Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:06:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any miner want to help test something?  (Read 2260 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:40:49 PM

I want to run an experiment with some mining hardware, basically pointing your miner to a certain site for me.

First this not pool software.
Second this would be like running a solo miner, I would not be able to collect blocks from you or steal your money.
Third this for people that want to see if something works or fails.

Contact me.
kickbit

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:02:36 PM

Mmm... And what is it for? Any additional information?

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:06:36 PM

Mmm... And what is it for? Any additional information?

Secret idea, that could blow up and not work, or could be useful for solo miners. I will not profit if anyone solves a block. Just trying to do my part to help prevent 51%.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:49:53 PM

Any hash rate threshold(s) - lower/upper?

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

Any hash rate threshold(s) - lower/upper?

Nope any miners of any capability. Just a reminder that this experiment may blow up and die.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:59:34 PM

less 'risk' for people who have an old block erupter or something laying around and willing to help Wink

Pathi

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:05:53 AM

I would be willing to help. I have a few usb block erupters, and maybe a block erupter cube I could put on this.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:18:50 AM

less 'risk' for people who have an old block erupter or something laying around and willing to help Wink

I would be willing to help. I have a few usb block erupters, and maybe a block erupter cube I could put on this.

It less about the hash rate, I just want to make sure miners can connect to this url and make sure they can communicate with the data.
_Miracle

Activity: 907
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:53:00 AM

How long do you need it to be connected for?

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:55:20 AM

How long do you need it to be connected for?

I am tweaking things and some people actually proposed some ideas. Right now I don't need any miners, but thanks for offer.
_Miracle

Activity: 907
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:56:25 AM

Good luck :-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:59:47 AM

Good luck :-)

Thank you!
Pathi

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:18:46 PM

It less about the hash rate, I just want to make sure miners can connect to this url and make sure they can communicate with the data.

Ok just let me know when you need them. They are just collecting dust atm.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:12:56 PM

Actually I am rebuilding the idea, so I will update this thread. Some people gave me some great ideas so yeah.
aosmith

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:01:55 PM

Actually I am rebuilding the idea, so I will update this thread. Some people gave me some great ideas so yeah.

I'll sell you a block erupter blade on the cheap if you're still looking for something to test with...
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:45:46 PM

I'll sell you a block erupter blade on the cheap if you're still looking for something to test with...

Thank you, but I don't need any mining equipment, as so many people are willing to help!

Will minera connect to this?

I know it is very difficult/not at all for minera to solo.

I am always for someone in help. Let me know.

It is needs to be able to solo mine, if it uses cgminer or bfgminer, it will be able to connect. I am currently working on version 2 as this could be big for solo miners. I am not a miner at all, I understand it in theory and algorithms but I have never done it.

Quick announcement version two of this is almost ready, I will be going down the list, the first version failed due to a lot of problems, so now that I have fixed those, and even moved the logic to a more powerful gateway, it should be better.
rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:36:25 PM

I can throw 27 pathetic Mhashes on if you need a specifically small one later on.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:16:23 AM

I can throw 27 pathetic Mhashes on if you need a specifically small one later on.

Thank, we have a lot of people that want to try this but we have a list and I just put you on.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:35:23 AM

Ok we updated the software, based on a lot of feedback, so we hope this will help the solo miners of the world!
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:54:52 AM

Ok we updated the software, based on a lot of feedback, so we hope this will help the solo miners of the world!

Got your pm.
Nice. It's connected & my minera is pointed 3048Kh/s@ your test. For how long do you need the HR?

Thank you and Pmed back.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: