Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:42:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Steam accepted Bitcoin?  (Read 2391 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:13:25 AM

im 100% sure steam would be 10x as big as overstock.com accepting bitcoin.
steam+valve have a revenue of several billions per year and on top of that ~60+ million users (2013).
the userbase is also pretty much perfect for btc:
young, interested in pc-tech/internet, has money

but as far as i know steam/valve have no actual plans for accepting btc.

Well, let's show them there's demand for it and they will likely consider it.

And if steam starts, you can wait for origin to follow suit, just like many other companies.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 12:03:09 PM

I got the reply from customer service (see the first post in this topic). It was completely useless copy-paste answer  Sad
so I wrote them a reply, now let's see how it goes. If any of you find this issue important, I'd suggest you contact Steam the same way I did, because it would increase the chance to make a difference.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:10:12 PM

Several sites, e.g. Coingas, have been selling steam codes for BTC (and other cryptos) for ages.
What exactly would change if Valve would accept BTC directly? Pretty much nothing?...

I never knew that anyone was selling steam games for BTC. Steam accepting BTC would mean something for me, as i would spend some money on for example DOTA2, and Steam would earn money. This way, neather i used my BTC nor they earned something...lost/lost situation.
To correct myself...yes i knew for 1 site that accepted BTC for steam codes....they were fake.

So...Steam officialy accepting BTC would be big thing for me...on large scale i dont know but steam users do look like ppl that are much closer to BTC world than for example Overstock users.

ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:11:25 PM

I got the reply from customer service (see the first post in this topic). It was completely useless copy-paste answer  Sad
so I wrote them a reply, now let's see how it goes. If any of you find this issue important, I'd suggest you contact Steam the same way I did, because it would increase the chance to make a difference.

You started off with pretty bad intonation. Instead of what you wrote, you could gave them hints on other large companies accepting BTC and how it would benefit them (even tho, i think they already know that). Your fist message is kinda "bullish" so...i wouldnt expect much out of it.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 12:30:13 PM

You started off with pretty bad intonation. Instead of what you wrote, you could gave them hints on other large companies accepting BTC and how it would benefit them (even tho, i think they already know that). Your fist message is kinda "bullish" so...i wouldnt expect much out of it.

I'm sick and tired of fake politeness everywhere and I don't care. That's why I'm not the right person for this task, I know. Still, it's a step to the right direction, to say the least.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:20:40 PM

6 Message by Support Tech Jax on Fri, 20th Jun 2014 3:37 pm
Hello Erich,

I will forward your comments onto the appropriate department.

Please note, if you wish to share an opinion, idea or suggestion, please visit the Steam for Mac section of the Forums, found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/

This forum is regularly read by Valve's development team.

I think someone who uses Mac should also raise the Bitcoin issue in their Mac forums. It is relevant now that Apple has endorsed Bitcoin.

bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:06:36 PM

6 Message by Support Tech Jax on Fri, 20th Jun 2014 3:37 pm
Hello Erich,

I will forward your comments onto the appropriate department.

Please note, if you wish to share an opinion, idea or suggestion, please visit the Steam for Mac section of the Forums, found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/

This forum is regularly read by Valve's development team.

I think someone who uses Mac should also raise the Bitcoin issue in their Mac forums. It is relevant now that Apple has endorsed Bitcoin.

The bought beats by dr dre. just use the same b logo for bitcoin  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: