Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble incoming! $3800 - $4000 expected  (Read 17492 times)
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:46:25 PM

I hope we see a new bubble soon. I bought most of my coins > $800. Would love to be in profit. Undecided

Then why didn't you buy in at the dips to 450? If I may ask... I bought in all the way down, so my average is about 620.
He may have used up all of his available funds.

What you suggest is a good strategy otherwise.

Only if it doesn't continue to go down Wink
Good point!

Obviously you would have to be fairly certain of its long term hopes  Grin
Still, lets give credit where credit is due: buying at over $800 and holding all this year is tough
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:46:57 PM

I hope we see a new bubble soon. I bought most of my coins > $800. Would love to be in profit. Undecided

Then why didn't you buy in at the dips to 450? If I may ask... I bought in all the way down, so my average is about 620.
Weren't you one of the bears suggesting to wait until the 200s to buy?

Oh, snap! To the the > $800 bagholder.... I'm with ya. Cry Cheesy
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

Good point!

Still, lets give credit where credit is due: buying at over $800 and holding all this year is tough
That's what they said for over a year for the folks that bought at $33

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:49:35 PM

Weren't you one of the bears suggesting to wait until the 200s to buy?

Me? nope. If anything, I'm a bull.
DonDev

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:52:38 PM

This sounds good to me hope it happens very very soon  Smiley
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:55:48 PM

Good point!

Definitely, must be so tempting to sell.

Would have been better to sell and then buy back, but let's not go down that road Cheesy
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:01:54 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 01:47:58 AM by squatter

No bubble yet, please. I need more cheap coins. Cry

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

It was inevitable. 5000 USD is definitely possible.
Fother Mucker (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

no bubble yet please. i need more cheap coins. Cry
You should buy them soon if you want cheap coins. I don't think we will be able to get them for this price in the future. That's why i bought 2 extra bitcoins with my last savings.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:09:49 PM

You should buy them soon if you want cheap coins. I don't think we will be able to get them for this price in the future. That's why i bought 2 extra bitcoins with my last savings.
Niiiiice. So you are all in?
bananaControl

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

I think that a lot of us are doing a little extra something to buy more coins these days before the expected rise.
Fother Mucker (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

Yes i'm all in. But i'm a student and don't have a lot of money. I started with 10 btc at 200 euros per bitcoin and made some profits with litecoin. I took my investment of 2000 euros out of it and took some profit. After that i still had 7 btc left and bought 2 now. So that makes my avarage price €90
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:19:12 PM

Good point!

It's not so tough.

I've been buying since $1,000 all the way down to $450. Not counting the quick deals I've made along the way, I'd have to sell or spend my current coins (the ones I HEDL) at an average of about $700 to break even. And I ain't even mad. Because the amount I spent to acquire the coins was a portion of my income that I'm comfortable not having.

It's going to be so worth it.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
eagles343

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:23:06 PM

Good point!

there's no duobt about that. and i thought it was tough holding my coins from $550 on the way down to $340!!
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:39:57 PM

Too much great if it will happen, but I don't think ! 4000$ is too much, you say that market cap will increase of 60.000.000.000$ ! (more or less)

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

Too much great if it will happen, but I don't think ! 4000$ is too much, you say that market cap will increase of 60.000.000.000$ ! (more or less)
Ignoring online spending, what if Bitcoin became a 'safe haven' during the next economic crisis?
Fother Mucker (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:45:54 PM

This doesn't mean that we need $60,000,000,000 to get there. If the orderbook has almost no sellers you can get to $4000 with a small ammount of money. Ofcourse we still need a lot, but way less than $60,000,000,000
bananaControl

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:01:09 PM

Ignoring online spending, what if Bitcoin became a 'safe haven' during the next economic crisis?

This is one of the future scenarios that I find very likely. I don't subscribe to the whole doomsday "prepper" version but more a long slow spiraling grind down, and at the same time bitcoin will be getting bigger and stronger.

Some people would say: "but hey banana! PMs is where people go in hard financial times!", sure, it used to be, but I personally own PMs (We're talking physical) and have experienced what a PITA it is to both store and buy/sell. Just now I'm trying to sell some silver locally and it took me almost a week to find a buyer and that was at spot price! no premium! Jesus! what the .... !!! With bitcoin I could have done that INSTANTLY!
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:20:57 PM

What makes me sceptical about this is the fact that everyone now expects 10 fold increase as it has turned to be a yearly pattern. I would be surprised if the next peak is ~4000$ and everyone called it more or less perfectly, cashing out during the rally from 3k to 4k.

Having said that, I recall a friend of mine who looked at the parabolic rise of Bitcoin a year ago and said as if he was an old and wise man "if history was to repeat itself, now would be the time to sell" and price has just passed 100$ per Bitcoin. Selling at 100 turned out to be quite a risky business because after the bubble burst, the price did not go much below 100 anyway. Anyone would have pulled their hair out looking the price climbing to 250$ after having cashed out at 100$ Cheesy

Hence, I'd suggest the price goes 2x higher than expected during the next bubble and if it bursts (might not happen for the sake of irony) most people who sold in hope of catching the top will hardly break even when buying back in.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:24:17 PM

Aye. On r/bitcoinmarkets there are quite a few nominating July 24th as the peak at $5000 as if it's in the bag already. I think the world is a slightly more complex place but only time will tell.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: