Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:14:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Scam Trading cards - the world needs them.  (Read 1076 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:41:34 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 05:29:32 PM by digitalindustry

- So I think the community will have a lot of fun with these.

I will make this topic and add to it as we go, what i'd like to do is make a Trading card set based on all the cool Crypto scams -

We could start by making them completely digital , then perhaps crowd fund the physical set.

basically they have to have a set up like this :

- - Front of the card - -

features the name and corresponding amusing picture.

A small description on the front possibly.

- - Back of the card - -

Explains the scam in full to the best of ability and where the scam is used i.e issuance or otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I will start to list popular scams and possible names for each card here in this topic

-totally open to feedback from the few on here that aren't angry about the world because their scam didn't work out ha ha - -

- if you think you can improve on a name or a picture description post the name and description here and i will update as we go.

- looking for any capable digital illustrator if we go to crowd fund you will get the payment.

Crypto Scam Trading Card set

in no particular order...

-----------------------------------------

Card 1.

Name :
"Hey kid, it works like this on Wall St!"

Image description :   Picture of a dude in a suite with slick back hair. IPO has to be featuring somewhere. a vague reference to any of the classic Wall St scammers like Morgan or Goldman is a +

Card description : IPO Scam trading card.

Back of scam card description :  Explains the IPO scam and how Crypto can have multiple addresses owned by very few people, and how the scam works by sending BTC to themselves they issue "stock" IPO of the freshly minted scam currency to themselves, to then later trade this back and forth on their favorite exchange that they may or may not have created themselves.

The idea is to create hype similar to on Wall St and sucker a new mark in by all the "Hugh trading volume!"  whenever a sucker buys they will be selling out to them. at a price they can bid up themselves.

-------------------------------------------

Card 2.

Name :
"Its for the community !"

Image description :  Pius looking pope like Jesus person handing out bread to people.

Card description : Classic Vanilla Pre-mine scam.

Back of Scam card description :  Explains what a "pre-mine" is,  explains all the different excuses that scammers come up with, "bounties" "giveaways" (to their own addresses) often results in a large dump of the currency on any poor marks head that decided to "feel the love" and buy in at time of exchange listing.

sometimes small Pre-mines can be legit, but we haven't seen many yet.

Card 3.

Name :

Image description :  

Card description :

Back of Scam card description :  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:47:59 PM

I'll Bite:

Reverse Pump and Dump aka. Dump and Pump

1. Launch coin with premine, promise anon over TOR
2. Dump premine, then claim you got scammed by one of the developers
3. Panic selling and dumping on FUD

- That is the Dump part, now here is the fun part

4. Buy back all the dumped coins + more for cheap
5. Announce new dev team, with credible members
6. Price Pumps on panic buying, people don't want to miss the bus/train/rocket to the moon
7. Dump your coins at a massive profit
8. Let coin enter zombie trading mode while your new dev team tries to salvage the coin.
9. hookers and blow

Example: VOOT
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:55:46 PM

I'll Bite:

Reverse Pump and Dump aka. Dump and Pump

1. Launch coin with premine, promise anon over TOR
2. Dump premine, then claim you got scammed by one of the developers
3. Panic selling and dumping on FUD

- That is the Dump part, now here is the fun part

4. Buy back all the dumped coins + more for cheap
5. Announce new dev team, with credible members
6. Price Pumps on panic buying, people don't want to miss the bus/train/rocket to the moon
7. Dump your coins at a massive profit
8. Let coin enter zombie trading mode while your new dev team tries to salvage the coin.
9. hookers and blow

Example: VOOT

i like them - but i think there are a lot of cards i that one ha ha  so we have the Classic pre mine -  there is of course the "I got robbed !"  which is the dump cover?

the switch Dev team is always a good one.

i will take it on advice until i can work all that into different cards, there are a lot of premines i think we can just work them into a single card you think yes?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:53:40 PM by JohnnyBTCSeed

This is my take on some satire cards, inspired by garbage pale kidz

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:24:35 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:52:38 PM by JohnnyBTCSeed

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:26:51 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:54:37 PM by JohnnyBTCSeed

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:28:42 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:55:25 PM by JohnnyBTCSeed

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

Ok,

Apologizes for Hijacking the thread.

I moved the crypto kidz collection to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654861.msg7350820#msg7350820

gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:50:43 PM

I like the idea but why not go further and create a crypto card game of some sort. Loads of crypto freaks are also geeky table top gamers who love card games.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:56:43 AM

I had an idea like this about a year ago and have been creating cards and a game based on them in my head since then. I have a graphic designer whom I've worked with in the past also who would be perfect to do this. To do it right, however, will take a little more capital than I have available, not much, maybe 10 BTC to get a few dozen starter sets printed. If anyone wants to partner up, I'm happy to discuss some possibilities via PM.

Still around.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 01:55:23 AM

Ok,

Apologizes for Hijacking the thread.

I moved the crypto kidz collection to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654861.msg7350820#msg7350820

ha ha cool i like them

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 01:56:33 AM

I like the idea but why not go further and create a crypto card game of some sort. Loads of crypto freaks are also geeky table top gamers who love card games.
indeed

i'm planning to make each card have a score 1 - 10 etc

on how "good" the scam is so this could work for a game possibly ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 01:57:32 AM

I had an idea like this about a year ago and have been creating cards and a game based on them in my head since then. I have a graphic designer whom I've worked with in the past also who would be perfect to do this. To do it right, however, will take a little more capital than I have available, not much, maybe 10 BTC to get a few dozen starter sets printed. If anyone wants to partner up, I'm happy to discuss some possibilities via PM.

away now but will pm you . : )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:27:33 AM

Maybe an open source crypto card game. With all the proper files and instructions you can print at home or take to a local or Internet print store. Your cards will only look as good as you make them.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:11:04 PM

Maybe an open source crypto card game. With all the proper files and instructions you can print at home or take to a local or Internet print store. Your cards will only look as good as you make them.

I really like this idea. Anyone who wanted could submit illustrations and rule variations and even expansion packs.

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: