Lets say I draw a crude picture for the buyer and he receives it in a proven manager, so goods have been delivered and money received, then BTC sent.

Would this stop people charging back their money after receiving BTC because they have received the goods ("the picture") and in Paypal terms they cant charge back if the buyer receives the items they expected?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:51:56 AM

With all know alot of the problems with selling straight BTC with Paypal.

Is its possible to sell BTC with Paypal by providing a services or a simple proven exchange of goods.

Lets say I draw a crude picture for the buyer and he receives it in a proven manager, so goods have been delivered and money received, then BTC sent.

Would this stop people charging back their money after receiving BTC because they have received the goods ("the picture") and in Paypal terms they cant charge back if the buyer receives the items they expected?

this would have been nice. But in theory everything is nice sorry but with paypal it's not going to work.  They don't care about sellers.

even though you provide tracking details they still will allow to charge back.  Charge back is made by cc not paypal itself.  so paypal can't say shit if bank claiming money back.
CaptainBeck (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:58:02 AM

Surely this mean that any item sold with Paypal can be charged back no matter what it is??
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:32:26 PM

Surely this mean that any item sold with Paypal can be charged back no matter what it is??

yep. even better. even item delivered but buyer claim difference between item and description is enough to get money back.

easiest way...stay away from payhell.
CaptainBeck (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:35:04 PM

yep. even better. even item delivered but buyer claim difference between item and description is enough to get money back.

Surely there must be an easy to produce item that cant be claimed back.

Like asking for a plain white png image 500x500, and a proved received confirmation of the image, with a description.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

You can always dispute for unauthorized payment (aka someone hacked my account). So no, it wouldn't work.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:38:27 PM

Like asking for a plain white png image 500x500, and a proved received confirmation of the image, with a description.

anyone can claim damage to item in transit.  money will still be returned. payhell sucks big time. stay away.
CaptainBeck (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:45:42 PM

Yeah, I wasnt going to touch it unless i could find an airtight way of using it.

You guys no much about the rules on direct bank to bank transfers??
chrism1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:54:42 AM

YES. But you have to stay within national boundaries and play it safe, US -> US. CA -> CA. I wouldnt play it International because it can bring in unknowns about a foreign countries postal service and they rarely relay information to the US's postal system although some do. There is a couple ways to secure paypal funds to your account and your correct, through physical delivery of goods. you must know the postal services options. Its pretty much like court. You have to have physical evidence proving item was delivered although since paypal is online/electronic they want electronic proof of delivery. This can be done through USPS Signature Confirmation which provides an online picture of the receivers signature  although many years of selling on ebay and using paypal I have found this NOT always true and sometimes a person can receive with a signature confirmation track able item and NOT give a signature. BTW: If you paid for signature service and its not provided YOU ARE entitled to a refund.
I dont always say this but getting on the phone with paypal always give you the upper hand for anything. Dont let them tell you otherwise. ALL customer service reps can directly access your account and + or - funds in a snap. you can convince them to do just about anything to help your cause. I've had to do this a time when a scumbag tries to scam me on ebay. Be nice and they will do anything for you!
Although if your dealing with a stolen account that would bring up a problem, I havent dont much research there but ebay has a program where they eat it when someone gets scammed under certain circumstances
Confessions

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:03:03 AM

Then the buyer slices off a corner of that piece of paper, claims it is not as described, and wins disupte.
Parham6

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Deceased

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:18:42 AM

They could easily claim their account was hacked and get their money back still.

In memorial of the soon to be dead...
R.I.P.
chrism1

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:48:46 AM

Then the buyer slices off a corner of that piece of paper, claims it is not as described, and wins disupte.
I love it, its like law school.
Its now their burden to prove that in which paypal will most likely say "Send it back for refund"
NOW, its on the buyer to prove THEIR burden that the SNAD not described item must proven delivery back to the sender. Mail comes back to your box. Do not open.
 -Decline it-

RUN to the post office if you already missed your mail carrier and get the delivery scan removed if recorded .  Its imperative that the delivery scan is NEVER made. Scamming buyer NEVER gets proof of delivery. Item rightfully returns to scamming buyer where it belongs
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:32:38 AM

Either wait until Paypal is integrating BTC or trade with trusted members like myself so you won't have to worry about chargebacks;)
CaptainBeck (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:55:42 AM

Yeah Paypal just has too many holes to try and fill to make BTC work.

I'm tempted to get people to buy things from amazon for me in exchange for BTC, Once the goods are at mine next day they get their BTC.
loewen.brad

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:46:08 AM

I'm tempted to get people to buy things from amazon for me in exchange for BTC, Once the goods are at mine next day they get their BTC.

It would be simpler to just buy amazon gift codes directly from gyft.com using your btc. then you could buy whatever it is on your own without a middleman.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
MrKalipso

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:36:32 AM

i recomend u to have a look at this trading platform if u want to buy or sell with cryptocurrency http://cryptobid.org   ,  http://beta.cryptobid.org .
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:40:04 PM

It would be simpler to just buy amazon gift codes directly from gyft.com using your btc. then you could buy whatever it is on your own without a middleman.

You would still need to deal with the central authority (gyft) but at least gyft is bitcoin friendly while paypal is not.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
beaknuke

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:42:03 PM

we were running a fireworks display, we had a charge back on pair of tickets bought via paypal, paypal couldn't do anything even though they had all the evidence.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: