Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ATH] ATHEISTCOIN █ GROESTL-based █ BITTREX █ NEW BOUNTIES █ NEW WALLET!  (Read 33261 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dropkick

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:33:54 PM

Noticed the op changed with wallet update info, so there is something new coming?

Told ya something was coming! Wallet looking all sexy & stuff. Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eeeeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:52:22 PM

WTF the price went down to the floor and the dev is not doing anything about it we need someone to take over this project the current dev can't handle it..

So, the dev was not doing anything? I wonder how this new update came to be then Tongue

Running through the commits for this new wallet I see:

• Fork at 85.000
  • New reward scheme added
  • New functions added (makekeypair?)
  • New IRC-module added (with custom build serverimplementation)
  • New flag added (-testirc) for IRC-debugging and logging
  • New checkpoints added
  • New alert key set

Did I miss anything? Smiley
Dropkick

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:00:58 PM

Just read this. Really like how it sums up what ATH is about.
You guys actually made smile in the part of the article that you set up a donation adress for Mubarak Bala.
This is why i love crypto, money by people for people.
Atheistcoin (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:44:28 PM

WTF the price went down to the floor and the dev is not doing anything about it we need someone to take over this project the current dev can't handle it..

So, the dev was not doing anything? I wonder how this new update came to be then Tongue

Running through the commits for this new wallet I see:

• Fork at 85.000
  • New reward scheme added
  • New functions added (makekeypair?)
  • New IRC-module added (with custom build serverimplementation)
  • New flag added (-testirc) for IRC-debugging and logging
  • New checkpoints added
  • New alert key set

Did I miss anything? Smiley

Yes you did Wink

GUI was improved too:

Fixed a few minor flaws with colors etc.
New overall font added
Monotype font for addresses
New icons
New progressbar

Also, it needs to be said we currently are considering the IRC module functional but far from finished ... we took some shortcuts (namely with the private message tab) because we felt we had to show to the community we are still working on advancing the concept and the code.  There is a known bug (see previous post), and we are not satisfied with the current private message implementation, yes it works and yes it saves a lot of hassle with handling tabs or dialogs ... but still we feel there is a better solution.

This is kind of where we want to involve feedback from you, the community.
Originally we intended to implement PoS near the end of PoW, but since it's such a big thing lately we want to make the decision yours.

What should we focus on next?
Improve IRC more? Add more features to wallet? Go for PoS?
fluttergas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

roflcopterfanaticsystemz

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:45:56 PM

Total coins:  2.932.500 aka way undervalued at the moment.

irc #crypto-tweakers
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:59:54 PM

"errors" : "Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

Anyone else with wallet problems?  Upgraded to latest:

"version" : 1000001,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
eeeeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:28:28 PM

"errors" : "Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

Anyone else with wallet problems?  Upgraded to latest:

"version" : 1000001,
    "protocolversion" : 70001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Yes, they got forked at 85K ... several pools did not do the mandatory update, 1 external seednode did accidently not update and a lot of miners didn't either ... net got forked bad, I know the dev is working on it like crazy. Right now they are trying to determine whether they merge the chains or revert to 85K (the point of the fork).
fluttergas

roflcopterfanaticsystemz

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:42:42 PM

Had a chat with the dev the other night through the new wallet irc client.
Works like a charm! Gotta give a warm hand to the dev his skills & dedication.

irc #crypto-tweakers
Atheistcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:36:26 PM

MANDATORY UPDATE to 1.0.0.2
OP UPDATED
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:31:16 AM

OP UPDATED
To cheap for a coin with only 10 coins per blocks

BusyBeee

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:18:50 AM

OP UPDATED

Hi,  are all the forks merged into version 1002 or cutoff at block 85,000? The pool that I was in is still on the old version 1000 fork.  Will I lose all the coins mined after the 85,000 block?  I pray that dev would do the merge so I don't lose the few thousand coins that I mined since the fork.
fluttergas

roflcopterfanaticsystemz

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:01:45 AM

OP UPDATED

Hi,  are all the forks merged into version 1002 or cutoff at block 85,000? The pool that I was in is still on the old version 1000 fork.  Will I lose all the coins mined after the 85,000 block?  I pray that dev would do the merge so I don't lose the few thousand coins that I mined since the fork.

Pray for Atheistcoin? The irony  Grin

irc #crypto-tweakers
Atheistcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:26:16 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:11:57 AM by Atheistcoin

OP UPDATED

Hi,  are all the forks merged into version 1002 or cutoff at block 85,000? The pool that I was in is still on the old version 1000 fork.  Will I lose all the coins mined after the 85,000 block?  I pray that dev would do the merge so I don't lose the few thousand coins that I mined since the fork.

No, we did not merge, we cut off at 85K, merging would be extremely unfair for the very obvious reason the pools who didn't upgrade were handing out non-existent coins. Block-reward dropped to 7.5 at 85K, pools which did not upgrade were still handing out 10. We announced well ahead (60 hours) there was a mandatory update. We don't see why we would reward pools/persons that caused the fork. Also it is simply impossible to do anything fairly towards all the people who DID upgrade, any coin to compensate you must come out of their pockets, and that's not right at all, they did everything right.

So sorry, this is how it's going to be, if you don't like it go please go harass the pool operator, they were the ones who didn't bother to upgrade and thus caused the fork, maybe that operator learns something and stays more active on the forums (like they should be).

The 'official' pool is currently up to date, there is no need to register, just enter the below data in your miner-software and any coins mined will be send straight to your wallet.
Don't forget ATH matures in 80 blocks, so you won't see any coin appear in your local wallet untill 1 hour after you started mining.

Stratum: stratum+tcp://pool.atheistcoin.org:3333
Username: your AtheistCoin address
Password: anything

Note: Mining in the official pool helps ATH stay alive, we take a tiny fee and use that to fill our development/hosting/give-away fund.
However this is not nearly enough, (I guess we were to fair for our own good,) so if you would like to help us out, please donate some to the address listed in OP.

And a reminder: As long as not all our nodes are upgraded (unfortunately we do not control all of them), the Warning about the other nodes needing to upgrade will stay visible, please do not worry about this, it shows just because some of the unofficial nodes that have not upgraded yet, this should be resolved as soon as we managed to contact all the volunteers running these nodes.
If you use the 1.0.0.2 wallet you should be fine.
ScamExposer

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:52:41 AM

Hi Atheistcoin,

I compiled a list with users and pools that did not upgrade (still on 1.0.0.0 as I type!) and thus caused your fork ... do you have any use for this?
I can send it in PM?  I guess dumping IPs and addresses here might be taking it to far Wink

It's very sad to see one of the few new alt-coins that is not scamming almost die because of lack of investment of it's users and pools.

It almost looks like people prefer scams with fake (pre-)ANNs nowaday, what a shame!
I wish you guys the best of luck, I hope you survive this dip, I belief (hahaha) in this coin (or rather, the dev, code looks good), and if I can do anything to help you guys out, do not hesitate to ask!
Dropkick

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

The 'official' pool is currently up to date, there is no need to register, just enter the below data in your miner-software and any coins mined will be send straight to your wallet.
Don't forget ATH matures in 80 blocks, so you won't see any coin appear in your local wallet untill 1 hour after you started mining.

Stratum: stratum+tcp://pool.atheistcoin.org:3333
Username: your AtheistCoin address
Password: anything

Note: Mining in the official pool helps ATH stay alive, we take a tiny fee and use that to fill our development/hosting/give-away fund.
However this is not nearly enough, (I guess we were to fair for our own good,) so if you would like to help us out, please donate some to the address listed in OP.

Just pointed my rigs, works like charm. Lets keep this coin alive people!
Atheistcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:50:31 PM

Hi Atheistcoin,

I compiled a list with users and pools that did not upgrade (still on 1.0.0.0 as I type!) and thus caused your fork ... do you have any use for this?
I can send it in PM?  I guess dumping IPs and addresses here might be taking it to far Wink

It's very sad to see one of the few new alt-coins that is not scamming almost die because of lack of investment of it's users and pools.

It almost looks like people prefer scams with fake (pre-)ANNs nowaday, what a shame!
I wish you guys the best of luck, I hope you survive this dip, I belief (hahaha) in this coin (or rather, the dev, code looks good), and if I can do anything to help you guys out, do not hesitate to ask!

Hi, no, we do not need to assign blame anywhere, shit happens. Also we do know how 'getpeerinfo' works Wink

At least the 1.0.0.2 fork is running on the official nodes so if only everyone bothered to upgrade (grmbl ... still a lot of peeps on 1.0.0.0 indeed) we are going to be fine.

Thank you for your kind words though Smiley
M1ST3R

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

OP UPDATED

Pray for Atheistcoin? The irony  Grin

More like crying.... I lost 23,041 coins ( or $134 worth of electricity cost for 3 days) mining in http://cryptohunger.com:81/.   The pool is run by someone goes by the name srcxxx.

The pool uses optimized kernel that give 5-10% more hashrate, but the fee ( I was finally able to calculate based on confirmed blocks and payout differences for each hour ) is 8%.  So basically, you get the same payout as any other pool because the higher hashrate is offset by the high pool fee.
Atheistcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

OP UPDATED

Hi,  are all the forks merged into version 1002 or cutoff at block 85,000? The pool that I was in is still on the old version 1000 fork.  Will I lose all the coins mined after the 85,000 block?  I pray that dev would do the merge so I don't lose the few thousand coins that I mined since the fork.

Pray for Atheistcoin? The irony  Grin

More like crying.... I lost 23,041 coins ( or $134 worth of electricity cost for 3 days) mining in http://cryptohunger.com:81/.   The pool is run by someone goes by the name srcxxx.

The pool uses optimized kernel that give 5-10% more hashrate, but the fee ( I was finally able to calculate based on confirmed blocks and payout differences for each hour ) is 8%.  So basically, you get the same payout as any other pool because the higher hashrate is offset by the high pool fee.

Hi, that's a huge shame, and we feel for your loss, however we can not be held responsible for pools who didn't update .. especially if those pools are not listed by us. The problem is not AtheistCoin, the problem is some of these pools run too many coins or their owner gets too lazy to frequently check for updates and announces. After all it's the pool owners responsibility to keep the pool up to date, we gave a 60 hour notice, but this s was apparently not enough of a warning for these pools.

The result was more then 50% of the network hammering on in the old chain and forking, with other words: the pool owners are not just your problem, they are our problem, and alt coins' in general too. It's all profit driven and to make a quick buck they need to run multiple coins, they seem to forget that with every coin they host they take on a responsibility to at least daily check for updates for the coin they host, that's like 30 sec per day per coin .. but apparently even that is already too much to ask.

Currently the only pool we are absolutely certain of always being up to date is our own pool. When other pools confirm to be running 1.0.0.2 we will also list them as certain in the OP.

P.S.

$134 dollars for 3 days of electricity?  So you are saying you use $1400 per month in power? Where on earth do you live and how much Mh/s are we talking?
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:42:08 AM

OP UPDATED

Pray for Atheistcoin? The irony  Grin

More like crying.... I lost 23,041 coins ( or $134 worth of electricity cost for 3 days) mining in http://cryptohunger.com:81/.   The pool is run by someone goes by the name srcxxx.

The pool uses optimized kernel that give 5-10% more hashrate, but the fee ( I was finally able to calculate based on confirmed blocks and payout differences for each hour ) is 8%.  So basically, you get the same payout as any other pool because the higher hashrate is offset by the high pool fee.

Hi, that's a huge shame, and we feel for your loss, however we can not be held responsible for pools who didn't update .. especially if those pools are not listed by us. The problem is not AtheistCoin, the problem is some of these pools run too many coins or their owner gets too lazy to frequently check for updates and announces. After all it's the pool owners responsibility to keep the pool up to date, we gave a 60 hour notice, but this s was apparently not enough of a warning for these pools.

The result was more then 50% of the network hammering on in the old chain and forking, with other words: the pool owners are not just your problem, they are our problem, and alt coins' in general too. It's all profit driven and to make a quick buck they need to run multiple coins, they seem to forget that with every coin they host they take on a responsibility to at least daily check for updates for the coin they host, that's like 30 sec per day per coin .. but apparently even that is already too much to ask.

Currently the only pool we are absolutely certain of always being up to date is our own pool. When other pools confirm to be running 1.0.0.2 we will also list them as certain in the OP.

P.S.

$134 dollars for 3 days of electricity?  So you are saying you use $1400 per month in power? Where on earth do you live and how much Mh/s are we talking?
This pool has had only 246mh/s of a worker  $164 is for ten days +- of consumption for that hashrate

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:17:56 AM

As requested by the dev, we have taken the market offline.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: