Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what happend to feathercoin?  (Read 1919 times)
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:46:37 AM

Nothing really happened to it, that's largely the problem. One big plus FTC had was the active community/forums but that seems to have dwindled to next to nothing very fast. Maybe it'll have it's day again but I'm very sceptical.

They left here and started their own forum, that was the beginning of the end, no new blood on there.  That said FTC is still profitable to mine for about 5-10% of any given day.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
krisdavison

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:38:36 PM

Im not sure thats really true ... there are new people joining the forum maybe not as many as there are on here but its a steady stream.
There are easily enough people active to keep the coin going and progress on some great projects.

I think the new algo is really going to make a huge difference. Once we can come out from litecoins shadow we will be able to forge a better path.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:58:04 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 08:39:21 PM by Joe_Bauers

With a 1000 altcoins, I'm afraid FTC just lost out to newer, shinier alternatives with better names.

Crypto is becoming like a Warhol world of "15 minutes of fame". I think the days of any coin shining for a longish period are over.

BTC and LTC are the exceptions for the time being, at least in terms of they will be around for some time to come.

There is too much choice, and even with the imminent departure of scrypt (not including LTC), people will just clone the others. So no difference will be made, except that a small number may very well find niches. Given I have an opinion on everything, it will be coins that are largely under the radar, but with good developers who view their coin as a project to perfect.

This is the smartest thing I've read on here in a while!  I believe that the huge flood is also partly an intential attack on BTC.  Let's call it the dilution attack.

Back in the day (1-2 yrs ago Wink ) if a coin was released that didn't provide some sort of innovation, it was shunned and would die a quick death. Now, prevailing greed, along with the dilution attack make up almost the entire community.

The quote above mentiones "too much choice" but is this true?

Since most of you still use Windows, let's examine this from the perspective of Windows 7.  

If we equate BTC with famous original Windows 7, what would [coin of the day]coin be???  
Windows 7 Now with green icons!!!
Windows 7 Including support for courier fonts!!!
Windows 7 Now with TCP/IP support!!!
Windows 7 Includes new wallpaper!!!
Windows 7 ZOMG Version - Includes a link to the internet!!!!1!!!2.

The end result is, you'll buy one of those copy versions, just so you can potentially trade it in for famous original Windows 7, which includes the option to do all those things anyway?!

My point is..... Many of you who are jumping from non innovative coin to coin, are actually working toward the destruction of Bitcoin, and innovation in the community in general. Of course, as long as there is a buck to be made, you'll continue to do the same thing.

So, the  tl;dr version is, carry on folks Wink
krisdavison

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

I think your right but the tl;dr; is suck it up folks support a coin with something worth having .... Innovation. -> (Feathercoin)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: